• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iPad Mini

Radec

8116888840_0b9d9e3d7f_o.jpg

Schlep

The screen may be a bit bigger than the Nexus 7, but it can't do 720p like the N7 and the internals seem to be worse. During the presentation, I was actually thinking about grabbing one if they announced $199 or maybe even $249. $329 is ridiculous.

VALIS

This mini tablet trend is entirely unappealing to me. Not small enough to carry on your person so what's the point? I'd much rather have the screen real estate. It's not like the iPad/Surface/Transformer/etc. are heavy.

JoeBoy101

Starts at $329

Noooooope.

Schlep said:
The screen may be a bit bigger than the Nexus 7, but it can't do 720p like the N7. During the presentation, I was actually thinking about grabbing one if they announced $199 or maybe even $249. $329 is ridiculous.

I would have bit at $249. But $60 less than a full-fledged iPad2? Screw that.

JBuccCP

At that price I'd expect a retina display. The weight is really enticing but 329 for an old chipset and low res screen is no deal.

Swag

Would buy one if I didn't already have an S3, this thing will fly off shelves this holiday season though, fly

dkeane

I like that it's basically an iPad 2 shrunk down but I'd use this for reading and really want a retina screen.

Gaaraz

As someone with an iPad, Apple TV, iPod, iPhone, MacBook etc I have to say some of the language being used in the video made me cringe so fucking bad - how many times did they call it magical? Or use awful terms like "These aren't just the same apps you use on your phone, these are powerful apps."

Sorry what Apple? Fucking hell. I can't believe I used to be a sucker for their marketing.

Also love how they constantly talked about how the iPhone was the perfect size, any bigger and it wouldn't fit in one hand... yet a 7.9" tablet apparently now works perfectly in one hand...?!

Top Bottom