• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part I |OT| You know Ellie, we really are worth 70 dollars

GymWolf

Gold Member
So my copy finished the installation and i need some clarifications:

Is the 4k unlocked framerate mode the way to go? do i have to do something in the console settings or tv (i have a c1)

Do i have to press or do something with the platinum headset to get the 3d audio or i just need to select 3d audio in the game options?

Thanks fellas.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
52339301610_b006e5df36_o.png

52339301665_43dab00365_o.png

52337918322_661da1cd15_o.png

52339301460_8ed09962c1_o.png

ChiefDada

Gold Member
So my copy finished the installation and i need some clarifications:

Is the 4k unlocked framerate mode the way to go? do i have to do something in the console settings or tv (i have a c1)

Do i have to press or do something with the platinum headset to get the 3d audio or i just need to select 3d audio in the game options?

Thanks fellas.

As I just found out today, the locked 4k30 mode feels much better due to 40fps mode being too unstable even with VRR. For 3d audio, I believe only thing you need to do is choose best preset profile for you. There are 5 to choose from I think.

Curious to get your thoughts after you've had some playthrough with the game in terms of visual comparisons with TLOU2.

kyliethicc

also made to get repackaged and sold together with some HD version of Part 2 further down the line.
Nah bet they’re gonna remain separate products. Jimbo wants his money.
(And both games are already in UHD thankfully.)

But there’s obviously a PS5 (and PC) version of Part 2 coming. That ND Guy’s response makes it pretty clear.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I played some of it last night. After finishing both games before, I am still taken back whenever I shoot a guy in the neck and he proceeds to hold his hand over the wound while collapsing to the ground.

Then there are facial animations during takedowns. Unbelievable.

is it pretty safe to say a PS5 'patch' / version of the visual upgrade coming for TLOu 2?

Probably a "Director's Cut" version will be released at some point.

Last edited:

Filldo

Worst visuals: Tommy’s section & winter

Best visuals: Outskirt, Bill’s Town, Courthouse/Museum, Pittsburg
Awe, that’s a bummer as winter is my favorite part of the game. Outskirts was mind blowing with all the rain and water everywhere. I’m with Sam and Henry in the sewers right now and there has been so many amazing moments so far.

kyliethicc

kyliethicc kyliethicc if that snap is recent there we're on the same pace of progression :messenger_beaming:
Yeah I was up late last night got to the big fight in that square, got killed lol. Saved, quit, slept.

about 7 hours in so far I think. loving it.

is it pretty safe to say a PS5 'patch' / version of the visual upgrade coming for TLOu 2?
Yeah I think a PS5 port for Part 2 will be announced soon enough.
Along with the “in development for PC” tag Part 1 has.

Will be a remastered version with the same features as this game.
So both parts can be played back to back and feel bout the same.

Last edited:

saintjules

Maybe once they do the edition where part 1 remake and part 2 are packaged together with the new factions game. I have a feeling they'll bundle them all together after the HBO show hits.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Played until you meet the first group of runners with the old crack addict and edgie on grounded (or everything on grounded with resources on survivor to be precise)

The game is basically tlou2 in 4k with some small improvements here and there, and way less melee variation animation wise, the moveset for joel already feels a bit samey after 3 hours, still great to see and feel, but yeah...

The lack of dodge and prone and the way simpler level design make the game play exactly like tlou 1 with better animations\gunplay\audio design, the ia is the same as tlou 2 with the same strong points and weak points, still far from perfect but noticeably less glitchy than tlou1.

Physics is whatever, literally nothing we havent's seen on many other older games but with better visual fidelity (dah)

For better or worse, the game is EXACTLY what i was expecting, it visually looks modern and slightly better than tlou2, but except for animations and digital acting it really feels like tlou ps3, tlou2 still feels the way better\modern game, from level design to how the cat and mouse stealth play out, to animations variation to cutscene directions to how much personality the enemy factions have to having 2 different playstile in ellie and abby etc.

P.s. not every character got the same treatment, you look at tess and marlene faces and the difference is pretty striking, marlene look much more like the remaster edition.

Last edited:

Pelta88

Playing this on the Penrose headset along with the Dualsense is insane to me.

I'm literally feeling it. I just finished the sewer and damn near took a deep breath when I finally got outside. The game is intense. Too intense :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
I like how marlene constantly say "joel, wank yourself" while i'm with her during a gunfight.

Like girl if you want some sweet joel, why don't you just ask instead of being so vague about it.

I used my wife's gift card for Target to make this purchase feel "free" . . . it's still not showing up til tomorrow. Target took their sweet ass time on this shipment for some reason. It's been almost a week.

GymWolf

Gold Member
There are no more free upgrade patches after the release of Horizon.
So wait, they are gonna sell...a patch? Or another remake?

That doesn't sound right...but coming from sony it's probably the truth:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Well hopefully it's gonna be better than the absolute scam that was the nextgen upgrade of tsushima...

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Looking at GOW:R you'll have to pay up if you wanna upgrade from the PS4 to the PS5 version.
Yeah ok but that is a new game, still kinda scummy but understandable.

But for a 4 years old game? And just to put some basic physics and a 4k mode??

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Yeah ok but that is a new game, still kinda scummy but understandable.

But for a 4 years old game? And just to put some basic physics and a 4k mode??
Sony has said no more free PS5 upgrades, they only did the HFW one for free because they had accidently said it would be for free so they couldn't back paddle on that one without looking really bad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom