• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The I bought the DVD/Blu-Ray and don't want the digital version give away thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, right?

I did order three new sets today, though.

Not what I need right now. Esp not when the LEGO Store is taunting me with that R2-D2 model...

U4enbmg.gif

Toa TAK

Banned
Alright.

I gotta give back to this thread. Only issue is, the movie code I have is for....

Prometheus

So how about this:

A group of alien archeologists from another planet come to a vacant Earth and all that remains of our existence is this fucking movie. What would they discern from it?

Go.

DOWN

Banned
Alright.

I gotta give back to this thread. Only issue is, the movie code I have is for....

Prometheus

So how about this:

A group of alien archeologists from another planet come to a vacant Earth and all that remains of our existence is this fucking movie. What would they discern from it?

Go.
That we are highly superficial beings

Alright.

Prometheus

So how about this:

Go.

Not much.

Alright.

Prometheus

So how about this:

Go.
Humans are dumbasses.

Alright.

Prometheus

So how about this:

Go.

hopefully to not run in a straight line

Alright.

Prometheus

So how about this:

Go.

Fuck are those giant bald men?

Mikurden

Alright.

Prometheus

So how about this:

Go.
That it's possible for a skilled and talented human artist to create memorable images, sustain an incredible atmosphere, and thoughtfully explore some profound ideas and at least nibble around the edges of larger concepts while also neglecting the plot enough to somehow overlook really stupid and obvious failings?

Toa TAK

Banned
That it's possible for a skilled and talented human artist to create memorable images, sustain an incredible atmosphere, and thoughtfully explore some profound ideas and at least nibble around the edges of larger concepts while also neglecting the plot enough to somehow overlook really stupid and obvious failings?
...Mmmmaybe

Alright.

Prometheus

So how about this:

Go.
I imagine these alien archeologists view themselves in a positive light. Therefore, they would be dumbfounded at the negative perception human beings had of aliens. Then they would realize that human beings had the same negative perception of each other. That's why, like a cockroach, this movie is all that's left of the human experience.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Alright.

Prometheus

So how about this:

Go.

Is vudu still around in the future? Or do they find a bluray copy?

In any case, their world view would crash since David's remains landed on their planet and they have been worshiping it as a god benevolently dictating their lives for thousands of years. So the archeologists destroy the movie and swear each other to secrecy so as not to destroy their home planet's fragile social politicaal and religious balance. On the way home they turn on each other and they all die, their ship burns upon reentry and their homeworld continue to live happily ever after.

This is how you make it into a movie with a nice plot twist: The archeologists find a tablet that plays this movie on loop, over and over, and there are a variety of reactions from shock to happiness to dismay. One commits suicide on the spot. They initially take it with them on their ship for return trip, treating it with great reverence. But after much argument,debate and discussion, they agree to destroy the artifact and swear each other to secrecy. You get the feel through their discussions that bringing it back would destroy their home planet's fragile social political and religious balance. However, they slowly turn on each other as some really want to keep it and in the closing minutes after a fight, their ship burns upon reentry and nothing is left. You see their families be sad, and you get the sense they were on a mission to find something to save their dying planet. Then the camera pans out, or you somewhow realize in the closing seconds that David's remains had landed on their planet and they have been worshiping it as a god benevolently dictating their lives for thousands of years. But David's power is running out, and they are afraid the world will end. The trip was at David's instruction to find huamns to repair him and thus ensure the new world continues peacefully.

gabbo

Alright.

Prometheus

So how about this:

Go.

The people who made this, and likely lived on this planet have odd ways of telling stories that are not very true to life. But then they'd realize their own filmmakers stretch suspension of disbelief in film ,especially back in their pre-interstellar travel days. It'd be brought back as a comedy.

Alright.

Prometheus

So how about this:

Go.

Where is this woman and where did she go?

Alright.

Prometheus

So how about this:

Go.

If this is what their smartest scientists got up to no wonder they are all extinct....

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Alright.

Prometheus

So how about this:

Go.

All that money on awesome special effects and these humans cannot even make old man makeup look real.

I've got codes to give away.
One way to get a code is to post a gif of the movie you want and the one I like best will get the code.
Another way is if you haven't seen the movie I'll give you the code for the movie you chose. Please don't lie I would like for people who haven't seen the movie to get a chance to watch it.
One code per person:
1. Mad Max Fury Road
2. The Witch
3. Heat
4.The Terminator
5. From Russia With Love
6. The Boy and the Beast (not sure if its the subbed or dubbed version)
7. Transformers: The Movie (1986)
8. Deadpool
9. Doctor Strange
10. Ghostbusters 1 & 2
11. The Princess Bride
12. A Monster Calls
13. La La Land
14 - 20. Fast and Furious 1 - 7
21 - 23. Mothra 1 - 3
24. The Nice Guys
25. Bad Boys
26. Bad Boys II
27. John Wick
28. Aliens and extras
29. Ant-Man
These codes are expired so YMMV
30. Guardians of the Galaxy
31. Inception
32. Django Unchained (comes with 2 different codes for Itunes and UV not sure if activating one cancels the other)
33. 21 Jump Street
34. ? ( I have no idea but its a movie from universal)

Mikurden

One way to get a code is to post a gif of the movie you want and the one I like best will get the code.
Another way is if you haven't seen the movie I'll give you the code for the movie you chose. Please don't lie I would like for people who haven't seen the movie to get a chance to watch it.
One code per person:
1. Mad Max Fury Road
2. The Witch
3. Heat
4.The Terminator
5. From Russia With Love
8. Deadpool
9. Doctor Strange
10. Ghostbusters 1 & 2
11. The Princess Bride
12. A Monster Calls
13. La La Land
21 - 23. Mothra 1 - 3
24. The Nice Guys
25. Bad Boys
26. Bad Boys II
27. John Wick
28. Aliens and extras
29. Ant-Man
31. Inception
32. Django Unchained (comes with 2 different codes for Itunes and UV not sure if activating one cancels the other)
33. 21 Jump Street

Would love to see 1. Mad Max Fury Road!

this_guy

One code per person:
1. Mad Max Fury Road
2. The Witch
3. Heat
4.The Terminator
5. From Russia With Love
8. Deadpool
9. Doctor Strange
10. Ghostbusters 1 & 2
11. The Princess Bride
12. A Monster Calls
13. La La Land
21 - 23. Mothra 1 - 3
24. The Nice Guys
25. Bad Boys
26. Bad Boys II
27. John Wick
28. Aliens and extras
29. Ant-Man
31. Inception
33. 21 Jump Street

I'd like to see what's​ the big deal with 13 - La La Land.

One code per person:
1. Mad Max Fury Road
2. The Witch
3. Heat
4.The Terminator
5. From Russia With Love
8. Deadpool
9. Doctor Strange
10. Ghostbusters 1 & 2
11. The Princess Bride
12. A Monster Calls
13. La La Land
21 - 23. Mothra 1 - 3
24. The Nice Guys
25. Bad Boys
26. Bad Boys II
27. John Wick
28. Aliens and extras
29. Ant-Man
31. Inception
33. 21 Jump Street

27 please?

Oh hey, I've already seen it (just don't own it) so here's my gif.

pktYoOT.gif

There's an issue where the gif doesn't loop for some reason, just refresh the page I guess? haha

B.O.O.M

One code per person:
1. Mad Max Fury Road
2. The Witch
3. Heat
4.The Terminator
5. From Russia With Love
8. Deadpool
9. Doctor Strange
10. Ghostbusters 1 & 2
11. The Princess Bride
12. A Monster Calls
13. La La Land
21 - 23. Mothra 1 - 3
24. The Nice Guys
25. Bad Boys
26. Bad Boys II
27. John Wick
28. Aliens and extras
29. Ant-Man
31. Inception
33. 21 Jump Street

I would absolutely love to watch Nice Guys. Haven't had the chance to catch it yet.

Am_I_Evil

One code per person:
1. Mad Max Fury Road
2. The Witch
3. Heat
4.The Terminator
5. From Russia With Love
8. Deadpool
9. Doctor Strange
10. Ghostbusters 1 & 2
11. The Princess Bride
12. A Monster Calls
13. La La Land
21 - 23. Mothra 1 - 3
24. The Nice Guys
25. Bad Boys
26. Bad Boys II
27. John Wick
28. Aliens and extras
29. Ant-Man
31. Inception
33. 21 Jump Street

Any chance i could get Doctor Strange?

Miker

One code per person:
1. Mad Max Fury Road
2. The Witch
3. Heat
4.The Terminator
5. From Russia With Love
8. Deadpool
9. Doctor Strange
10. Ghostbusters 1 & 2
11. The Princess Bride
12. A Monster Calls
13. La La Land
21 - 23. Mothra 1 - 3
24. The Nice Guys
25. Bad Boys
26. Bad Boys II
27. John Wick
28. Aliens and extras
29. Ant-Man
31. Inception
33. 21 Jump Street

EDIT: La La Land is taken already? How about John Wick?
tumblr_inline_nlk5uuG0uY1qcwncy.gif

One code per person:
1. Mad Max Fury Road
2. The Witch
3. Heat
4.The Terminator
5. From Russia With Love
8. Deadpool
9. Doctor Strange
10. Ghostbusters 1 & 2
11. The Princess Bride
12. A Monster Calls
13. La La Land
21 - 23. Mothra 1 - 3
24. The Nice Guys
25. Bad Boys
26. Bad Boys II
27. John Wick
28. Aliens and extras
29. Ant-Man
31. Inception
33. 21 Jump Street

vbAPQY6.gif

Arttemis

One code per person:
1. Mad Max Fury Road
2. The Witch
3. Heat
4.The Terminator
5. From Russia With Love
8. Deadpool
9. Doctor Strange
10. Ghostbusters 1 & 2
11. The Princess Bride
12. A Monster Calls
13. La La Land
21 - 23. Mothra 1 - 3
24. The Nice Guys
25. Bad Boys
26. Bad Boys II
27. John Wick
28. Aliens and extras
29. Ant-Man
31. Inception
33. 21 Jump Street
tumblr_olty8mnnuD1qewsw4o1_500.gif

My girlfriend hasn't seen Doctor Strange yet, so I'd hope that counts!

One code per person:
1. Mad Max Fury Road
2. The Witch
3. Heat
4.The Terminator
5. From Russia With Love
8. Deadpool
9. Doctor Strange
10. Ghostbusters 1 & 2
11. The Princess Bride
12. A Monster Calls
13. La La Land
21 - 23. Mothra 1 - 3
24. The Nice Guys
25. Bad Boys
26. Bad Boys II
27. John Wick
28. Aliens and extras
29. Ant-Man
31. Inception
33. 21 Jump Street

Mcwsvyd.gif

One code per person:
1. Mad Max Fury Road
2. The Witch
3. Heat
4.The Terminator
5. From Russia With Love
8. Deadpool
9. Doctor Strange
10. Ghostbusters 1 & 2
11. The Princess Bride
12. A Monster Calls
13. La La Land
21 - 23. Mothra 1 - 3
24. The Nice Guys
25. Bad Boys
26. Bad Boys II
27. John Wick
28. Aliens and extras
29. Ant-Man
31. Inception
33. 21 Jump Street

Haven't seen Ant Man.

One code per person:
1. Mad Max Fury Road
2. The Witch
3. Heat
4.The Terminator
5. From Russia With Love
8. Deadpool
9. Doctor Strange
10. Ghostbusters 1 & 2
11. The Princess Bride
12. A Monster Calls
13. La La Land
21 - 23. Mothra 1 - 3
24. The Nice Guys
25. Bad Boys
26. Bad Boys II
27. John Wick
28. Aliens and extras
29. Ant-Man
31. Inception
33. 21 Jump Street

I haven't seen any of the later Fast and Furious movies, so what the hell, sure, Fast 5 or 6 or 7, whichever others might not need. This is cool, btw; you're doing a lot of work to get people movies.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom