• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Remastered has gone gold!

Vinc

If I'm not wrong on PS4 it won't have pre-rendered cutscenes like PS3.

They're actually still pre-rendered, just re-rendered in 1080/60. I'm pretty sure it's because it would have been way too much wasted time trying to run them natively on PS4 as they were built for their custom stacked PS3 hardware to render.

Shin-Ra

Ca1p9Pn.gif
We all know whose orifice is ready for this.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
You guys I'm so CONCERNED about how they aren't showing the gameplays how do we KNOW it's really 1080p/60fps what if it's really 640i/22fps guys my hands are wringing i can't stop WORRYING about this videogame product

DieH@rd

Banned
If I'm not wrong on PS4 it won't have pre-rendered cutscenes like PS3.

No, PS4 version will have pre-rendered cutscenes [offline render of game engine].

Cutscenes are sometimes needed to hide loading, to showcase much larger amount of assets [for example 50 detailed chars of screen, better "cinematic" lighting], to show quick jumps between totally different areas [that cant fit in ram], or sometimes even detailed char performance sessions that are only binded to HQ models.

I´m ready to enjoy this masterpiece once again. Also recall the good times with TLOU-GAF in its multiplayer.

Bring it on!

EDIT: Who´s doing the OT?

ethomaz

Banned
It will play exactly like the PS3 version, it's the same game lol.
Well it not play like PS3 version... the controls will be more responsive in 60fps... and the graphics are upped too ;)

30 to 60fps affect gameplay.

Edit - Responsible lol

reKon

Banned
That would be awesome if they didn't show any footage from the game until the release date. Thrist levels and the anger from some people on GAF would be incredible.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
That it's just a res/framerate boost port.

That's the bulk of what it is, though. If you're expecting massively redone lighting and character models, that's not going to happen. The improvements in those areas will surely be subtle. Have ND set an expectation for you that those things will be massively improved, or did you just let your imagination run wild?

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
No proper trailer or footage? They want people to blindly buy this by showing it won more than 100 awards?. I loved the game and all but this is ridicules. Not cool, not cool.

jediyoshi

No proper trailer or footage? They want people to blindly buy this by showing it won more than 100 awards?. I loved the game and all but this is ridicules. Not cool, not cool.

They could rerelease the footage they've already shown, would that work?

EL CUCO

Yeah, i know it's not pre-load enabled for some strange reason. Sony trying to throw me a curveball and doubt my decision to go digital only for everything.

Haha Destiny will be my first official digital purchase. I might still go Digital on this one if Sony offers an upgrade plan from PS3.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Well it not play like PS3 version... the controls will be more responsible in 60fps... and the graphics are upped too ;)

30 to 60fps affect gameplay.

I know people love to bang that drum, but a game that plays as slowly and deliberately as this will not be appreciably affected by 60fps for most people. Yes, it will be objectively more responsive, but I question whether it will change the amount of skill a player is actually able to express. We're not talking about Street Fighter here.

Top Bottom