• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Demo (GoW:A Exclusive) Discussion Thread

hwy_61

Banned
q6LX7bn.gif

haha

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
People have no common sense. Clearly not understanding that just because ND posted it on the site doesn't mean it should be shown. Some people are on blackout here folks, think.

I have a quesrtion then....
I thought the whole idea of a blackout is to stay away from anything that has the object you are blacking out =/

Blacking out of title X? stay the hell out of all title X's threads.

People have no common sense. Clearly not understanding that just because ND posted it on the site doesn't mean it should be shown. Some people are on blackout here folks, think.

I know... I got to stop coming back to this thread. But I just can't stop thinking about this game... I gotta get it out of my head.

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU IN A THREAD ON THE ASUBJEST? I thought the whole idea of a blackout is to stay away from anything that has the object you are blacking out =/

Because this is the demo thread? Not the LAST OF US OFFICIAL THREAD OF EVERY DETAIL WE FIND ON THE INTERNET EVEN IF IT IS SPOILERISH!

Rebel Leader

I know... I got to stop coming back to this thread. But I just can't stop thinking about this game... I gotta get it out of my head.

Because this is the demo thread? Not the LAST OF US OFFICIAL THREAD OF EVERY DETAIL WE FIND ON THE INTERNET EVEN IF IT IS SPOILERISH!

I edited the comment.
but ok. will edit my post with the pic

DrBo42

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU IN A THREAD ON THE ASUBJEST? I thought the whole idea of a blackout is to stay away from anything that has the object you are blacking out =/

What a shitty stance on the subject. Perhaps some people want to read impressions? I'm not on a strict blackout but I sure as hell didn't want to see a new enemy type posted and quoted multiple times. Try empathy.

Rebel Leader

What a shitty stance on the subject. Perhaps some people want to read impressions? I'm not on a strict blackout but I sure as hell didn't want to see a new enemy type posted and quoted multiple times. Try empathy.
Well I edited my post of the pic regardless. All out of empathy =(

Loakum

Banned
actually now would be a good time to leave all threads related to the last of us alone! A retail copy of The Last of Us was recently sold in Canada, and I'm sure others are about to pop up in many other places as well. sooooo...peace out peeps.

DrBo42

actually now would be a good time to leave all threads related to the last of us alone! A retail copy of The Last of Us was recently sold in Canada, and I'm sure others are about to pop up inmany other places as well. sooooo...peace out peeps.

Canada? Wat. I could almost understand somewhere in the US near the shipping centers... Isn't it a bit early?

TentPole

actually now would be a good time to leave all threads related to the last of us alone! A retail copy of The Last of Us was recently sold in Canada, and I'm sure others are about to pop up inmany other places as well. sooooo...peace out peeps.

Good advice. This thread is already full of sloppy spoilers. I am out of all threads for this game.

actually now would be a good time to leave all threads related to the last of us alone! A retail copy of The Last of Us was recently sold in Canada, and I'm sure others are about to pop up in many other places as well. sooooo...peace out peeps.

Spoilers have already been out for ages--the whole story leaked.

Though . . . now we might have images to go with them. I would think neogaf is better than all this though.

This is promotional material. Naughty Dog thinks it is alright to see it and they are generally very careful with spoilers. People on 100% blackout shouldn't visit this thread where we talk about the demo and its content (where a last form of infected is hinted at). Restricting official released screenshots is going a bit too far IMO.

Either don't visit these threads or create a separate no spoiler thread if you really don't want to see anything...

Rebel Leader

This is promotional material. Naughty Dog thinks it is alright to see it and they are generally very careful with spoilers. People on 100% blackout shouldn't visit this thread where we talk about the demo and its content (where a last form of infected is hinted at). Restricting official released screenshots is going a bit too far IMO.

Either don't visit these threads or create a separate no spoiler thread if you really don't want to see anything...
That's what I don't get, why would ND post this pic publicly on it's site? =/
Why use that pic for the "Pre Order the Digital Edition and the DLC Season Pass"?

I get that, but this IS the demo thread and specifically the Last of us Demo in GOWA. I don't think having to want access too ALL available information and wanting to enjoy/discuss the demo is mutually exclusive.

And ND sucks shit with spoilers. Literally the entire U3 experience was given away in trailers (there was like maybe one(?) Set piece not shown)

See you all on the other side folks!!! Been fun!

Same! Let's traverse the darkness together... *hides*

That's what I don't get, why would ND post this pic publicly on it's site? =/
Why use that pic for the "Pre Order the Digital Edition and the DLC Season Pass"?
Maybe it has nothing to do with the SP and is MP related? I dunno, I didn't play the game and I don't know if this is even a new enemy type. I was just speculating.

I get that, but this IS the demo thread and specifically the Last of us Demo in GOWA. I don't think having to want access too ALL available information and wanting to enjoy/discuss the demo is mutually exclusive.

And ND sucks shit with spoilers. Literally the entire U3 experience was given away in trailers (there was like maybe one(?) Set piece not shown)
Well since the demo describes that there is another enemy type, I thought a little bit of speculating about it is fine. After submitting I realized ND indeed spoiled the shit out of Uncharted and I was wrong lol

I will edit my post

DrBo42

You didn't look at that screenshot and say "Well shit, I kinda wish I hadn't seen that?" To me it's pretty clear ND should never have published that.

HardRojo

Seriously man don't post a picture that contains spoilers just like that!
Oh crap I knew there was another form, I played the demo but I didn't want to know what it was like... I hope it's just a runner... :/

I'm jumping ship too, it's been fun but I sure as hell don't want any more details ruined a mere weeks from release, the demo did a good job at keeping secrets from you and that was the point of coming to this thread...

You didn't look at that screenshot and say "Well shit, I kinda wish I hadn't seen that?" To me it's pretty clear ND should never have published that.
The demo directly told me that there is another state of infection. Going by videogame logic, this means the enemy type is obviously bigger and stronger. I can't really see much more than that on this picture, since it is so orange lol

But I deleted it now just in case.

HardRojo said:
Oh crap I knew there was another form, I played the demo but I didn't want to know what it was like... I hope it's just a runner... :/
Could be. Again I don't even know if this is a spoiler. Since ND casually published it on their website I thought it was save...

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Last post... I'll just point out that this demo (you know the thing this thread is about) goes out of its way not to show the fourth infected. In the context of the demo, the fourth infected is a secret. So yes, lets post the picture of the fourth infected in the thread about a demo which goes out of its way to keep the fourth infected a secret. Cool.

Last post... I'll just point out that this demo (you know the thing this thread is about) goes out of its way not to show the fourth infected. In the context of the demo, the fourth infected is a secret. So yes, lets post the picture of the fourth infected in the thread about a demo which goes out of its way to keep the fourth infected a secret. Cool.
I know that. I thought a little bit of speculating about it is fine. I don't actually know if this is an infected, a form of an infected, an actual SP enemy or just a concept and not even in the game at all. It could be literally anything and since ND casually published it like it is not a big deal, I thought it would be safe.

I guess not and I removed it now.

lonely

Didn't Naughty Dog talk about what happens once the fungus has finished with its host in one of the making of videos?
the clicker goes down to die as it can no longer eat, like the shroom head you pull from the door, and it releases spores

Linconan

I never got me hands on the demo, but i managed to survive. Give or take a few hairs left on me head.
So i can wait till i can get the game on release.

But, TODAY..
Will be a GLORIOUS DAY.
As i've checked me tracking and i'll have my 12" Joel and Elle Statue arrive in the mail.

It'll keep me nice and warn till the game is in my hands. mwhahahahahaah!

DC1

For the record.

I will also plead that we do not DO NOT post spoiler pics or full game related spoiler info in this demo thread. Not even with a spoiler tag.

If you feel the urge to do so , them start it in another thread.

Lets at least keep this demo thread safe for impression dialog. Please.
We only have a couple of weeks to go.

DC1

I never got me hands on the demo, but i managed to survive. Give or take a few hairs left on me head.
So i can wait till i can get the game on release.

But, TODAY..
Will be a GLORIOUS DAY.
As i've checked me tracking and i'll have my 12" Joel and Elle Statue arrive in the mail.

It'll keep me nice and warn till the game is in my hands. mwhahahahahaah!

How's the quality on that statue?

My GOWA Kratos figure left me a littler disappointed (Paint job).

Linconan

How's the quality on that statue?

My GOWA Kratos figure left me a littler disappointed (Paint job).

Dunno yet, i haven't picked it up from the post office,lol
I'll post up pics on ND site and link em here.

My Drake Statue is cool, so i'm hoping for the same quality just bigger. Since its ND

dEvAnGeL

I was just replaying uncharted 3 and I have to say the IQ on the last of us seriously looks bad with that grain filter man, on uncharted the IQ is clean and beautiful, Joel does looks way more detailed than Nathan does and I understand that the games are different but I'm a bit dissapointed by that, I hope in the full game we get an option to turn it off just like in the mass effect series

Linconan

HOLY FUCK!

Just picked up the 12"Statue

OMG!!!!!
Sweet jesus!

QUALITY!!!!!!
BOX
FOAM BOX
STATUE

All Beautiful!!!

I'm taking pics etc, and i'll link etc soon.
Whoever was interested, BUY IT! WORTH IT!

My eyes, i cannot look upon such beauty! LOL

Played through the demo today. Pretty fun, but a lot more directed than I was hoping. Probably something I play through once then not have an urge to play through again (only to get the same experience). Good demo don't get me wrong, but a bit disappointed.

Teknoman

I cant decide whether I want the standard or survival. I mean for 20 extra dollars, you do get some decent stuff. Then again, nowadays you can get the Uncharted 3 special for cheap...

I think someone on the web may have spoiled me. If anyone knows the entire story, can you confirm if true or false?

MAY BE SPOILERS

The guy on a chat said that Ellie kills Joel. Is this true?

MAY BE SPOILERS / END

HOLY FUCK!

Just picked up the 12"Statue

OMG!!!!!
Sweet jesus!

QUALITY!!!!!!
BOX
FOAM BOX
STATUE

All Beautiful!!!

I'm taking pics etc, and i'll link etc soon.
Whoever was interested, BUY IT! WORTH IT!

My eyes, i cannot look upon such beauty! LOL

Very tempted to pick this up. I saw it at EB yesterday and it looked really good.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I think someone on the web may have spoiled me. If anyone knows the entire story, can you confirm if true or false?

MAY BE SPOILERS

The guy on a chat said that Ellie kills Joel. Is this true?

MAY BE SPOILERS / END

For those that know, PM this guy. I don't even want the temptation present in the thread.

krae_man

Okay, I got my ass handed to me every time I used the gun. You'd think I would learn.

The run speed in this game is walking speed in some other games. You need to think before you do anything. I'm loving it.

oti

Banned
Slightly Off-topic:

Austrian newspaper (or magazine, I'm not sure) Heute writes: "The Last of Us is the Official Game of the Will Smith Movie".

BL0JBkHCIAEd7BP.jpg:large

Everything makes sense now.

I really liked the demo. Combat was really visceral and gritty, 1st time ever fighting a Zombie in a videogame that felt exciting and scary.
Completely different from the weightless and floaty melee combat of Dead Island and left4Dead.

Top Bottom