• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The I bought the DVD/Blu-Ray and don't want the digital version give away thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
nrPWUrC.png

It's a awful entry but better than no entry, don't think this ever got made into a movie so i'm showcasing my awesome paint skills with it:

"When the evil queen Gargantua strikes only one trio can save us, the Battletoads! Starring Rash, Zitz, and Pimple, I mean come on Zit with a z, what's cooler!
It's like TMNT in space! Based off the popular video game from the developers who brought you Sabre Wulf and Knight Lore, call your local gamestop to buy the original video game!"

Arttemis

jTPcxU7.png

This took an embarrassingly long time to make, and it's not entirely original, but it's one of the most vivid childhood nightmare I had. Essentially, what if Batman (from The Animated Series) was bad? That horrified me as a child. Just the thought of a world of eternal night in Gotham where bad Batman could be hiding around every corner. Batman TAS was THE best thing on television growing up, and watching the Burton Bats in two films, he was easily solidified as the most badass person around. Putting myself in the shoes of a criminal in Gotham was scary enough to make me fear the thought of Bruce Wayne turning evil.

This entry is essentially a poster of Batman... and it looks like regular Batman... but he's evil and horrifying, and nightmare inducing.

Thanks PSY • S for Crimson Peak ;-; it's one of my favourite movies.

I'll def check my (limited) bluray collection and see if there's anything I can share back to the community!

Ran rp

Caddywompus, sableholic, and Arttemis are the winners of the Drawing Contest. You guys are the only ones who can enter the Drawing Raffle. Congrats, and good job for putting in the effort. I'm going to start the Drawing Raffle in a few minutes, so watch this thread. It'll end in 3 hours but if you're all here and ready I can skip it and do a 15 minute raffle.

Thanks PSY • S for Crimson Peak ;-; it's one of my favourite movies.

I'll def check my (limited) bluray collection and see if there's anything I can share back to the community!

No problem! Glad you won one of your favorites.

Arttemis

PSY・S;234603039 said:
Caddywompus, sableholic, and Arttemis are the winners of the Drawing Contest. You guys are the only ones who can enter the Drawing Raffle. Congrats, and good job for putting in the effort. I'm going to start the Drawing Raffle in a few minutes, so watch this thread. It'll end in 3 hours but if you're all here and ready I can skip it and do a 15 minute raffle.

Cool beans! I'm in for Mad Max!

PSY・S;234603039 said:

Thanks man! Also thanks for Big Hero 6! Are you just saying the codes will show up and we pm modbot like usual or sorry just was confused on next steps

Syriel

PSY・S;234603039 said:

Don't even bother with a raffle.

Just rank them in top three.

Let #1 pick, then #2 pick, then #3 pick.

Easier than doing Modbot for this. ;)

Thanks man! Also thanks for Big Hero 6

Big Hero 6 comes with an AMAZING short, Feast.

I don't care if you're a dog lover or not. That short is a love letter to all the dogs out there.

Don't skip it. WATCH FEAST.

Ran rp

Don't even bother with a raffle.

Just rank them in top three.

Let #1 pick, then #2 pick, then #3 pick.

Easier than doing Modbot for this. ;)

Caddywompus, sableholic, and Arttemis, what's your top pick? If there aren't any conflicts I'll give it to you then do a short raffle for the last two. Still gotta get rid of those. If there's a conflict, I'll rank. Actually, that wasn't in the rules so it wouldn't be fair. If there's a conflict, it's back to a free-for-all raffle between the three of you.

edit: YES, DON'T SKIP FEAST.

Thanks man! Also thanks for Big Hero 6! Are you just saying the codes will show up and we pm modbot like usual or sorry just was confused on next steps

For the Regular Raffle? ModBot should PM you with a real key. I haven't started the Drawing Raffle yet.

Syriel

Thanks for Schindler's List Psy! :)

Is there a consensus which UV retailer is best? I don't have an account yet.

Vudu has the best interface for playback and library browsing. Plus it is also the only UV retailer that supports DMA.

I would suggest creating both Vudu and Flixster Video accounts. Both will link to the same UV account, and you'll have the option of using both.

Flixster is also supported outside the US, so a good option to have when traveling.

Vudu has the best interface for playback and library browsing. Plus it is also the only UV retailer that supports DMA.

I would suggest creating both Vudu and Flixster Video accounts. Both will link to the same UV account, and you'll have the option of using both.

Flixster is also supported outside the US, so a good option to have when traveling.

Thanks for the tip.

Redeemed the code. So thanks again Psy. :)

PSY・S;234604891 said:
Caddywompus, sableholic, and Arttemis, what's your top pick? If there aren't any conflicts I'll give it to you then do a short raffle for the last two. Still gotta get rid of those. If there's a conflict, I'll rank.

edit: YES, DON'T SKIP FEAST.

For the Regular Raffle? ModBot should PM you with a real key. I haven't started the Drawing Raffle yet.

Sorry meant for the drawing one. As far as top pick probably Inside Out. I'll check out FEAST, I've seen Big Hero 6 but I think I skipped FEAST when I watched it originally?

PSY・S;234604891 said:
Caddywompus, sableholic, and Arttemis, what's your top pick? If there aren't any conflicts I'll give it to you then do a short raffle for the last two. Still gotta get rid of those. If there's a conflict, I'll rank. Actually, that wasn't in the rules so it wouldn't be fair. If there's a conflict, it's back to a free-for-all raffle between the three of you.

I own everything but Leon so... that's my pick. I also won Dope so I've gotten more than enough freebies from you PSY・S thanks so much. So the other two can split the Disney titles or if you want to give the community another chance at the leftovers it's up to you. Thanks again

Ran rp

Cool beans! I'm in for Mad Max!

As far as top pick probably Inside Out. I'll check out FEAST, I've seen Big Hero 6 but I think I skipped FEAST when I watched it originally?

I own everything but Leon so... that's my pick.

PM'd

I also won Dope so I've gotten more than enough freebies from you PSY・S thanks so much. So the other two can split the Disney titles or if you want to give the community another chance at the leftovers it's up to you. Thanks again

Arttemis and sableholic, you guys still want The Force Awakens and Zootopia?

PSY・S;234615977 said:
PM'd

I have force, but would take zootopia if arttemis didn't want it.
I'm also ok with it going into a new modbot raffle, whatever works for you.

Thanks so much for inside out! And for doing the awesome raffle in general

Arttemis

PSY・S;234615977 said:
PM'd

Thanks a ton!!

I'm with Sable. I already bought Force Awakens and would like Zootopia, but wouldn't object if you wanted to raffle it away, too.

Syriel

Since everyone already has TFA, I'd be happy to take the code for the DMA points.

Get me that much closer to another freebie. :)

rjinaz

If you use the code on vudu, the point won't transfer so one of you gets the movie and the other the points. You both win.

Ran rp

I have force, but would take zootopia if arttemis didn't want it.
I'm also ok with it going into a new modbot raffle, whatever works for you.

Thanks so much for inside out! And for doing the awesome raffle in general

Thanks a ton!!

I'm with Sable. I already bought Force Awakens and would like Zootopia, but wouldn't object if you wanted to raffle it away, too.

Since it's just one key I used a name picker and Arttemis won.

If PSY is cool with it, I can pull the DMA points off it and then forward the movie redemption part to you.

I'm fine with that.

PM'd Syriel.

You're welcome, everyone!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Check your PMs.

And thanks again to PSY for all the movies he handed out to everyone.

Thanks both of you!

I actually haven't redeemed a code on Google Play before... I assume it's similar to an iTunes code, where it's locked to the account? Or is there a way to connect the account to VUDU?

Syriel

Syriel, how many people are you sharing your account with? *hint* ;)

Don't share my DMA account. Doesn't make sense as you never know when one store is going to have a deal. By linking across all of them you can take advantage of the lowest pricing for movies that don't have codes.

For example, Star Wars movies are currently on sale on Xbox for $13.99, but are $14.99 on Google Play.

Someone who shares a DMA account is stuck buying from one storefront, whereas I can buy from any of them with no issue. Amazon Prime slow shipping credits also work on digital movies, so that's another way to get movies cheap.

If you do want to share movies, that can be done officially with Vudu, but only works with UV films. Sharing doesn't work with non-UV titles, IIRC.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 movies. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the movie you want. (if you include more than one movie, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FreshCakes, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim movies you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim movies to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple movies on the list below. Send an individual PM for each movie you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any movies not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Arrival -- MB-D9432314A343EC7B - Taken by ThePackman. 31 entrants total.
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes -- MB-58EB5108E948A119
La La Land -- MB-7067F18F022CF934
Looper -- MB-AB2B624D82741A41
Manchester by the Sea -- MB-46C7CC44D670964D
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol -- MB-4377FBECEAB90580
No Country for Old Men -- MB-9E151D743F98A64B
Nocturnal Animals -- MB-A015897DA5B6DEA7

t1493265708z1.png

Ordered the La La Land steelbook from Best Buy for the superior cover though I did also purchase the 3-disc version from Target.

So offering up my extra US code to whomever wants it, just PM me.

Thanks!

EDIT: Code gone to j_k_redtail!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 movies. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the movie you want. (if you include more than one movie, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FreshCakes, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim movies you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim movies to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple movies on the list below. Send an individual PM for each movie you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any movies not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Arrival -- MB-D9432314A343EC7B - Taken by ThePackman. 31 entrants total.
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes -- MB-58EB5108E948A119
La La Land -- MB-7067F18F022CF934
Looper -- MB-AB2B624D82741A41
Manchester by the Sea -- MB-46C7CC44D670964D
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol -- MB-4377FBECEAB90580
No Country for Old Men -- MB-9E151D743F98A64B
Nocturnal Animals -- MB-A015897DA5B6DEA7

t1493265708z1.png

Thanks! I hope i win this time ! :D

kennah

It's it right that you can use YouTube to watch Play rentals? So I could use my Xbox?

Yep, as long as you can log in to your account. It would show up under your Purchases in My Videos or whatever. It's a great work around for watching Google Play stuff on an AppleTV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom