• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Insert Credit Podcast is a thing, a lovely, lovely thing.

Rufus

Empty

this podcast rocks. it's stupid and funny and smart. also the structure is amazing if you're like me and listen to podcasts at night while falling asleep.

Empty

gonna double post just for you rufus. new episode!

Whether you’re a fourth place television network, a Kotaku-featured cosplayer, or just plain hate yourself and love to be reminded of that by your games, you can’t stop QWOP! Bennett Foddy, creator of this breakout indie darling (as well as a host of other equally fascinating games) joins Franny, Timitha, and Brandonia for some jangly-legged discussion of:

1. Getting people back into arcades
2. A, AA, and AAAA titles
3. When DLC is worth buying
4. The best underwater segments
5. Awaiting the Alan Moore of video games
6. Air-dropping handheld game systems to everyone on Earth
7. The Nintendoland Theme Park Resort
8. Capcom vs. . . ?
9. Explaining QWOP to your mom
10. A listener question from my sister Maya!

http://insertcredit.com/2012/10/05/...ast-episode-14-train-hard-with-bennett-foddy/

nny

I like the format of this podcast a lot. Some questions are really funny and I like that it doesn't drag on any specific topic. Sometimes I'd wish some topics had a bit more time, but those are the rules! Also, the rush to say something while there's still time can bring up some very funny/stupid comments.

Uh, is anyone else getting a "reported attack page" warning when trying to go to the website?
Yeah, this has been happening for months. Tim Rogers and co. finally managed to fix whatever was causing that problem for Action Button, but it's still an issue with Insert Credit.

Struct09

who came up with the retarded idea of having an ear sabotaging sound whenever they change subject?

Sounded interesting until I read this :-/ Things like that can utterly ruin my enjoyment of podcasts - such as the frequent eating that took place on GeekBox.

I'll still probably give this one a shot at least.

Rufus

Sounded interesting until I read this :-/ Things like that can utterly ruin my enjoyment of podcasts - such as the frequent eating that took place on GeekBox.

I'll still probably give this one a shot at least.
The noise was worse in the beginning and isn't as ear splitting if you listen at moderate volumes. If you're trying to drown out the chatter on public transport through cranked ear buds though, then it's going to be a problem. But hey, you shouldn't be doing that anyway. The occasional echo or stutter is going to hurt you more.

That said: worth it. The most recent episode has Bennet Foddy on it. He made QWOP and GIRP. Interesting person. And Tim Rodgers struck comedy gold on the topic of what his mother thinks of him, too.

i use my phone speakers at medium volume. So not very loud, albeit in a quiet place. But its really fucking annoying.

I honestly cant listen to it. And the fact that they have not done anything, even though people have noted. tells me they wont do shit about it. so not worth it.

Rufus

Rufus

Ain't no thing. Copy, paste.

I wish the guys would iron out the audio problems and fix the attack site warning on Firefox, but hey... I'm helping, forcing these words into people's mouths until then.

Rufus

the insert credit podcast, episode 16 – jump on the giant chicken

1. Christian Nutt’s homework
2.Regional Lockout
3. Interior decorating tips
4. Halo 4 spoilers
5. Games to pack in with Windows 8
6. What the Dead or Alive fans want
7. X-COM: Enemy Unknown being a pretty neat game
8. The best mounted weapon in a video game (aka, more Warthog praise)
9. Saving you money on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
10. Insert Credit’s Official Endorsement for the United States Presidential Election

Guest: Gamasutra EIC, Kris Graft (i.e. Frank's and Brandon's boss.) Also, the attack site warning on Firefox is gone, yay.

GhaleonQ

the insert credit podcast, episode 16 – jump on the giant chicken

Guest: Gamasutra EIC, Kris Graft (i.e. Frank's and Brandon's boss.) Also, the attack site warning on Firefox is gone, yay.

I really liked this one, even if the choices for homework pained me. Space Quest I: The Sarien Encounter and Panzer Dragoon Orta together encompass 75% of what I love about video games.

The arguments are also more coherent than they used to be, even if they remain horrendous at the Action Button Review segment.

GorillaJu

Thanks for the link and rec. Always been a fan of Tim Rogers. Regardless of what you think of him he always makes it interesting to me.

Really been enjoying this podcast and I've been catching up since the weekend. Tim Rogers sounding so much like an abrasive Phil Theobald is off-putting though, lol.

Rufus

He does seem self-aware at least, even though it may come late (re: telling people to shut up and shouting as unprofessional behaviour, haha).

Rufus

the insert credit podcast, episode 18 – gamesptoptp

1. Sanford and Son on the PlayStation Vita
2. Polygon’s search for an identity
3. Preorder bonuses and collector’s editions
4. Surviving the Devil
5. Explaining Dishonored to your mom
6. Disney’s LucasArts buyout (LucasArts’ Disney buyout? One of those)
7. Spoiler-free Portal 3 predictions
8. Square Enix charging us like 15 bucks for mobile games
9. The P.T. Barnum of video games
10. Owning a GameCube

GhaleonQ

I'mma start face-punching if they go semiweekly. I'm still very much enjoying shows, and it's definitely continued to improve.

Rufus

Indeed. Here's the next one.

the insert credit podcast, episode 22 – i, gradius

1. Brandon’s homework assignment
2. Fighting game spinoffs
3. Using the GPS in smartphone games
4. Rail shooters
5. Redrafting ESRB policy
6. Acceptable circumstances in which to use the word “epic”
7. Jobs which prepare you for game design
8. How the impending Mayan apocalypse will affect the video game industry
9. Exceptional minigames
10. Minesweeper, reimagined as a Tetsuya Nomura project

It sounded like he was ill and/or drunk.

Also, is something up with episode 22? It only dls or plays like 5 seconds for me.

I think they're re-uploading it later because the lightning round background audio was mixed so high that it was difficult to hear the speakers.

GhaleonQ

I just want Jordan Morris as a permanent chair. *sad face* I'm here for the PERSONALITIES, not the well-timed Panzer Dragoon references.

Rufus

I'm open to anybody who can provide a counterweight for Tim. I think I'm a fairly patient and tolerant person when it comes to other people's foibles, but even I think he could stand to tone it down a bit.

I'm open to anybody who can provide a counterweight for Tim. I think I'm a fairly patient and tolerant person when it comes to other people's foibles, but even I think he could stand to tone it down a bit.

As someone who actually likes Tim, I can't help but agree. He dominates almost every discussion, and that really annoyed me when they had the excellent Justin McElroy on as a guest, as I really wanted to hear what his thoughts were

Top Bottom