• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

Tonton

Can someone who played the Japanese games help me out? In Ao
there's a NPC couple called アルム and エアリー that say they are from Liberl, are these Armand and Ellie from the English version that get married during Chapter 8 of SC in Rolent?

preta

Can someone who played the Japanese games help me out? In Ao
there's a NPC couple called アルム and エアリー that say they are from Liberl, are these Armand and Ellie from the English version that get married during Chapter 8 of SC in Rolent?

Yes!

Tonton

Nerdy CS question

How come Rean can only use
The 7th Form: Enlightened Domination while piloting Valimar?

Hmm? HMMM?

I don't think it's a matter of what he can do, just what he chooses to?
The better explanation is Falcom
wanted his Valimar crafts to be different than his regular ones

Jolkien

Nerdy CS question

How come Rean can only use
The 7th Form: Enlightened Domination while piloting Valimar?

Hmm? HMMM?

Good question, he also can also only use
Quinngoong (whatever how it's spelled) the buff that Cassius throws up in 3rd while he pilots Valimar

PK Gaming

I don't think it's a matter of what he can do, just what he chooses to?
The better explanation is Falcom
wanted his Valimar crafts to be different than his regular ones

I just remembered he uses it in the drama CD nobody listened to, so yeah that's probably it. It should really become a part of his default skillset.

Quinngoong (whatever or it's spelled) the buff that Cassius throws up in 3rd while he pilots Valimar

He also doesn't use
The 5th Form: Morning Moon outside piloting Valimar either.

Jolkien

Zero no Kiseki question
When do you get access to weapon upgrade ? I have a few u-material but can't figure out where to use them so far. I'm at the beginning of Chapter 2.

Zero no Kiseki question
When do you get access to weapon upgrade ? I have a few u-material but can't figure out where to use them so far. I'm at the beginning of Chapter 2.

I might remember wrong, but this should be available in downtown since the prologue? Edit: The guillaume factory or something like that was named I think. You need to have the required weapon plus some U-mat.

Jolkien

I might remember wrong, but this should be avalaible in downtown since the prologue? Edit: The guillaume factory or something like that was named I think. You need to have the required weapon plus some U-mat.

Wow I feel so stupid. Thanks ! How rare are those ? I wonder if I should upgrade every weapon I can or I should play it conservatively

Quinngoong (whatever how it's spelled) the buff that Cassius throws up in 3rd while he pilots Valimar

Is there a list of which crafts are shared between all the 8 Leaves users in the games? This kind of stuff is just really interesting.

Wow I feel so stupid. Thanks ! How rare are those ? I wonder if I should upgrade every weapon I can or I should play it conservatively

Depends on the difficulty you're playing it. I did a blind-nightmare run and had to farm for U-materials/mira before ending a chapter so I could start the next chapter inmediatly with better weapons. (They are enemies every chapter that drop U-material)
I will always recommend going for it as early as posible, though. They modified weapons will carry your party until the next chapter starts.

PK Gaming

Is there a list of which crafts are shared between all the 8 Leaves users in the games? This kind of stuff is just really interesting.

I got you fam:

◾First Form (一の型): Unknown at this point.
◾Second Form "Gale" (二の型 "疾風"): The user quickly slashes nearby enemies and withdraws within a moment. Arios Maclaine is a master of this form.
◾Third Form (三の型): Unknown at this point.
◾Fourth Form "Autumn Leaf Cutter" (四の型 "紅葉切り"): Through deep concentration, the user executes a quick slash strong enough to cut through steel. Rean bean uses this form.
◾Fifth Form "Morning Moon" (伍の型 "残月") An iaijutsu technique where the user strikes at godlike speeds that the opponents cannot react to. Alan Richard is a practitioner of the form and has added to it with his own variants.
◾Sixth Form (六の型) Unknown at this point.
◾Seventh Form "Void" (七の型 "無") This form hasn't been fully defined, but the user supposedly uses centrifugal force to deliver a crushing blow.
Cassius
is a master of this form.
◾Eighth Form "Weaponless" (八の型 "無手") A martial arts form for when the user becomes unarmed.

From the wiki

Thud

As a reminder that wiki isn't well edited.

Rean uses 2nd and 4th form. I believe these are beginner courses. He also knows something of the 5th, 7th and 8th form. Rean mentioned that the 7th form is for intermediate users. The eight form is for when you're without a weapon, because valimar is weaponless for a while, this became his standard form.

Arios mastered 2nd form. Richard adapted the 5th form. Anelace uses her own style that doesn't fall in the regular forms. Cassius doesn't use a blade anymore, however he still uses various eastern styles with his staff.

Cassius
also uses the Helix form, but we don't know yet which number that is. His staff style is a mix of 8 leaves, (The 3rd spoiler)
Tita's father
teachings and other easter styles.

Stelle's style is "Hit things hard till they surrender". Although by the end of Zero
she's learnt Cassius S-craft and made her old S-craft (Barrage) into a normal craft

Gu4n

Like Arios, Rean is able to use Gale; Arcane Gale during Spirit Fusion; and Qinggong while piloting Valimar.

I've been meaning to add these to the Kiseki Wiki, also for the other schools, so a concrete question like this motivates me to prioritise it. I'll look at it tomorrow.

Zero no Kiseki
Is there anny place to buy baits ? I need to catch 10 eels and I'm down to three earthworm

Earthworms can't be bought unfortunely, you need to get them from killing monsters, if I'm not remembering wrong. Fishing in Zero can take you a lot of time.

Thud

Like Arios, Rean is able to use Gale; Arcane Gale during Spirit Fusion; and Qinggong while piloting Valimar.

I've been meaning to add these to the Kiseki Wiki, also for the other schools, so a concrete question like this motivates me to prioritise it. I'll look at it tomorrow.
To add to this:

While they do share the Qinggong craft, it's not an eight leave one blade style technique. It's an eastern breathing technique commonly used in martial arts.

We know of a few Qinggong users.

Neoweee

So I'm giving SC Hard mode a try by bumping up the difficulty after the Prologue. The third-to-last Hex byte in the save file is the difficulty flag (00 = Normal, 01 = Hard, 02 = Nightmare). I've rather liked the difficulty and combat in the three games I've played so far (CS1 Hard, CS2 Nightmare, FC Hard), so it is kind of disappointing for Normal SC to be as simple as it is. Just from what I've heard there's like 2 or 3 fights that I'll probably bump it down to Normal for.

Gu4n

Heard it's 30G, twice the size of Ys VIII.
I assume we're talking about the size of Sen III? (Had to read it three times) I heard the game's 70 hours with another 50 to the platinum trophy, which means absolutely nothing with the vast differences in playtimes between players.

Jiraiza

Fuuuu, this final chapter of Zero is nuts. It's all story with barely any time to rest.
Sergei's a badass, and I liked the little detail they added with Mireille getting controlled and Randy reacting to it in the form of a war cry giving him 200 CP in the proceeding battle. Awesome stuff. Made it to the Fort of the Sun and surprise, it's an Estelle and Joshua team-up! I guess they didn't want to spoil the fun by completely omitting them in the opening scene of the game.

A small criticism; the in-game action scenes using the assets and models look goofy as hell (which dated back to the Sky games, too). Even with the transition to 3D in Cold Steel, they still had the same problem with the mecha units and tanks just shooting randomly at stuff. I can only hope CS3 improves on that. This rollercoaster of stuff happening is pretty hype though, and it has a great OST to boot, which makes me curious how the original OST sounds.

Also went through the Elie bonding scene, and the bonding system is honestly pretty pointless. They could've just written the bonding scenes with the other two in without having to resort to collecting bonding points throughout the game for a specific character. A shame that it devolved into the system that exists in the CS games, to say the least.

In any case, end game, here we go.

Fuuuu, this final chapter of Zero is nuts. It's all story with barely any time to rest.
Sergei's a badass, and I liked the little detail they added with Mireille getting controlled and Randy reacting to it in the form of a war cry giving him 200 CP in the proceeding battle. Awesome stuff. Made it to the Fort of the Sun and surprise, it's an Estelle and Joshua team-up! I guess they didn't want to spoil the fun by completely omitting them in the opening scene of the game.

A small criticism; the in-game action scenes using the assets and models look goofy as hell (which dated back to the Sky games, too). Even with the transition to 3D in Cold Steel, they still had the same problem with the mecha units and tanks just shooting randomly at stuff. I can only hope CS3 improves on that. This rollercoaster of stuff happening is pretty hype though, and it has a great OST to boot, which makes me curious how the original OST sounds.

Also went through the Elie bonding scene, and the bonding system is honestly pretty pointless. They could've just written the bonding scenes with the other two in without having to resort to collecting bonding points throughout the game for a specific character. A shame that it devolved into the system that exists in the CS games, to say the least.

In any case, end game, here we go.
Regarding your spoiler ...
Sort of Ao Spoiler but not really spoiling anything i think
Ha that spoiler is actually explained in AO and may account for why the intro in CS plays Slightly differently when you actually reached there.

Gu4n

The notion of a Sen IV is crazy talk, right? Right?
In promotional material so far they've seen pretty certain about wrapping up Class VII's story arc, but also revealing Arianrhod's background. I think the notion of a Sen IV stems from the fear that Falcom overestimate their capacities again and have to split III in two instalments. They also proved with Ao how much ground their can cover in one game, so I'm not too worried.

Plus they took their bloody sweet time for this game. Even for the transition from 2D to 3D they reserved only two years.

Aters

I assume we're talking about the size of Sen III? (Had to read it three times) I heard the game's 70 hours with another 50 to the platinum trophy, which means absolutely nothing with the vast differences in playtimes between players.

Yes. Retailers are receiving empty boxes for display.

Jiraiza

Doing an all-nighter to finish Zero was not a good idea.
Because of that, the Estelle, Joshua, and Renne reunion hit me so much harder. And then the feeling of unity with the SSS members, supporting each other in the name of KeA, against the crazed Joachim was just amazing to watch. Even better with the group shot including all the important members after the final battle; that was just cute.

Obviously, still plenty of mysteries and things to tackle like
Randy's past, Guy's killer, KeA, Rixia, and so forth
but that's what Ao is for!

I wish I was better at articulating myself so I could express these rollercoaster of emotions I was subjected to throughout the ending and post-credits, so I'll just say that Zero is 10/10 (or somewhere close to it, maybe dock fractions of a point due to the pointless bond system). An improvement upon the Sky games that were already good. Viva la Falcom. I think I very much prefer the close intimacy that the Crossbell cast has over the Liberl cast, but I still love the hell out of both. And as always, Falcom is on top with the OST. Since I played the Evo version, I'll have to look up the original and listen to it later. And I must say, the way Zero ties all the Liberl stuff, Ouroboros and whatnot, is so impressive it gives me goosebumps.

Zero down, and Ao to go. One month, let's do this.

Congrats!
You really went full on the game these past days, specially for this final chapter. Expect a lot of great moments for the SSS in Ao, but also a lot of minor details that says a lot of the development of these characters.

One thing you might want to keep in mind is that the bond system is expanded in Ao, and you need to think ahead with who are you going to spend some events as well as keeping track on minor events and gameplay mechanics that affect how many points you are going to have with a certain character. This is important for some unlocking certain events that tells you a lot of these characters.

Now, go to the Destination story.

Jolkien

Zero no Kiseki end of Chapter 2
The boss fight music was awesome. I'm pretty sure I figured Gin/Yin is Rixia (she use the same tech in CS2) can't wait to get to know her better

Thud

The boss fight music was awesome. I'm pretty sure I figured Gin/Yin is Rixia (she use the same tech in CS2) can't wait to get to know her better

It's not like the game is hiding it. Nothing lost of value there.

Her character progression is pretty great.

Jiraiza

Now, go to the Destination story.

Man, that's annoying. I wish I could just view all the bonding stuff in one play-through. There's no way I'll have any time to play the game multiple times.

One question that stayed in mind for the entirety of Zero was whether Randy
is stronger or weaker than Rixia, given his past as a Jaeger.
Actually, don't answer that question, Ao will. Ha!

TR_

Man, that's annoying. I wish I could just view all the bonding stuff in one play-through. There's no way I'll have any time to play the game multiple times.

I'll warn you about the bonding system in Ao.

It's possible to get everyone's final event in this game but the requirements are really strict. You need to get all the gifts from the stores and chests as well as choosing which characters will help during side quests. It's easier to do if you import the the save from zero since it gives bonus points with the characters that you chose in the last chapter but it's still pretty strict.

Also, this time they added bonding events with some npcs that have portraits and those events only appear during a certain period. You'll need a guide for it since some of these events are in places that you wouldn't go normally.

Jiraiza

I'll warn you about the bonding system in Ao.

It's possible to get everyone's final event in this game but the requirements are really strict. You need to get all the gifts from the stores and chests as well as choosing which characters will help during side quests. It's easier to do if you import the the save from zero since it gives bonus points with the characters that you chose in the last chapter but it's still pretty strict.

Also, this time they added bonding events with some npcs that have portraits and those events only appear during a certain period. You'll need a guide for it since some of these events are in places that you wouldn't go normally.

Any idea if this wiki https://www47.atwiki.jp/ao_psp/pages/38.html has that all laid out? Also, apparently there are some drama CDs for Ao, ones that take place before Ao. Which ones should I be listening to? I see a Road to the Future one, and then a bunch of chapter ones? The latter sounds like drama CDs of the actual Ao game, so I should probably avoid those?

As for Ao itself, holy cow, the opening is full of spoilers. Damn it, Falcom!
Kevin and Ries are back, though!

Edit: Uh, nevermind, I think I know which CDs to listen to now. God, I hate Japan's obsession with spreading their content through all sorts of media, so annoying to follow.

Top Bottom