• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The I bought the DVD/Blu-Ray and don't want the digital version give away thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Bigzgod won two of the Harry Potter movies... Hoping I still will win that MI:II after all! :p

Edit : and Gnomed won 2 movies, as well.

It looks like the codes for Jurassic World and The Lost World: Jurassic Park were messed up on the code sheet that came with my Jurassic Park Collection box set.

Lost World was Jurassic World, and Jurassic World was Jurassic Park III.

Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park III were the appropriate codes, though...which means that there were two Jurassic Park III codes. Sorry about that!

Thanks for Goblet of Fire. myuv.com/redeem isn't recognizing the code, though. Is there another link on the pamphlet?

It says http://wb.com/redeemdigital ...which appears to just link to the same place you mentioned. Sorry about that. Any other places you can try? I'm not very familiar with redeeming digital codes. Edit: I'll PM you a picture of the code sheet in case I mistyped the code. Edit2: Looks like that worked for him.

I won Jurassic World, but got a code for Jurassic III.
but I didn't have J3, and JWorld was already given away in the thread, so now I'm the proud winner of Jurassic Park III. (I entered for both anyway)

Thanks KDash.

It looks like no one's taken Mission: Impossible 2 yet. This is the second time I've tried giving it away, but still no takers. Hah.

I won Jurassic World, but got a code for Jurassic III.
but I didn't have J3, and JWorld was already given away in the thread, so now I'm the proud winner of Jurassic Park III. (I entered for both anyway)

Thanks KDash.
Thanks to KDash and PSY for the codes! Just got back and saw I won.

Awesome!
Thanks KDash! Cumberbacth is quite fun to watch. I'll check it out this week.
Thanks Kdash appreciate the generosity
You're all welcome! Enjoy the movies!

Yeah, Modbot tries to keep things as fair as possible. I could be wrong, but I don't think you'll ever see a single Modbot giveaway where one person wins multiple keys.
Well the last giveaway Clockblockers and bigzgod won two each so I don't know why AlteredBeast shouldn't have won MI 2 if he was the only entrant

I sent ModBot multiple entrants on MI:2! I would be glad to try it!

I entered and won MI:2 after the deadline so unless there's more interest in MI:2 I'm just going to PM it too AlteredBeast.

The previous time didn't use ModBot, I just asked people to ask me what they wanted through PM's.

Ah, okay well AB seems to be the only one who didn't get the MI movies free from Paramount so the burden is gone

If anyone wants to try they can have it. I never used it. I probably have a bunch of movies with expired codes.

Never hurts to try. A couple pages back there's talk about how to check old codes, so if they don't work no big deal they were free to begin with.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
No problem either way, but I only entered once. After the time ended by about a half hour or so, i sent another ModBot message for MI:2,thinking that maybe my first didn't go through.

Weird that mine never counted in the first place. If you don't want the movie, I would be glad to take it, as it has been several years since I have seen it and was weirdly excited to do so, but you won it fair and square after the fact. I think ModBot has it out for me, personally. This isn't the first time I was the only entrant on a giveaway and still didn't get it, lol.

I already sent you a PM, I got this from Paramount free a long time ago and I'm sure that's why it's been so hard for KDash to get rid of the film.

krae_man

Alright, went through my movies again and I found 10 codes.

They may be expired or used already since I buy some movies used and don't remember which I bought new and which I bought used.

PM me a top 3. First come first serve basis.

Total Recall(non zee you at tah pah tea Richtah version) UV
The Revenant UV
Battlestar Balactica Blood and Chrome (from a UK disk) UV
Neighbors 2 iTunes or UV
Jason Bourne iTunes or UV
Xmen Days of Future Past iTunes or UV Canada Only
American Hustle iTunes Canada only
Daddy's Home iTunes or UV
Furious 7 iTunes or UV
Oblibion iTunes or UV

I'm Canadian so codes might be Canada only(except for Blood and Chrome as noted)

rjinaz

They may be expired or used already since I buy some movies used and don't remember which I bought new and which I bought used.

The Revenant UV
Neighbors 2 iTunes or UV
Xmen Days of Future Past iTunes or UV
American Hustle iTunes
Furious 8 iTunes or UV
Oblibion iTunes or UV

I'm Canadian so codes might be Canada only(except for Blood and Chrome as noted)

Xmen please?

kennah

The Revenant UV
Neighbors 2 iTunes or UV
Xmen Days of Future Past iTunes or UV
American Hustle iTunes
Furious 7 iTunes or UV
Oblibion iTunes or UV

Hey I'd like Bourne!

I already sent you a PM, I got this from Paramount free a long time ago and I'm sure that's why it's been so hard for KDash to get rid of the film.
Well, that explains a lot. Hah.
Also: Funny enough, that Mission Impossible 2 code won't work. Lol just my luck! :p
I'll send a picture of the code sheet. It seems I mistyped some other codes earlier. Hopefully this is the same case and it'll work. The other Mission: Impossible codes that I gave out before all worked.

rjinaz

Xmen code was for a different region so I can't use it, thanks though poster! My fault for not paying attention it seems in my rush for the code.

Still available.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

The Revenant UV
Neighbors 2 iTunes or UV
American Hustle iTunes
Furious 7 iTunes or UV
Oblibion iTunes or UV

Revenant?

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Well, that explains a lot. Hah.

I'll send a picture of the code sheet. It seems I mistyped some other codes earlier. Hopefully this is the same case and it'll work. The other Mission: Impossible codes that I gave out before all worked.

The picture worked! Thanks for the help and extra help everyone, and especially you, KDash!

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
American Hustle being iTunes only was something that I missed. I could redeem it fine but it would go to waste in my collection, since I rarely ever boot up itunes. So, it is back up for grabs for anyone capable of redeeming a Canadian iTunes copy.

DOWN

Banned
American Hustle being iTunes only was something that I missed. I could redeem it fine but it would go to waste in my collection, since I rarely ever boot up itunes. So, it is back up for grabs for anyone capable of redeeming a Canadian iTunes copy.
I'll try it

Vinc

The Revenant UV
Neighbors 2 iTunes or UV
Furious 7 iTunes or UV
Oblibion iTunes or UV

If Xmen is still available, I'd love that one!

The Revenant UV
Neighbors 2 iTunes or UV
Furious 7 iTunes or UV
Oblibion iTunes or UV

Could I take Battlestar? Thanks

Ran rp

reputin

It doesn't look like ModBot supports a whitelist, so I'm going to have to ask you guys to please be respectful and DO NOT ENTER the Drawing Raffle if I don't select you as a Drawing Contest winner. I'm going to give ModBot temporary fake keys, and I will PM the winners with the actual keys, so please do not enter if I didn't select you.

DRAWING CONTEST!

In addition to the Regular Raffle I'm doing a special Drawing Contest and Drawing Raffle. There are multiple ways to enter and win in the contest. A win will earn you entry into the Drawing Raffle. The Drawing Raffle will have a smaller pool of players, increasing your chances of winning a code.

Drawing Raffle Prize Pool:
Inside Out (Disney + DMR points)
Leon the Professional (UV)
Mad Max Fury Road (UV)
Star Wars The Force Awakens (Disney + DMR points)
Zootopia (Disney + DMR points)

UV codes have been verified at https://www.myuv.com/redeem

How to enter:

Pick one or more of the entry methods below. Give your post a title matching the method chosen, so if you're drawing a film poster put "DC3" in your post's title. You can enter as many ways and as many times as you want. You can draw with any tools that work for you, but DC4 might be hard to do with traditional pen and paper. Submissions will be judged on creativity, earnestness, humor etc. Everyone has a fair chance of winning, just have fun. One entry per post.

DC1. Draw a scene that would appear in your "ultimate dream film" not based on an existing property. Give a short description of the film, the relevant character(s), and what is happening in the scene. Three winners.

DC2. Draw a scene from an imaginary film based on one of your childhood nightmares. Give a short description of the film, the relevant character(s), and what is happening in the scene. Three winners.

DC3. Draw a film poster based on one or more of your favorite characters not currently in a film. The character(s) can be from anything including toys, mascots, myths, original characters etc. Give a short description of the film and the relevant character(s). Three winners.

DC4. Too Many Cooks - Edit the scene worked on by a previous doodler. The first two people to do DC4 get to draw a scene based on anything they want, as long as it's original. In following submissions you must remove and/or add up to two things from the scene. So you might want to erase someone's arms and replace them with inflatable tube men, or delete one character's girlfriend and replace her with Richard Nixon. Pairs or small groups of things like arms will count as one addition or removal. If there are multiple branches of scenes posted before you, you can choose any one to continue from. You cannot submit a new edit of your own entry, wait for someone else to submit something. Everyone should give a short description of what's happening in the remixed scene, as if it were always that way. The description can be an edit of the previous entry's. Three winners chosen based on my single favorite edits or consistently good edits.

Drawing Contest ends when the Regular Raffle ends! I'll announce the winners of the Drawing Contest then start the Drawing Raffle. Those of you in the Drawing Raffle will be able to shoot for as many films as you want. Everyone participating in the Drawing Contest and Drawing Raffle can enter the Regular Raffle as well. Have fun!

t1493058458z1.png

Regular Raffle

UV codes have been verified at https://www.myuv.com/redeem

Chi-Raq, Crimson Peak, and Dope are (UV). Forgot to label them.

UV Codes can all be redeemed (and checked for validity) here:
https://www.myuv.com/redeem

You can also check the validity of a UV code by entering it on the myuv site without confirming the redemption.

This is because myuv.com is the official UV backend, but not an actual storefront. When you go through the redemption process, it will direct you to a compatible storefront for redemption (like Vudu).

There are a handful of exceptions to this (some Lionsgate titles require you to specifically go through the Lionsgate portal), but it otherwise works for nearly all UV films.

Disney Movie Codes (points + movie) can be redeemed here:
https://redeemdigitalmovie.com/

That will let you select your chosen provider, or you can redeem direct through Disney.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 film keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the film you want. (if you include more than one film, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689533.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim films you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim films to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple films on the list below. Send an individual PM for each film you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any films not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Big Hero 6 (Disney Plus DMR points) -- MB-5511A8447C26B37A - Taken by sableholic. 11 entrants total.
Chi-Raq -- MB-ADFE2298408A90A4 - Taken by Stanng243. 3 entrants total.
Crimson Peak -- MB-DA5FEDB5266EF720 - Taken by Garrett Hawke. 7 entrants total.
Dope -- MB-9C680CADD1D597B6 - Taken by Caddywompus. 5 entrants total.
Me Earl and the Dying Girl (UV) -- MB-A3DD86CB7B825BF3 - Taken by AlteredBeast. 6 entrants total.
Schindler's List (UV) -- MB-8D968159FCF174DD - Taken by FliXFantatier. 7 entrants total.
Straight Outta Compton (UV) -- MB-853EE89CAE35D4DC - Taken by Baron von Loathsome. 6 entrants total.
World of Kanako (Drafthouse digital copy) -- MB-F26810F524B27006 - Taken by Kaizu. 1 entrants total.

t1493058458z1.png

3oaASka.jpg

From the company that single handedly brought back Mulan Szechwan Dipping Sauce, fuck you Disney you had no plans to bring it back for live action Mulan NO plans at all, comes the movie manifested into reality from another dimension. The second dimension. Starting real life brothers Marky Mark and Big D Walhberg, yeah like we care about white washing, we just want dat Bayformers money. China you like you like explosions because these two white boys have it spades. There's shit in here for everyone. Internet Nerds? You like cats? We got some freaky claw your face off cats that will have you running home to your mama's basement. Hamilton Lovers? We got some classy Opera singers up in hur. Republicans? Yeah well there's some illegal Alien Mexicans featured in this movie so you might want to skip this one. But hey Vegetarians we got you covered, ever hear of a film call Attack of the Killer Tomatoes? Good cause due to copyright laws neither have we. This Summer comes the true story we made up of two brothers that have nothing to do with comic books or toys from the 80's. It's Two Brothers: it's just called two brothers The Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom