• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Demo (GoW:A Exclusive) Discussion Thread

Absolutely NOT!

Although the game (Uncharted GA) was technical sound, the casting/acting/directing (primarily talking about Marisa Chase) was sub par to what I now expect from ND.

yea but Syphon Filter Dark Mirror and Logan's Shadow are better than Uncharted 1 and Uncharted 3

The MP sounds really interesting from what I read of that info dump. The clan system sounds pretty cool and integral to multiplayer as well, info better come soon, I'm ready to see concrete details from ND. If they pull off what it seems like they're aiming at then I'll be playing this all summer for sure.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The MP sounds really interesting from what I read of that info dump. The clan system sounds pretty cool and integral to multiplayer as well, info better come soon, I'm ready to see concrete details from ND. If they pull off what it seems like they're aiming at then I'll be playing this all summer for sure.

I saw the word "spawn" and became immediately disinterested.

If they don't have a mode without spawns and boosters, I won't even play that shit.

DC1

yea but Syphon Filter Dark Mirror and Logan's Shadow are better than Uncharted 1 and Uncharted 3

Opinions my kind sir!

I loved U1 (have never/will never part with it)
And
I thought U3 was on equal status with U2.

However, in full respect of full disclosure, I never played Logan's Shadow or Dark Mirror.

Should I take your word on this and give them a play? Be truthful with me ..my backlog is crazy.

Opinions my kind sir!

I loved U1 (have never/will never part with it)
And
I thought U3 was on equal status with U2.

However, in full respect of full disclosure, I never played Logan's Shadow or Dark Mirror.

Should I take your word on this and give them a play? Be truthful with me ..my backlog is crazy.

He's right about Syphon Filter

Bend <3

FACE

Banned
That's strange, could it be that demo was so limited that some code couldn't be implemented? Because that feature was in the 2nd gameplay trailer.

Oh. And 3 more days before embargo lifts............ I'm keeping expectations relatively low anyone else joining me?

Whatever it is, I want it fixed!

I keep my expectations low for every game.

I saw the word "spawn" and became immediately disinterested.

If they don't have a mode without spawns and boosters, I won't even play that shit.

I won't go that far, but surviving with a team of people in a randomly generated co-op campaign sounds amazing. But there should definitely be an option to turn off respawning

Evolved1

I won't go that far, but surviving with a team of people in a randomly generated co-op campaign sounds amazing. But there should definitely be an option to turn off respawning

The clan stuff is just (imo) going to be meta game. I would temper your expectations.

Rumba

Banned
For anyone who wants some more moderately cryptic info on the multiplayer, fadi002 from the Naughty Dog forums pulled a bunch of strings from the demo files and it reveals some really interesting stuff, I'm pretty sure this multiplayer will be a bit different from anything we've ever seen.

I would love to make a multiplayer discussion thread since I want to talk about what is in this pastebin here but I dont have thread making privileges (No SP spoilers as far as I know, read about 75% of it) for those on media blackout I will keep quiet.

http://pastebin.com/kM7bFGy9

Nope. That's for a Facebook game.

nib95

Banned
Thanks for the clarity.
However it was my impression that the option will be there for those who combined enough material to make a blunted object (in the crafting section) and that we would have access to multiple blunt craft items(in the main game).

I actually made a bat with nails in it, and could use it using square in a melee battle. However, when I switched to my gun, Joel strapped the bat to his back, but I was unable to manually equip it till I got in to a melee battle and it auto selected.

Rumba

Banned
Same. I was hoping Naughty Dog would be at E3 to promote their PS4 game, not TLoU. *wink*

WTF are you talking about? Uncharted 3 used Facebook for connecting with friends and sending multiplayer status updates.

The clan having dysentery and someone doing gardening and stuff.

I saw it too but I didn't include it in my post because it totally reeked of a Facebook game, which we haven't seen or we'll probably never see.

Evolved1

I actually made a bat with nails in it, and could use it using square in a melee battle. However, when I switched to my gun, Joel strapped the bat to his back, but I was unable to manually equip it till I got in to a melee battle and it auto selected.

If you really want to run around with the melee weapon, you could always just swing it, and he will hold it for a few seconds before putting it away again. Lol, probably not the answer you want, but I understand why they do it that way, and why your melee weapon isn't selectable (because it would be redundant).

spannicus

Gonna play Remember Me until this comes out, so the wait wont be that hard. Remember Me also seems like a pretty decent game. Need something to keep me busy so Im not constantly replaying the demo.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
The impressions are making the wait even harder. Lawd.

What vibes are you guys getting for the full game? Do we have an end of generation masterpiece on our hands coming up?

jdevil99

All I know is if you liked Uncharted, you'll love this. And the attention to detail is pretty wild. I don't incessantly replay demos much, but I have replayed this several times just to admire the environment.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I keep getting an error message when trying to instal update 1.07 on GoW: Ascensions. Been having this problem for 2 days straight. Can't access the god damn game without it...

Help?

Vire

Would anyone be kind enough to share their demo with me?

I'm giving in, I said I wouldn't play it before, but it looks like it's completely spoiler free in terms of story...

The impressions are making the wait even harder. Lawd.

What vibes are you guys getting for the full game? Do we have an end of generation masterpiece on our hands coming up?

With the human AI being smarter I'd say hell yes it will be. I've replayed the demo 5 times and plan on going back for more.

Also does anyone think that ND could push another demo section to us? Naughty Dog only said that they won't be publicly releasing THIS demo.

Would anyone be kind enough to share their demo with me?

I'm giving in, I said I wouldn't play it before, but it looks like it's completely spoiler free in terms of story...

there is a spoiler though
there is a lady who is baby sitting Ellie throughout the demo

you are better off waiting

pargonta

...are you seriously telling me i cannot hold any melee weapons at all on my own terms? i disagree with that design choice if so. i was looking forward to holding and walking around with a walking stick and bats and so forth.

haven't played demo. can't wait for release!

reminds me of far cry 3. it's a shooter it's a shooter! screw everything else.

Evolved1

With the human AI being smarter I'd say hell yes it will be. I've replayed the demo 5 times and plan on going back for more.

Also does anyone think that ND could push another demo section to us? Naughty Dog only said that they won't be publicly releasing THIS demo.

It's my theory they will release an E3 demo... I imagine PSN will have a huge E3 section and I fully expect ND to drop a public demo.

I will be very surprised of they don't.

...are you seriously telling me i cannot hold any melee weapons at all on my own terms? i disagree with that design choice if so. i was looking forward to holding and walking around with a walking stick and bats and so forth.

haven't played demo. can't wait for release!

reminds me of far cry 3. it's a shooter it's a shooter! screw everything else.

No, you can't equip the melee weapon. The one you are holding will be used automatically when you press square.

The big advantage to this design choice in my opinion, is that your gun is also always equipped, so when you are getting swarmed, you don't have to think about what weapon you have equipped. They are both equipped in a way. I think that when you try the game, you will quickly see the benefit of this system :)

Edit: Though items like bricks and bottles can be used as melee weapons, and these you can run around with in your hands.

pargonta

No, you can't equip the melee weapon. The one you are holding will be used automatically when you press square.

The big advantage to this design choice in my opinion, is that you gunr is also always equipped, so when you are getting swarmed, you don't have to think about what weapon you have equipped. They are both equipped in a way. I think that when you try the game, you will quickly see the benefit of this system :)

Oh it'll work, for sure. I just have post apocalyptic dreams more than just shooting, and this is one of those modern design decisions that just limited player interaction and creativity. it'll def make combat and gun combat way more efficient, for sure.

i havent played the game/demo yet obviously.. but just to screw with the system i'm going to pick up bricks and cans and hold them for as long as i can.

Vitter.

The demo was kinda meh, super short and not much to grasp true variations from the uncharted mechanics, they hint some things obviously but you don't get to use much of that during the demo. Still this is NGod so, day one for me. Santaolalla's music is so fitting for the mood of the game!.

OwlyKnees

One of my friends got the game today and is currently playing it. Torturing me ever so slowly. :(

last.jpg

JB1981

Just played the demo again. So so good. I need to get through that final encounter using stealth though. It's not easy !!

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
One of my friends got the game today and is currently playing it. Torturing me ever so slowly. :(

last.jpg

That smug yellow face must be driving you mad.

Is there anyone willing to share the demo through a dummy account? I've decided that I really want a taste of the game after hearing so much about it. And I do love demos.

Definity

I played the demo a couple times and I really think I will fall in love with the game. The atmosphere is amazing and I really like that the game is tough even on normal. Can't wait to start playing in a couple weeks.

Rumba

Banned
Joel - Bonus Gear
Joel - Spring Gear
Joel - Fall Gear
Joel - Naughty Dog T-Shirt
Joel - Armored
The Last of Usâ&#8222;¢ - Additional Content (BOOOOHOOOO.)
Joel - Gray Shirt
Joel - Brown Shirt
Ellie - Jak Goggles
Joel - Camper Backpack
Joel - Military Backpack
Ellie - Outfit-2
Ellie - Outfit-2 Hoodup
Ellie - Daxter Backpack
Ellie - Punk Backpack
Ellie - Jak Hoodie
Joel - Short Sleeve Denim Shirt
Joel - Long Sleeve Denim Shirt
Joel - Grey Sweatshirt
Joel - Gold Plaid Shirt
Joel - Red Plaid Shirt
Joel - Purple Plaid Shirt
Slow Motion Super Slo-mo Fast Motion Random-mo Mirror World Infinite Ammo One-Shot Kills Death-Shot Mode Exploding Rounds
Joel - Original Gear
Joel - Autumn Gear
Joel - Winter Gear
Ellie - Original Gear
Ellie - Winter Gear
Ellie - Autumn Gear
Ellie - Red Flannel
Ellie- Bonus Gear
Ellie - Angel Knives
Ellie - Naughty Dog T-Shirt Bonus Gear
Ellie - Naughty Dog T-Shirt 2
Ellie - Naughty Dog T-Shirt 3
Ellie - Jak and Daxter T-Shirt
Ellie - Jumpsuit
Ellie - Epilogue Gear
Game completion - Easy Game completion - Easy + Game completion - Normal Game completion - Normal + Game completion - Hard Game completion - Hard + Game completion - Survivor Game completion - Survivor + Game completion - Survivor without new game plus

d0c_zaius

is there a reason you aren't spoilering any of this?

some people might not want everything ruined for them in a demo topic.

edit: thanks, and you should do that for all your other posts that lists stuff as well.

Top Bottom