• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us crashing phat PS3s.

SRTtoZ

My 80gb has been fine and I beat the game. My friends slim crashed during a bloater fight though. Reading the comments this seems to have nothing to do with phat PS3s.

Hale-XF11

80GB phat. No issues whatsoever here.

I even had it running for 20 hours straight when I downloaded the game, slept, then played the next day, all without a hitch.

Shakala

My game won't download the 1.2 update and if I opt out it just hangs before the title screen on my 60gb. Slim is fine of course

60gb launch phat (upgraded to 500gb) here, almost 20 hrs and not a single crash or freeze. Most of the time the fan doesn't even kick in high gear. I don't think UC3 crashed on me either.

Soma

My friend and I couldn't get through the first area without the game freezing every 5 minutes on his used launch day PS3.

Then we disassembled it, aired out all the dust inside (and good lord there was so much) and applied some new thermal paste. Now we're over 5 hours into the game and it hasn't crashed since.

Still pretty loud though.

Played the game for about 3 hours and had no issues on my 40 GB PS3 fat, might be 60, but still, no issues.

Hope it remains that way, my fans are super loud, sounds like my PS3 is ready to take off.

Honestly, my PS3 can retire already, just let me finish The Last Of Us and you're good to go PS3, you've done good after that, you can go in peace. :p

Breemin

Playing TLoU on a release PS3 20GB (upgraded to 500GB). About 10 hours in, no crashes yet. :) Fans spinning hard though.

I had the Uncharted 3 issue on my launch PS3, investigated and saw that despite multiple threads on their forum ND didnt acknowledge the issue. So now I have a save file about 2 hours into UC3, the first ND game I reserved and bought day one, Despite how awesome Last of Us looks I had a feeling that a similar issue would pop up since its the same engine, so while everyone was getting hyped, I had to fight the urge to...sorry for those who didn't

Finished the game at my cousin's house last night. Amazing, amazing experience.

He has a launch 60GB (BC) model customized with a 500GB HDD.

No crash. We played through over the course of three sessions.

Both of us (when I had a PS3) had the well-known crash in the original Uncharted when you escape into the tunnel for the first time, but this game was crash-free.

Novoitus

Banned
I have a fat 80GB PS3 and it hasn't crashed yet. Have played around 8 hours single player and multiplayer combined so far

So weird. I have an 80GB Phat and it never overheated, got loud or crashed, when I played the game. Game ran smooth pretty much the entire time, except for one or two slowdowns in-game, where the frame rate dipped.

I've beaten TLoU on my 80GB Phat and had no crashes at all, but I did encounter quite a few texture problems from the middle of the game to the end. Texture on models sometimes would not load up, so I had to exit to the title screen and reload my save. There was one point where half the sky was a giant black box.

I've also encountered a lot of low res textures in the last half of the game, too. A lot of signs were unreadable, items that I picked up, such as maps, were just blobs of color on a paper, and some environment textures on things like logs were really horrible. I reloaded my game several times and it might fix some of the low res textures, but then others would pop up.

JawzPause

I have a EU 60gb fat ps3 model & the game has crashed once but nothing more. Although the fans have been a lot worse recently... my ps3 final days are coming :(

Decidedly not playing this another minute until some thing is addressed! My slim is only a year and a half old but I'm not gonna risk it. TLOU shelved :/

I had this issue with Ni no Kuni actually. Really upset by it. Couldn't get more than 10 hours into the game because it locked up so much it was unplayable. Was that a known thing?

I fucking knew it was because of that game!

I'm rocking the 80 gig (normal edition after Motorstorm bundle) with a 750gb HDD & my system completely stopped reading blu ray movies, lags horribly during games (tlou, BF3) and freezes/restarts constantly. I've had the thing 4-5 years now, so I expect it to go but ever since I downloaded that 1.1 patch it's gone completely to shit.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
My 60GB launch Phatty died last week just as I bought the Last of Us! Damn you Last of Us. I didn't even get to unwrap you and I'm still cursed.

depward

60 gig launch unit. About 7 hours in and I've had zero crashes thus far.

Not uncovering spoiler tags, so not sure if we're talking about these crashes happening later in the game or not.

Vabor

Naughty Dog Community Strategist
If you're getting errors try The Last of us disc on another system and see if it works. If it does it's most likely a problem with your console.

40 GB model here.

My fan gets really loud but it hasn't crashed at all. I even did an 8 hour+ session on sunday so if it was going to crash I think it would have already.

Yep just traded off my console after Black ops 2 and TLoU crashed my system. As much as I loved my 60 gig I let her go. I just got a slim 250 and no issues thus far

Flo_Evans

60GB launch PS3 beat the game in 3 sessions totaling 20 hours playtime with no crashes.

Played 5 hours of multiplayer last night with no crashes. It did seem to freeze for a bit but I think that was server/host related. I went to go to the bathroom and when I came back it was a blank screen but eventually went back to the multi lobby select.

Fans on full blast at all times (well they do sometimes turn down during long cutscenes). I think I might take it apart and clean it, she's been a good girl.

jett

D-Member
conan-the-barbarian-20091111043605358.jpg

If it dies, it dies.

ev0

I have a launch fat 60gb

I played for a full 22hrs. What's weird is that it did not start crashing my phat until last night. About 3 times, doing different things. (Trying to exit mp, trying to quit the game and quitting to main menu). Quitting the game actually straight up rebooted my PS3

40GB fat here. Digital version of the game. I've played for like 30 hours. Zero crashes.

Other than the autosave glitch on launch day (that was fixed pretty fast) I've had zero issues with the game. Not even glitched trophies, fortunately.

Joeki11a

Banned
My launch 60GB model is fine, I'm just after that place you mentioned in the spoiler. The fan does go like crazy, but no slowdowns, freezes or crashes at all.

Same, clearly they needed a HDD install
Option, running it off the Bluray is insane
For a game like this.

Top Bottom