• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian early copy impressions thread

Shin-chan

Maaaan I just watched the PSX trailer and now the wait until I go home for Christmas is going to be unbearable!

I'm tempted to run out and buy a used PS4 and the game here, just to play through it finally.

B33

Banned
I have a question for those who have completed it and I'm not looking for an elaborate answer, just a "yes" or "no."

Is it explained why there are multiple Trico creatures (as seen st the end of the E3 2016 trailer)?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Some earlier game or non-spoilery shots I like. I took a TON. The game is simply stunning. The art direction is peerless.

WPqAZ4t.jpg

Sorry for shitty 4k capture compression crap. you get the idea

I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't review well. But now I don't care since I've already finished it!

Servbot24

Banned
Looks like a PS1 game to me. /s

My god I am so excited for this. Takes a lot to make me stop FFXV midway through, but this will do that easily

B33

Banned
Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but which console did you use to play it, Y2Kev: PS4 Standard/Slim or Pro?

My roommate has been playing all day.

"Playing this game furthers my understanding that games can be art."

Is what I heard from him.

gogojira

Well, impressions sound great. I almost bit on FFXV but glad I held out a bit longer. Only buying one at the moment, and it looks like TLG is going to win out. :D I tried to find the damn game earlier, but no luck in my area.

Grisby

Finally. I will finally get to play this on Tuesday.

Still remember, to the day, where I was and what I was doing when I saw the leaked footage thread. Everyone was like whhhaaatt that looks fake, and others were like whhhaaatt that looks real.

And I was left feeling that I just wanted to watch Miller's Crossing again
So much hype y'all. I can't believe we made it!
It'sbeen84years.gif

So worried about the technical issues. I can handle SoTC level problems. I'd hope it's not that bad but I can handle it

But I wonder, how will this be reviewed if the pro/vanilla version is so different?

silva1991

Wow Kev, I almost mistook the first pic with concept art.

If Simon Parkin thinks it's GOTY material I'm in hype overload. Dude has good taste in games

Bloodborne was his GOTY last year and he gave Witcher 3 and MGS5 5/5

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/bloodborne
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain

TLG will get 90+ metascore confirmed!!

nah I still think in the 80's and I don't care :p

It's almost here! I'm debating whether or not to call in sick. If I start seeing a bunch of 9s/10s I don't know that I'll be able to stop myself. Too many hypes.

In related news my 2012 pre order for the PS3 version has yet to ship. Getting a little worried.

Qvoth

need more soundtrack impressions!
sotc ost was extremely high tier, it's the only thing i'm thinking will be somewhat lacking for this game

It will review well. Low 80's most likely due to the technical shortcomings.
I would love it to rate even higher just to really irk those smug posters who were 'sure' this game would be a failure and all of us still excited for it were somehow deluded.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
My wife isn't a gamer...like, at all, but I'm thinking of asking her to sit down with me and play through this. I think she might get emotionally involved considering the protagonists. I just told her about how I bought I PS3 in 2009 to play it and now I'm finally getting to play it Tuesday and I'm giddy and she seemed intrigued

silva1991

It will review well. Low 80's most likely due to the technical shortcomings.
I would love it to rate even higher just to really irk those smug posters who were 'sure' this game would be a failure and all of us still excited for it were somehow deluded.

Those people are expecting Recore or No Man Sky scores. Low 80's alone will shut them up lol.

I think you guys are underestimating it. I'm saying 85-90

"This will stick with me forever"
"Playing this game furthers my understanding that games can be art"
"If ever there was a story to salve the wounds inflicted by this dark year, this is it"

On its own merits, it will probably shine

But in the context of a shitty fucked-up year, it might shine even more.

Just saw this at toys r us tonight. Had no idea it doesn't officially come out till Tuesday. Damn I could have had it earlier than most ppl lol 😂

Elfstruck

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't ICO and Shadow of Colossus had some technical hiccups as well? If this game is as good as some of you have said here, then maybe reviewers will dock a few points but not much.

Top Bottom