• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

Is Grounded really that hard? The hardest last go around of TLoU was quite easy.

Yes. It's brutal and unforgiving. The part where
you get swarmed at the top of the elevator whilst waiting for the door to unlock
was HELL.

Not a spoiler really...but better safe than sorry, lol.

Experien

you get swarmed at the top of the elevator whilst waiting for the door to unlock
was HELL.

Are you talking about
in the basement of the hotel? Cause if so, that was so easy on base-game hardest. Cause the fact you can just get all the supplies before clickers appear from the generator.
Unless this section you mention is from Left Behind, which I never played.

iMax

Zavvi has got it for £35, free shipping. With a 10% off code I had bringing it down to about £32, I couldn't help but double dip.

For reference, Zavvi delivered Wolfenstein and Watch Dogs four days before release for me, but don't take that as definite.

Care to share?

Reule

Is Grounded really that hard? The hardest last go around of TLoU was quite easy.
It's a bit harder than Survivor. I felt like I had to manage my supplies a lot more. The only parts I really struggled with is when
you're alone with Sam in the Sewers and when you're with Henry at the end waiting for the door to open.

Sneaking and not blowing through your ammo during some of the more open conflicts is the way to go.

Are you talking about
in the basement of the hotel? Cause if so, that was so easy on base-game hardest. Cause the fact you can just get all the supplies before clickers appear from the generator.
Unless this section you mention is from Left Behind, which I never played.

Nah, not the basement section, the section where
you and Henry get chased up the stairs of a broken elevator, then get swarmed at the top in a small room, while you wait for Ellie & Sam to open the door so you can get out

Reule

Nah, not the basement section, the section where
you and Henry get chased up the stairs of a broken elevator, then get swarmed at the top in a small room, while you wait for Ellie & Sam to open the door so you can get out
Yeah, that's frustrating.
I ended up throwing all my good stuff and running around through the doorways till it opened. What I had done on Survivor was throw a smoke bomb after the first wave. That seemed to buy a lot of time for the door to open.

Game gets really intense on Grounded.

I booted it up the other day after months and found the multiplayer to be a lot different--but most of what I saw was cosmetic (characters with masks have muffled voices, which seems like a cool touch). Looks like they changed the loadout balance a bit too, since I had to rebuild my crafter setup because it's more points now. What else has changed? What's broken?

I haven't returned to multiplayer since...maybe last summer or fall. All the issues have been of the game's framework and the campaign.

So far:

• Game takes several minutes to go from start up to where the logo pops up in the lower right corner.
  • Another several minutes from there to the warning and start menu.
  • Campaign takes a long time to load.
  • Some parts become jittery/jumpy, such as when Joel
    and his family get into the car
    in the beginning.
  • Dialogue audio isn't synced up with animation anymore. About a second to two second lag.

I lost patience with all the issues. All the DLC is downloaded, and I'm on a 500GB White. I haven't played since before Left Behind was released, and was on an 80GB 'Fat' system. I'll try uninstalling the game data and reinstalling, but it's odd how the game is now behaving.

I haven't returned to multiplayer since...maybe last summer or fall. All the issues have been of the game's framework and the campaign.

So far:

• Game takes several minutes to go from start up to where the logo pops up in the lower right corner.
    in the beginning.
  • Dialogue audio isn't synced up with animation anymore. About a second to two second lag.

I lost patience with all the issues. All the DLC is downloaded, and I'm on a 500GB White. I haven't played since before Left Behind was released, and was on an 80GB 'Fat' system. I'll try uninstalling the game data and reinstalling, but it's odd how the game is now behaving.

Sheesh, good thing I didn't dive into the campaign again. Holding out to play it on the PS4, just wanted to make sure I still enjoyed the multiplayer.

I have a phat 80gb as well (from the MGS4 bundle back in '09) and it screams whenever I play TLoU--looking forward to playing it on a system that doesn't weep during playback.

Yeah, I'm gonna create a new one nearer the time I think if no one has any objections.

Great idea! We are going to have a lot of new players to the multiplayer, as well as people jumping back in who moved on from the ps3, so a new thread would be welcome. I had so many great times playing with gaffers.

billy323

Banned

So far:

in the beginning.

Game always took a log time to load but the jittery animation was know to be cause by a bluray drive starting to fail as all the animation data is stored on the second layer of the disc

velociraptor

Every time I see this thread pop up I'm hoping to see some gameplay footage.

nJp-waiting-for-tlou-gameplay-still-waiting.jpg

image.jpg

zlatko

Banned
I hope to see a big GAF presence in the MP side of things. I hear a lot of good things about it being similar to Gears of War 1 in a lot of ways.

Any ex Gear Heads picking this up feel free to PSN add me away for this.

OutlawOcelot

Just add a message that says "gaf" and I'll auto add.

Vitanimus

I hope to see a big GAF presence in the MP side of things. I hear a lot of good things about it being similar to Gears of War 1 in a lot of ways.

OutlawOcelot

It's really great. I never played the series but I heard many favorable comparisons to SOCOM. It's slow and tactical.

Sheesh, good thing I didn't dive into the campaign again. Holding out to play it on the PS4, just wanted to make sure I still enjoyed the multiplayer.

I have a phat 80gb as well (from the MGS4 bundle back in '09) and it screams whenever I play TLoU--looking forward to playing it on a system that doesn't weep during playback.

Had the very same system in order to finally dive into the MGS series, and was a bit sad to retire it once I could no longer make room for new releases.

Hopefully the issue lies with corruption upon data transfer between the two models.
Game always took a log time to load but the jittery animation was know to be cause by a bluray drive starting to fail as all the animation data is stored on the second layer of the disc

It did, but everything is far more pronounced though. What once was a minute to a few in loading is now nearly 5-10 minutes. Same with animations, and never had issues with the audio synch. Seems to be a fairly common issue after the Grounded DLC/patch 1.6/7 though from what I'm seeing in various communities. Hopefully reinstalling will solve the issue.

OutlawOcelot

By any chance were you a Gearheads of War member?

TLOU's Factions (save for a few imbalances) is one of the freshest and most underrated multiplayer experiences in recent years.

Best when played with friends, immensely tactical, and has terrific core gameplay. If it had more gametypes and spectator mode it'd be near-perfect IMO.

It definitely has elements of Gears, SOCOM, and even Splinter Cell, but to me it feels sufficiently original.

If you somehow missed it on PS3, do yourself a favor and get Remastered.

Also stay on the lookout for a big tourney in August!

TLOU's Factions (save for a few imbalances) is one of the freshest and most underrated multiplayer experiences in recent years.

Best when played with friends, immensely tactical, and has terrific core gameplay. If it had more gametypes and spectator mode it'd be near-perfect IMO.

It definitely has elements of Gears and even Splinter Cell, but to me it feels sufficiently original.

Aside from how easy it was to screw yourself over early on in Factions to make winning impossible in the end, I really enjoyed the multiplayer before the problems introduced around the time of Interrogations release.

Hopefully the mp will be populated fairly well when Remastered is released.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member

It definitely has elements of Gears, SOCOM, and even Splinter Cell, but to me it feels sufficiently original.

That horrible matchmaking though..
2nd APOCALYPSE on PS4 ? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Åesop;117917915 said:
That horrible matchmaking though..
2nd APOCALYPSE on PS4 ? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Haha what upsets me most about matchmaking is the fact that I still get party split on a regular basis (same as UC3, same as UC2). Wish they'd fix that. And as a rule of thumb I wish there was some kind of penalty for quitting.

Apocalypse was just the beginning. ;)

AKyemeni

Mah man.

Didn't know you had an account. Thought you just lurked ;)

Weird that so close to release, we haven't seen any gameplay footage.

I do think it will look glorious though AND be 60 fps. I feel like Naughty Dog are really taking this seriously.

Well, they aren't exactly going to be taking a half-assed approach for sure. :p

Moozo

@AskPlayStation: If you pre-ordered TLOU: Remastered for PS4 before the pricing change, the difference will be refunded automatically.

Refund me if posted

lmbotiva

Weird that so close to release, we haven't seen any gameplay footage.

I do think it will look glorious though AND be 60 fps. I feel like Naughty Dog are really taking this seriously.

Well, they aren't exactly going to be taking a half-assed approach for sure. :p
ND is not one to hype their games on any media but recently we've seen tweets from their programmers about how hard they're working on the game and what not, I feel rather worried about it since I love the game so much but there's nothing else we can do but wait

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
ND is not one to hype their games on any media but recently we've seen tweets from their programmers about how hard they're working on the game and what not, I feel rather worried about it since I love the game so much but there's nothing else we can do but wait
Why would people saying they're working hard on it make you worried?

I completely skipped it on PS3 so I'm looking forward to this. I watched some videos of it recently for the first time and it definitely looks right up my alley.

Betty

Banned
If they're so confident on the product how come we haven't seen absolutely no gameplay at all? That's what has my worried

Maybe they'd rather spend time finishing the game than preparing a gameplay demonstration. You can always hold off for a few days to see how the game handles in the hands of consumers before jumping in.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
If they're so confident on the product how come we haven't seen absolutely no gameplay at all? That's what has my worried
Probably because all footage needs to go through Sony PR and it's an even bigger pain if you want to put out 60fps footage. It sounds like there's just an handful of programmers working on the game, they'll just want to focus on getting it done.

Crayons

Banned
Questions

The Last of Us Spoilers

I'm up to the part where I get Ellie to the fireflies in the hospital she's about to go through surgery, is there much left to the game or am I basically finished? Don't spoil me.

Questions

The Last of Us Spoilers

I'm up to the part where I get Ellie to the fireflies in the hospital she's about to go through surgery, is there much left to the game or am I basically finished? Don't spoil me.

You are on the last level. Depending on the difficulty setting you probably have between twenty minutes and an hour left.

Caode

Questions

The Last of Us Spoilers

Not too long to go, almost there.

Vinc

Questions

The Last of Us Spoilers

You're basically done. Keep going, don't stop.

was HELL.

Oh god...that's the hardest part of the entire game for me personally. On my Survivor playthrough, I made damn sure I was well equipped with everything you could think of before reaching that point. It's gonna piss me the fuck off when I finally play it on grounded.

I can't wait.

Top Bottom