• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming |Thread4| NOT Doomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Casual smasual

bg2.jpg

It took a while, but now it's running great

GemRB for any of those interested.

whhhhaaa

GeekyDad

Have you guys heard about this game:

It's called Waking Mars, and it's by Tiger Style games, the creators of what I considered still the greatest iOS game (Spider The Secret of Bryce Manor).

It looks like another atmospheric/story driven game kinda like Metroid where you are exploring an alien planet and trying to collect plants. There's obviously going to be more than that just like in Spider.

I can't freaking wait for this thing. The industry needs to keep an eye on this developer. Spider rocked so much.

Looks a little like Dark Void (DSiWare), with more of a focus on adventure than action. Here's some video footage.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
It keeps telling me GemRB can't install in iTunes when I try to sync...

Those posts sold me on Run Roo Run, so good job. Having finished the first two chapters though, I don't see how it even begins to touch Cut the Rope.

The first levels are extremely basic. It gets better with the more interesting mechanics introduced later.

I am liking the rumors on iPad 3 right now, quad core, double the res screen, don't care if it's a little thicker then ipad 2 it will still be damn slim and nice.

Also ipad 2's will still be made and lower in price, makes it a really good tablet deal.

Of course these are still rumors but man if they are real...

Have you guys heard about this game:

tumblr_ly49cxLbh91qzuex9o1_r1_500.png

It's called Waking Mars, and it's by Tiger Style games, the creators of what I considered still the greatest iOS game (Spider The Secret of Bryce Manor).

It looks like another atmospheric/story driven game kinda like Metroid where you are exploring an alien planet and trying to collect plants. There's obviously going to be more than that just like in Spider.

I can't freaking wait for this thing. The industry needs to keep an eye on this developer. Spider rocked so much.

Looks really good

I am liking the rumors on iPad 3 right now, quad core, double the res screen, don't care if it's a little thicker then ipad 2 it will still be damn slim and nice.

Also ipad 2's will still be made and lower in price, makes it a really good tablet deal.

Of course these are still rumors but man if they are real...

Yup, keeping iPad 2 for around for one more round will be nice, if that turns out. It still is a fantastic device even at this point in its product cycle.

So with Mage Gauntlet kicking my butt, I decided to try out Rimelands: Hammer of Thor. And I obviously had a different idea of what this game was going to be. I thought it would play more like Dungeon Hunter. I thought the graphics were meh and the gameplay, not being what I expected, threw me off. I deleted it before finishing the tutorial.

So.... Aralon or Avadon up next, but I might try to push thru Mage Gauntlet first.

GeekyDad

So with Mage Gauntlet kicking my butt, I decided to try out Rimelands: Hammer of Thor. And I obviously had a different idea of what this game was going to be. I thought it would play more like Dungeon Hunter. I thought the graphics were meh and the gameplay, not being what I expected, threw me off. I deleted it before finishing the tutorial.

So.... Aralon or Avadon up next, but I might try to push thru Mage Gauntlet first.

That's a shame. It's got a very cool battle system. The dungeons are definitely reminiscent of Diablo, but yeah, it's basically a rogue-like of sorts. It also has some cool adventure elements, albeit lite, but more than what you find is most iOS RPGs, I think.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
OMFG. BG series on iOS?
I know that the FAQ says it's completable, but is it truly playable?
On an iPhone 4S, in any event? No iPad here.

I may have to play with this tonight.
Getting Complete Ultima VII working on my homebrewed PSP a few years ago was HUUUUUUUGE!

Animatik

Neo Member
Took my free weekend time to go ahead and finish up Run Roo Run got to say it's one of my favorite iphone games. There was a certain charm about the game that just made me want to play all the way through it unlike cut the rope, angry birds type games were i would just play them a few times and just drop them all together. Though the difficulty was more on the easy side it think it was just right, every time I played a session I was making good progress with minimal trial and error grind. Going to tackle getting better time on all the chapters on the side and just saw that there will be weekly levels updates which is awesome.

Alex

Just found some older news that I don't think was discussed here. Corpse Party, a visual novel/adventure, is coming to iOS. It was released on the PSP back in November, I think. It's been on PC and one other platform in the 90's.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/30/corpse-party-repeats-fear-on-iphone/

Hopefully it gets translated into English.

Hopefully it's the PSP version and not the PC version, I can't imagine that game without the fifth chapter.

Love me some Corpse Party though, probably the best horror game ever made for my tastes. Really good, psychological fare that whittled at your soul as opposed to jump scares and other cheap nonsense. Despite it's goofy animu and occasional...quirk, it's just a really nice game, especially considering it's ultimately a spruce up of a 90s PC Japanese indie game :lol

AcciDante

God damnit. I was well past my Super Crate Box score and everything was going perfect. Then I paused it and went to do something, came back and the game crashed. COME ON!

Hopefully it's the PSP version and not the PC version, I can't imagine that game without the fifth chapter.

Love me some Corpse Party though, probably the best horror game ever made for my tastes. Really good, psychological fare that whittled at your soul as opposed to jump scares and other cheap nonsense. Despite it's goofy animu and occasional...quirk, it's just a really nice game, especially considering it's ultimately a spruce up of a 90s PC Japanese indie game :lol

I've been meaning to get it on PSP but now that it's coming out on iOS platforms I'll hold off in hopes of a translation.

Do you know when this is coming out? looks mighty fine!

People were talking on Touch Arcade forums that it'll be next week but that's not definite.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Order Up is pretty darn fun... and free. The freemium model isn't super restrictive, so far.

Nori Chan

Who do we PM to get on the GC list since the OP is banned? Would love to see gaffers show up on my temple run. I just hit 2 million today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom