• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iPad Mini

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Not retina. Not even above 720p 16:9 HD. Starts at $329. What's the point?

Extremely underwhelmed. I got my iPad 3 for $450 even during tax free weekend so whatevs. At this price point I'd rather go back to a nexus 7 if I'm going for a more portable solution

bob page

Wow, that price is ridiculous! I would consider it if it was $80-100 less.
The 16gb Nexus 7 is $250. The iPad mini has a larger screen by almost 1" and has a 5mp back camera, HD front camera. $80 difference doesn't seem very ridiculous.

Anyway, I dig the bezel. Definitely prefer it to the hug plastic borders on previous 7" tablets. I got rid of my Nexus 7 because the tablet apps were up to snuff. This one may be my sweet spot.

Gaaraz

Urgh. I feel so dirty watching this damned keynote too, so embarrassing I used to fall for this kind of talk.

raindoc

1,024 x 768 resolution (Not Retina Sorry)

tumblr_mbwallp18g1qetdhio1_500.gif

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Uhh, that is pretty pricey. I feel like quality tablets at 100 bones are just around the corner, this feels ill timed

1-D_FTW

The 16gb Nexus 7 is $250. The iPad mini has a larger screen by almost 1" and has a 5mp back camera, HD front camera. $80 difference doesn't seem very ridiculous.

Anyway, I dig the bezel. Definitely prefer it to the hug plastic borders on previous 7" tablets. I got rid of my Nexus 7 because the tablet apps were up to snuff. This one may be my sweet spot.

It's getting a price cut. 32GB is 249.99 and 16GB is 199.99.

was pretty hyped until i saw the price

i said "they won't compare prices with the nexus" to my bro when they did the comparisons slides

I'll stick to my ipad 2 and if people start selling their (lol dead already) ipad 3's then i'll buy one.

feel bad for ipad 3 owners though

f0lken

Everything was leaked, but I really loved the trolling Apple did when comparing the Nexus to the mini, ¿Phone stretched apps vs tablet optimized apps? Thats all really needs to be told about what is really the best product

Future

Gonna have to check this out in store. It's not like the iPad is really that big, and not sure what the smaller size gives me. Still can't fit in pocket, so it's just lighter to hold?

I don't understand the market segment they are going to hit when it is more expensive with arguably worse specifications compared to the compeition.

Even $100 dollars cheaper wouldve made it competitive, not the best deal ever.

I really think Apple is beggining to rely on its name and ios system too much lately to sell products.

Actually the new 32gb model coming out on the 29th will be $250

Actually the new 32gb model coming out on the 29th will be $250

Yep, and the 16GB will be 199, meaning a 40% price premium for the product with the apple logo stamped on the back of it, which does seem totally unreasonable and overpriced to me.

That being said, 95% of the world population won't give a shit and it will be the best selling tablet of all time.

Raistlin

I had been waiting to see how the pricing turned out for this and some of the WinRT tablets before deciding where to go.

In the end, I think I'm getting the new Chromebook

lol

Cipherr

Feels like a massive door left open. $199 would have been straight up slaughter. But they backed out on it in exchange for their profit margins. Thats fine, but it would have been nice to see a bloody fight.

1024x768 is just, ugh... It does explain why they actually put a Nexus 7 right there up on the big ass screen during their presentation though. That was surprising that they were addressing competition so directly. Elephants don't swat flies, they seem a bit agitated.

As someone with an iPad, Apple TV, iPod, iPhone, MacBook etc I have to say some of the language being used in the video made me cringe so fucking bad - how many times did they call it magical? Or use awful terms like "These aren't just the same apps you use on your phone, these are powerful apps."

Sorry what Apple? Fucking hell. I can't believe I used to be a sucker for their marketing.

Also love how they constantly talked about how the iPhone was the perfect size, any bigger and it wouldn't fit in one hand... yet a 7.9" tablet apparently now works perfectly in one hand...?!

I wish I hadn't just watched this video. Apple can be so douchey when they want to be. The video made me want to puke too. "These aren't just the apps you use on your phone, these are powerful apps" particularly hurts but there is a lot to pick apart in that thing. I still think it's cool, but I am just a little bit embarrassed by it. Sometimes Apple has all the vision and awareness in the world, but sometimes completely lacks self-awareness.

Top Bottom