• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us PS3 vs PS4 comparison (spoilers!)

npa189

If this is priced correctly and hopefully with some sort of upgrade discount i will bite, best PS3 game hands down and it nearly broke the machine.

Filaipus

Banned
Was it just me that didn't see any model or texture improvement?
The only difference for me was 720 to 1080. Instead of being blurry it was now clear.

cripterion

Seriously people. You are going to spend 60$ again to play the same game you played on ps3, with what, a 5% visual improvement? These next gen remake are really starting to annoy me...

This trailer just made me turn my ps3 back on tho... hehe

But seriously, the ONLY reason i would buy it having a ps4 is because i would have sold my ps3, and im expecting it to be 40$ or less.

Some people didn't play the game dude.

hawk2025

Yep, it's like that trailer Capcom released for the HD version of Resident Evil 4. It's like they intentionally made the original seem blurrier to make it sell better.

For the tenth time, the video is 720p and running at 30fps.

It's less flattering for the PS4 version than whatever terrible mistake Gamespot made with the PS3 one.

Download the proper 1080p/60fps trailer instead if you want to see what it looks like:

http://www.gamersyde.com/download_the_last_of_us_remastered_e3_trailer-32286_en.html

nordique

Looks amazing, but still not a big enough difference for me to warrant a replay nor a re-purchase.

Still, for anyone who missed out on the PS3 this is a must play title. My fav ND game.

Huggers

Terrible video. Doesn't do the Ps3 (or PS4) version justice. Still, reminded me what an incredible game it is. I Wonder Just how many people will be getting to play this for the first time

Lemondish

And resolution! And on top of it, they butcher the PS3 capture.

The video is absolutely hilarious.

Not only that, but there was a noticeable difference between gameplay and cut scenes in the PS3 version. Almost all of that new trailer for the remastered one was made up of cut scenes. I don't think we'll see how big the difference is until they show some proper gameplay at 60fps.

nath999

I can certainly see the difference even though the ps3 version doesn't look that bad but I still don't see enough for me to double dip at full price again. 1080p/60 is the main factor for me at this point. I need to see the gameplay difference if they want my money twice.

kevm3

Looks like they just pumped up the res. The increased frame rate makes the game look like that auto motion plus feature you see on LCDs/LEDs.

Koobion

Is it known if the PS4 version lets you get the trophies a second time?

At first I wasn't going to get this again, but those visuals...

Lemondish

I can certainly see the difference even though the ps3 version doesn't look that bad but I still don't see enough for me to double dip at full price again. 1080p/60 is the main factor for me at this point. I need to see the gameplay difference if they want my money twice.

Before even seeing it I knew I'd be double dipping. The multiplayer at 1080p/60fps is too good to pass up. Not to mention the chance to use the Share button for those amazing times where you're all alone and you take down the entire enemy team like a fucking Predator.

quetz67

Banned
Tomb Raider DE made much more difference.

Hoped for better hair, better geometry and especially more impressive lighting. OK, textures look nicer, but this is mostly for the resolution and frame rate whores.

goonergaz

Seriously people. You are going to spend 60$ again to play the same game you played on ps3, with what, a 5% visual improvement? These next gen remake are really starting to annoy me...

But seriously, the ONLY reason i would buy it having a ps4 is because i would have sold my ps3, and im expecting it to be 40$ or less.

back under the bridge!

goonergaz

Damn it, now I have to play it again...

gutting I know ;)

TBH I'm glad I held of on platting it - I just knew this was going to happen, don't regret one jot playing this day one (I have a couple of SEs) and I won't regret buying this as digital day one for PS4!

Squalor

The people who are complaining about this are hilarious.

Whether other people want to buy it again has nothing to do with you, so shut the fuck up.

You could already play it with a PS4 controller though.

Yeah, until your torch goes out.

They should just show side by side comparison of the gameplay because I would imagine that the gameplay will look noticeably better on the ps4. I can't see much more than a res bump be done to the already pre-rendered cutscenes which were using higher quality assets. Sharper image, better textures, better antialiasing and draw distance will make a difference in real time. Much more so than in these cutscenes.

They aren't changing the gameplay at all, but it will be interesting to see how much of a difference the 60fps response time makes. At the very least it should make running away squealing when I switch the last generator on a little easier.

Yeah, don't tell me how to spend my money, you're not my mother.

play MP again on ps4

all the upgrades

being able to use share functions

remote play to vita (hopefully)

easily buying this again

DryvBy

There's definitely something wrong with GameSpot's footage on the PS3 side. I still have footage of the first two hours captured on my computer (and my capture wasn't the greatest either, but still better than that). Here's a side by side of my capture versus theirs (both are PS3).

Gamespot:
http://i.minus.com/ibbJOx9krhrdye.png[IMG]
Mine (PS3):
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibnWPy7uE1LMO8.png[IMG]

You can see theirs is more blurrier and washed out than it should be especially on Ellie's face (you can't see her freckles), forearm, wrist etc. The PS4 version will look better either way, but this isn't a good comparison since their PS3 footage is fucked up.[/QUOTE]

I think it's the compression. I thought those were a little more muddy than I remembered.

Can someone post non-spoiler screenshots? I have not played this game yet

definately dont watch the trailer then...spoilers abound (even right at the start)

although if you did get spoiled the start bit it wouldn't be the end of the world

(I'd recommend not watching it though)

thenexus6

definately dont watch the trailer then...spoilers abound (even right at the start)

although if you did get spoiled the start bit it wouldn't be the end of the world

(I'd recommend not watching it though)

I know what happens at the start of the game, after that not too much else.

Is the comparison as impressive as GTA V on PS3 - PS4?

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
This actually reminds me of how incredibly good TloU was on PS3.

valkyre

This is BS, the PS3 version was nowhere near that blurry. And yes I am getting the remastered version day 1 , but this aint how the ps3 version looks.

The resolution bump is definitely noticeable and there are some better textures, but otherwise it doesn't look that much different. Curious to see if the gameplay takes a much more noticeable bump.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
That's the worst comparison I've ever seen. The PS3 version is not that blurry, and the PS4 version obviously looks better than that as well. Perhaps the relative difference is somewhat accurate, but this is still BS.

I'm one of the (now) lucky people who never played the original, as a result I'm super hype to play a remaster of what I'm constantly told is the GOTG.

Certinty

Unless I was playing a different game the PS3 version didn't look anywhere near that blurred.

Either way the game was amazing looking on PS3 so I pretty much expected the PS4 version to just look a little better.

Not sure I'll get it though, tried to play through the game again on the PS3 and it bored me. Might wait till it's cheaper I guess.

As someone who borrowed TLoU from a friend to play the single player, I'm looking forward to this release quite a bit. I didn't even touch multiplayer so I'm excited to finally play it.

Bundy

Banned

If it starts to annoy you, maybe you should ignore all these threads about Remasters and ignore these games.
There are tons of different games out there for you.

quickwhips

You can't tell a major difference even when the PS3 captured footage is far blurrier than how it's supposed to be?

I just showed someone else and they said they couldn't tell either. I guess I'm going to die now.

image.php

Top Bottom