• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming |Thread4| NOT Doomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Audio is on mute when I played it, it's so bad I thought I had a problem with my iPhone

I love the art design and the way it controlled was just so responsive, hope you enjoy it

For a buck, I can't complain. :)

I'd recommend it to people.

Looking for some achievement help in the first Bug Princess:

Don't Bomb... - What happens when you wake up the giant Stage 3 boss?

Break It Down - Destroy all parts of the Stage 3 boss.

I thought I fulfilled the requirements but apparently not.

InertiaXr

Been playing Dice Soccer the past week or so, but time to delete it. Ended up stuck on game 1 of tournament 2 in season 2, played it over 20 times and still only ever ended with a 1:1 draw. Basically had a 1/3 chance to score 2-3 times a game and only did 5 times out of those 3*20 chances, but those 5 out of 20 games that i did manage to score the AI ended up going straight back down the field and scoring immediately. I don't know what kind of RNG that game uses, but it fucked me over so often for so long I just can't bother punishing myself with it anymore.

Has anybody played past that part, how many seasons does it end up going? Some of the later still locked for me players look like they have cool bonuses but as I said above it no fun getting to that point...

Been playing Dice Soccer the past week or so, but time to delete it. Ended up stuck on game 1 of tournament 2 in season 2, played it over 20 times and still only ever ended with a 1:1 draw. Basically had a 1/3 chance to score 2-3 times a game and only did 5 times out of those 3*20 chances, but those 5 out of 20 games that i did manage to score the AI ended up going straight back down the field and scoring immediately. I don't know what kind of RNG that game uses, but it fucked me over so often for so long I just can't bother punishing myself with it anymore.

Has anybody played past that part, how many seasons does it end up going? Some of the later still locked for me players look like they have cool bonuses but as I said above it no fun getting to that point...

There are 4 seasons, I believe. I managed to get past that point, but I find dice soccer is kinda like that- almost more like a puzzle game than anything else. You'll find a tea, composition tha works, coast for half a season or more, then hit a huge road block that makes you have to draw everything up from scratch again. It's the game's greatest flaw, though the game is still pretty good.

For where you are, I think I remember there being a really good team that focused around rolling 3s. IIRC I had 2 guys who got a doubles modifier wheneveqr they rolled 3s and one more guy who applied protection WTO the whole team when 3s were rolled. Try to unlock the non-player dude who unlocks after playing one multiplayer ,atch- he lets you get 3 rerolls if you roll below 10, which is absolutely killer for where you're at.

On a different note, has anyone here tried out the war for eustrath? It's drawn favorable comparisons to Fire Emblem and the production values look stellar, but it unfortunately lacks a demo.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm prolly late to the party for Terra Noctis, but I just love this little gem. 99 cents?! This game seems like it's worth so much more. :O

http://itunes.apple.com/en/app/terra-noctis/id479517015?mt=8

It seems sad that I'd tempted to buy an iPad and iCade for this over a PSVita right now.

Funnily enough, I busted this game out last night on my continued trawl thruough my backlog. I was shocked, it looked like crap on my iPad 2, like an iPhone game at 2x. I bet it would look super crappy on the new iPad too. Very blurry and muddy, not what I was expecting at all.

I played a level and was thoroughly bored by it. I get what the devs were going for but I didn't enjoy how they pulled it off at all.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
What're the new releases like this week anyway, anyone know? Gaming sites like TA are blocked at my office so I can't check. WHERE IS MY NEW CRACK???

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I need help GAF. I'm looking for a really fun and simple (esp. graphically) tower defense game. Specifically, a desktop tower defense game like this. I've Googled, looked up some of them last night and found that most are way too busy in their screen shots - as if there is too much on the screen.

I just want something where whatever you have to kill goes from A to B and I have to design the 'maze' with towers that they go through.

edit: Actually SG Tower Defence is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for albeit with shitty reviews so I'll give that one a shot. So now I guess is there anything like that?

Geodefense Swarm?

SteveWD40

What're the new releases like this week anyway, anyone know? Gaming sites like TA are blocked at my office so I can't check. WHERE IS MY NEW CRACK???

Nothing on TA front page yet, usually it's later on Wednesday as they are in the US iirc? Will update you as soon as this changes ;)

Minsc

Gold Member
I need help GAF. I'm looking for a really fun and simple (esp. graphically) tower defense game. Specifically, a desktop tower defense game like this. I've Googled, looked up some of them last night and found that most are way too busy in their screen shots - as if there is too much on the screen.

I just want something where whatever you have to kill goes from A to B and I have to design the 'maze' with towers that they go through.

edit: Actually SG Tower Defence is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for albeit with shitty reviews so I'll give that one a shot. So now I guess is there anything like that?

I find mazing to be so corny and tedious in TD games (let's make a big long path, close it on one end and make them all turn around, then close it on the other end, then close it on the first end, then close it on the other side, etc), so I avoid the big open field, make your own walls ones, I also feel there's only so much originality left in it (though I guess same could be argued for all TD). But the GeoDefense Swarm mentioned above might be a good choice as the traditional GeoDefense is always a favorite (though that's a follow the path TD), or maybe Spice Bandits or the original Field Runner game.

sladeums

New Revenous game Burger Cat will release. But everything I've seen points to their demographic skewing either very young or very casual.

Lock n Load looks like an Ikari Warriors style dss with a horror-ish theme and lots of blood. Visually looks good, its by Chillingo, but not my kinda game.

The only thing I've seen that looked a real buy candidate this week is McGuffins Curse.
Billed as a "Werewolf Comedy Puzzle Adventure" ... looks like some good writing and interesting styled storyboards, but gameplay is supposedly just block puzzles, so I dunno. It's also releasing On Steam today for PC/Mac.
D3qx3.png

Didn't notice a lot else. ... Anyone else got some ideas ?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Thanks McBacon! Lock and Load looks the only kinda-interesting-to-me game there, but I think I'll skip in it favour of continuing to clear out the ol' backlog.

I've been on freemyapps for awhile on iPhone now, and just picked up an iPad. Is there any way I can link the two accounts so I can do the iPad sponsor downloads as well, and get iPad gifts?

Flim Flam

Neo Member
Ug, does anyone who has played Descend RPG know how to use magic in this game? Ive picked up two scrolls and learned them, yet I can not figure out how to actually cast anything. The magic button is constantly grayed out!

numble

I've been on freemyapps for awhile on iPhone now, and just picked up an iPad. Is there any way I can link the two accounts so I can do the iPad sponsor downloads as well, and get iPad gifts?

You can only have 1 account on each device, and having 1 account on each is better anyway (Get 520 credits for 2 downloads of Zombie Jombie, etc.). You should "refer" your 2nd device, as well.

PittaGAF

I would like to share some love for Hero Mages, an incredibly polished and deep one man effort.

WEEoLKmzwcORo5z8ESVjOw-temp-upload.kdkrfxoz.640x960-75.jpg

http://appshopper.com/games/hero-mages

Bought it yesterday after trying it for free on the official website and loving it.

You can try it here for free:

http://www.heromages.com/

Async is coming next month, both versus and CO OP it seems (according to dev response in the TA thread)...can't wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aHgzajQcTnU#!

Personally I think that with Async and story bits ad hoc scenarios this game could be huge.

sladeums

I would like to share some love for Hero Mages, an incredibly polished and deep one man effort.

http://appshopper.com/games/hero-mages

Bought it yesterday after trying it for free on the official website and loving it.

You can try it here for free:

http://www.heromages.com/

Async is coming next month, both versus and CO OP it seems (according to dev response in the TA thread)...can't wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aHgzajQcTnU#!

Personally I think that with Async and story bits ad hoc scenarios this game could be huge.

He has a pretty good start with that.
I'm just hoping for a little more content (at not too steep a cost) to flesh it out.

Right now with just basically skirmishes I can't get too into it too much.
Dont care about mp really .. async or otherwise.
Would like a proper campaign ... but it sounded like maybe he wanted to hold that for a separate game. (?)

But the basis is certainly solid and I'm interested to see which direction he decides to go with it.

WoolyNinja

Anybody seen Sketch Nation Studio?
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sketch-nation-studio/id506337826?mt=8
http://www.hookshotinc.com/sketch-nation-studio-the-ios-game-making-ios-game/

You use it to make your own games and you can potentially sell them.

I've only had a brief mess around so I don't know how much I can do yet but it looks like an interesting idea.

Reading the * in the description - YOU don't actually get to sell you games you make with it. The developers of Sketch Nation Studio do (Engineous Games Inc.) and it's unclear if you'd get any of the money from sales.

Seems sketchy to me...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Anybody seen Sketch Nation Studio?
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sketch-nation-studio/id506337826?mt=8
http://www.hookshotinc.com/sketch-nation-studio-the-ios-game-making-ios-game/

You use it to make your own games and you can potentially sell them.

I've only had a brief mess around so I don't know how much I can do yet but it looks like an interesting idea.

So it's a tool to make one of five genres of free-runners with your own graphics and randomly generated levels?

Sketch Nation Studio currently supports five different genres: Up Jumping, Side Jumping, Down Jumping, Side Running and Side Flying.

Neat concept, but no thanks.

GeekyDad

Reading the * in the description - YOU don't actually get to sell you games you make with it. The developers of Sketch Nation Studio do (Engineous Games Inc.) and it's unclear if you'd get any of the money from sales.

Seems sketchy to me...

LOL Yeah...

Sounds like a tool to make them money without actually having to do much. Don't necessarily see it taking off, but it would be interesting to see this sort of idea evolve into something beneficial for both programmers and creative folk.

hammster

Archbishop of Canterburny

Seems sketchy to me...

From the Hookshot link I posted:
What is your elevator pitch for the tool?

In a nutshell, Sketch Nation Studio allows anyone, regardless of age or technical background to create a game from one’s drawings. You can draw on paper and take a picture of your drawings or draw in the in-app drawing tool. Once the game is uploaded to our servers, users can share it with their friends and the rest of the world. This is the only app that can give users the chance to have their own app in the App Store and earn money from it too. Sketch Nation Studio also has a built in social network with a constantly updated news feed, friends and world scores, art sharing and virtual currency to exchange art and download games.

But yeah, I wish there were more genres too (and supposedly they're working on them) but I think it's a cool idea and I'll be keep tabs on how it develops.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Anyone know of games that allow local play iPad vs. iPhone? I think some of the board games do but haven't tried.

Also, getting ready for an 11-hour flight. Good timesuck games for iPad? Got Waking Mars and Kingdom Rush yesterday and those seem great. Only thing I'm not a fan of is slow puzzlers.

Pastry

Banned
Anyone know of games that allow local play iPad vs. iPhone? I think some of the board games do but haven't tried.

Also, getting ready for an 11-hour flight. Good timesuck games for iPad? Got Waking Mars and Kingdom Rush yesterday and those seem great. Only thing I'm not a fan of is slow puzzlers.

Pretty sure the new Spelltower multiplayer allows for local play using any iOS devices.

Slacker

Ticket to Ride is my wife and I's go to game. Like the gentleman that I am, I let her have the iPad, while I use the iPhone. And you can use the iPad native version on the iPad (you don't have to use the pocket version in 2x mode). Works great. We play 1910 Mega games a few times a week.

Ticket to Ride is my wife and I's go to game. Like the gentleman that I am, I let her have the iPad, while I use the iPhone. And you can use the iPad native version on the iPad (you don't have to use the pocket version in 2x mode). Works great. We play 1910 Mega games a few times a week.

The pocket version's missing my fav mode, unfortunately...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Crow, the game talked about the past few pages, is now on sale for 2.99 instead of 4.99 already lol.

Hey is there a website/service like appshopper that keeps track of when IAP goes on sale? eg. OSU! tracks are currently on sale and Ive bought Jamie' Olivers recipes one time, when they all went on sale.

It would be great if anyone knows. I'd like to buy more of the jukebeat tracks but they're expensive :p

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hey is there a website/service like appshopper that keeps track of when IAP goes on sale? eg. OSU! tracks are currently on sale and Ive bought Jamie' Olivers recipes one time, when they all went on sale.

It would be great if anyone knows. I'd like to buy more of the jukebeat tracks but they're expensive :p

I don't think Jubeat/Jukebeat stuff has ever gone on sale. :( Which means I've spent a LOT of money on Jubeat packs, ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom