• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Remastered has gone gold!

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
No proper trailer or footage? They want people to blindly buy this by showing it won more than 100 awards?. I loved the game and all but this is ridicules. Not cool, not cool.

Yeah, people will be blindly buying this game that already came out last year, won tons of acclaim, and sold 6 million copies or whatever. HOW WILL THE POOR CONSUMERS BE INFORMED ABOUT THIS PRODUCT???

Raptor

iHcmnGP7UT4Rc.gif

AdanVC

Cool! But I wonder why there's no video, trailer or pics of the remastered version when we're 3 weeks away of release????

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Yeah, people will be blindly buying this game that already came out last year, won tons of acclaim, and sold 6 million copies or whatever. HOW WILL THE POOR CONSUMERS BE INFORMED ABOUT THIS PRODUCT???

Whats up with this hostility? Just calm the fuck down. I bought the game for 60$ when it was released, i need to see a footage to spend the money again if its worth it. Is it too much to ask? Jesus man.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Cool! But I wonder why there's no video, trailer or pics of the remastered version when we're 3 weeks away of release????

Because it's totally fake. There is no TLoU remastered. Sony is just lying to sell more PS4s even though it has no games at all this year.

Strictly

What do we even know about the GTAV port? Have we seen more of that than of this remaster?

Not much beyond the trailer which was a Gameplay footage, albeit from cut scene angles typical of Rockstar trailers.

Anyway, from past experience, I can imagine where this discussion will inevitably lead to so I will leave it at that.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Whats up with this hostility? Just calm the fuck down. I bought the game for 60$ when it was released, i need to see a footage to spend the money again if its worth it. Is it too much to ask? Jesus man.
And there is some sort of time bomb ticking right now?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Welp, let the Black Friday hype train begin when this game is dropped to $30 bucks that day!
Hopefully! ;_;

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

And you'll obviously have the opportunity to see it before you buy it. Why waste your time worrying about it beforehand? I'm not trying to be hostile but I will continue to mock people for the hand-wringing and conspiracy theorizing.

Not much beyond the trailer which was a Gameplay footage, albeit from cut scene angles typical of Rockstar trailers.

Anyway, from past experience, I can imagine where this discussion will inevitably lead to so I will leave it at that.

I'm not leading anything anywhere nor do I know where you think it will lead based on your experience. I'm just prompting the worriers to really articulate their concerns concretely so we can all discuss whether they are rational and valid.

djshauny

Banned

Videogames mate.

Its serious buisness ;)

benny_a

No gameplay = no sale!

Sorry but I will not get cheated like this.
Imagine if it just plays like The Last of Us the game that most decisively has won any GAF Game of the Year award in its history.

We need to be vigilant and not let us be cheated like that!

Lakitu

st5fu
The best single-player cinematic experience I've played for a long time. Amazing all the way through. I payed off my pre-order yesterday. Give it to me.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Imagine if it just plays like The Last of Us the game that most decisively has won any GAF Game of the Year award in its history.

Nice way to be an jerk. Some people are not fanboys and want to know if the game is actually worth rebuying for the upgrades. A nice indication of those upgrades being worth it would to actually see gameplay of the game. Quit being an asshat to people are aren't blindly buying the game because of it's enormously obnoxious vocal fanbase who must defend the game at every turn.

Raptor

I will not buy something I haven't seen at all ever, and that I don't know what resolution will be or what framerate will have, untill I have seen it will my own eyes what Im dealing with I will be treating this as vaporware.

Yes sir, this is vaporware!!!

benny_a

Nice way to be an jerk. Some people are not fanboys and want to know if the game is actually worth rebuying for the upgrades. A nice indication of those upgrades being worth it would to actually see gameplay of the game. Quit being an asshat to people are aren't blindly buying the game because of it's enormously obnoxious fanboy fanbase
Blindbly buying the game? I've been advocating to wait until an independent third party releases gameplay footage, like Gamersyde and Digital Foundry does their analysis for those that are so very concerned about this release.

So, maybe you quit being whatever word you use to attack someone on a forum because you're somehow mad?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Awesome I can't wait to pay it for the first time! Held off on buying it for the PS3 because of the sub-30 analysis, but with the upgrade to 60 on this I can get this without worries. I'll leave before people start getting weird again talking about shoving things in their butt.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Nice way to be an jerk. Some people are not fanboys and want to know if the game is actually worth rebuying for the upgrades. A nice indication of those upgrades being worth it would to actually see gameplay of the game. Quit being an asshat to people are aren't blindly buying the game because of it's enormously obnoxious fanboy fanbase

Nobody has to blindly buy anything. In fact, the game isn't even in stores yet, so buying it would be sort of pointless. Anyone who isn't sure it's worth it can find out if it's worth it before they buy it. I understand that people want that information now, but the driveby concern posts are a bit of a plague on TLoU threads.

Talking about the posters ostracizing people worried about buying the game because there's no footage out there.

I'm very sorry I certainly didn't intend to ostracize anyone! I hope they find their way back to the forum in safety and good health.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
you and the goat probably

people want to see the changes and its a bit strange that sony is not showing some footage for a game thats less than a month away

Hey, I get that. I want to see the changes myself! It's the framing it as a deeply worrying cover-up that is grating and obnoxious.

Anyway, for comparison, how much footage did Sony show of the God of War collection before release? How about the Team Ico collection? This is an honest question but I believe the answer is just a trailer or two. I may be wrong.

reKon

Banned
Nice way to be an jerk. Some people are not fanboys and want to know if the game is actually worth rebuying for the upgrades. A nice indication of those upgrades being worth it would to actually see gameplay of the game. Quit being an asshat to people are aren't blindly buying the game because of it's enormously obnoxious vocal fanbase who must defend the game at every turn.

I'm absolutely certain it's useless to worry about this remaster. But unfortunately it seems like people are really stressing themselves out. The concerns would be a bit more understandable if it wasn't Naughty Dog handling the port, but they are!

Never played it but the impressions always leave me worried.

Whenever I ask how the game was people always respond by saying it has a great story, characters and cinematics.

It's rare anyone ever says anything about the actual gameplay or world design and that's what I value the most.

For me you should be able to take out the story, characters (have them as plain models) and cinematics and still have a great gaming experience at the core. My impression is that I wouldn't have that with The Last of Us.

reKon

Banned

Whenever I ask how the game was people always respond by saying it has a great story, characters and cinematics.

It's rare anyone ever says anything about the actual gameplay or world design and that's what I value the most.

For me you should be able to take out the story, characters (have them as plain models) and cinematics and still have a great gaming experience at the core. My impression is that I wouldn't have that with The Last of Us.

I haven't played this, but my impression is that playing the game on hard with listening mode is the proper way to experience and enjoy the game for veteran gamers

DieH@rd

Banned

I found gameplay and world design to be one of the strongest parts of the game. Game has incredible atmosphere, no matter if you are in combat [which is incredibly tight, and allows users excellent traversal options], exploration or gathering/crafting of materials. Destroyed and beautiful world represents pinacle of PS3 visual might, and ND did excellent job infusing the world with background stories of past survivors [and victims]. Plus, Joel and Ellie have total different interaction with the world. Ellie is curious and wants to know more about "ordinary life", while Joel everywhere sees only death.

TLOU is simply best game ND made, they improved all areas of their previous projects.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

I've seen plenty of people praise the combat and the world. Some other people don't find the core action of the game to be that great. The environmental art and detail is among the best ever created and I'm not sure that can be disputed. The actual level design seemed good to me, but I don't know if it's anything special.

I thought the combat was pretty good, and I liked the mix of stealth and brutality, the deliberate, tactical pacing, and the feeling of shooting an arrow through a guy's head. The combat areas lend themselves to lots of mobility and dynamic encounters. The shooting controls aren't the best, but as you upgrade your skills they start to feel better. Melee is awesomely satisfying and throwing bricks is the shit.

Strictly

The gameplay is nothing to write home about, but it does what it needs to do well enough. The experience however, is what really sells the game.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm absolutely certain it's useless to worry about this remaster. But unfortunately it seems like people are really stressing themselves out. The concerns would be a bit more understandable if it wasn't Naughty Dog handling the port, but they are!
It is useless but damn if people can't be concerned about something they want to spend their money on. It'd be nice if they could show something on the game prerelease so people know if it's worth buying again for the upgrades.

benny_a

I feel so sad that my post isn't being responded to. And I was looking forward to being insulted again.

Top Bottom