• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Remastered has gone gold!

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I just read on prisonplanet's gaming section that Alex Jones said the reason they haven't released any gameplay footage yet is because they were doing daily builds until today so the game was a work in progress and the graphics is the only thing that is different so they want to be accurate.

Of course this is Alex Jones, but he is right about other things like the Illuminati and such. (Bobby Koticksthein controls the NWO.)

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
is there any discount for us who bought the PS3 digitally?

More concern? Dude didn't;'t you get the memo. stop asking these questions. You will be labelled as troll. You have to say you will buy this game, 50$ is too little for this masterpiece.

I really want to play this, but I am moving to Oz and in the process of selling my PS4 :(. I guess I will have to pick it up over there at a later point.

Nipo

You know for $42 off amazon (after using the 15% discount for giftcards coupon) the remaster is definitely a day one. hell, I can even knock it down to $37 if i install that amazon one button app.

HardRojo

Are you sure? I would reconsider a few......

The $50 for those who use their discounts in BestBuy to bring the price down?

More concern? Dude didn't;'t you get the memo. stop asking these questions. You will be labelled as troll. You have to say you will buy this game, 50$ is too little for this masterpiece.
I haven't followed the thread but did anyone focus on attacking you or something in this thread? Why the attitude?

ipc80hIYmuoKH.jpg

iyQxurRaq0CiU.jpg

It's over, period. Sony lost their last ace, and that's the end of their PS4 hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for PS4. Sony has nothing left, nothing they can reveal tomorrow would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest in a PS4. Except if they want to play Uncharted. Which will also come to XBOX ONE at some point.

The age of Sony is done.

HORRORSHØW

you're just making a fool out of yourself at this point. just stop, please.

Darknight

I dont think this is a thing so I dont know why this keep being brought up, honestly. This may happen with smaller PSN/XBL titles but this is a full retail release.

Not to mention, this includes the SP DLC so its not a 1:1 product. So I dont see why you would keep asking for this.

Same with those who bought the Season Pass. There were rumors this was coming to PS4, that meant the SP DLC was gonna be ported too. So I chose not to buy and spend an extra $20 on it. Turns out I made the right choice as I really wanted to play the SP DLC so that $20 is now going to this $50 product which means Im really spending $30 for it.

Anyways the fact of the matter is, there is not precedent for this thing you want. Tomb Raider Remaster was full price and there wasnt some discount from the digital version. I doubt anything like this will happen. (The cross console games ala BF4 were a once a gen thing) Try to not buy Digital Versions if you want to do this "upgrade thing" in the future.(ie Sell your old copy to use the money as a discount on the new version) Just remember that Digital vs Physical all have positives and negatives.

Zack117

Banned
Didn't get a chance to play Destiny yet, but I'm not sure if they'll reach the heights of Halo 2's MP again.

Don't worry. They won't. Destiny MP moves much more on the CoD rail, than on the classic Halo arena... unfortunately. Very unfortunately.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I dont think this is a thing so I dont know why this keep being brought up, honestly. This may happen with smaller PSN/XBL titles but this is a full retail release.
This question was asked on the PS Blog and the PS person said they will investigate it.

Jolkien

Really wish they'd do a rebate for PS3 owner of the game. I'll probably end up buying it anyway and that's the reason there's no rebate. Oh well

Shin-Ra

What this game really needs is some killer partical effects like the loading screen on PS3 had when around the infected or in the high concentrated pore zones. That would impress me more than anything.
That loading screen effect was used during gameplay for dust and spores.

Could someone please elaborate on what exactly I'm looking at here?
Code for Horace & The Spiders.

Bill in 1080p at 60fps! I can't wait!
ibdzCyciJx1ZU7.gif

icespide

Banned
If that was the case then we would have at least seen an E3 stagedemo like the PS3 version had ;)

That they kept updating the graphics until very late probably makes the most sense.

if Sony had done a stage demo for a year old PS3 game they would have been chastised like crazy

While the graphics in the main game were amazing, was anyone amazed more by the graphics during the
carousel section
in the Left Behind DLC? I spent a good 10 minutes just marvelling at that area, i couldn't believe it was running on my PS3. Can't wait to see it again on PS4.

Not really a spoiler above, btw. Thought i might as well spoiler tag it anyway, though. I know how sensitive some people are to them (myself included).

There is three perfectly good reasons for my PS4 Purchase on Launch day.

1. I sold my Xbox 360 and now i had to go play GTA V on my new PS4 (Guess again!)
2. To own a console and therefor have access to the upcoming squeal to Red Dead Redemption.(Ohh yeah, im in it for the long haul)
3. To play the next Naughty Dog release (They had to make a TLOU sequal right? The rest of us or some sort.)

Today i can finally say, in less than 30 days. There is a viable reason for me to own a PS4.

Darknight

This question was asked on the PS Blog and the PS person said they will investigate it.

They should of shot it down since I suppose they got people's hopes ups. Im a realist so Im gonna say this wont ever happen. Expect the worst, I mean you'd think they'd have made a blog post regarding this "upgrade" already since we are weeks away from release.

People should just tweet a ND dev and be done with it. They might give us a quicker reply but like I said, expect for this to not happen. You have to understand this is like getting Bioshock and once Bioshock Game of The Year version comes out, you want a reduced upgrade. That never happened nor will happen.

It's over, period. Sony lost their last ace, and that's the end of their PS4 hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for PS4. Sony has nothing left, nothing they can reveal tomorrow would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest in a PS4. Except if they want to play Uncharted. Which will also come to XBOX ONE at some point.

The age of Sony is done.

oh crap well played!

I vaguely remember reading something that ND would have an upgrade plan or at least try to have one.

I managed to nab a copy for £30 thanks to Vashetti, so I'm pretty pleased. Although I still think charging full price for this is obscene...

Corto

I vaguely remember reading something that ND would have an upgrade plan or at least try to have one.

I managed to nab a copy for £30 thanks to Vashetti, so I'm pretty pleased. Although I still think charging full price for this is obscene...

I am a bit uneasy with this trend too. I personally will deal with it not buying at full price and wait for a lower price. If there is an upgrade option I'll jump on that if my retail copy is eligible.

OsirisBlack

Banned
I wonder what all was changed, them keeping this so closely guarded and not releasing any footage is making me super curious.

EL CUCO

This will be the first time ever I'm playing TLOU.

Looking forward to it.

I envy TLOU first timers. That's why IF they release remastered footage, I'm staying away from it. I want to be as surprised and amazed as I can be, all over again :)

Never played it but the impressions always leave me worried.

Whenever I ask how the game was people always respond by saying it has a great story, characters and cinematics.

It's rare anyone ever says anything about the actual gameplay or world design and that's what I value the most.

For me you should be able to take out the story, characters (have them as plain models) and cinematics and still have a great gaming experience at the core. My impression is that I wouldn't have that with The Last of Us.

well then this is exactly for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKzVwbs-lsg

spoiler free for the first 9-10 minutes

HTK

Banned
This is the only game that delivered for me personally on the Single Player and Multiplayer end. MP doesn't get much attention and I consider it the best TPS of last generation.

Will be double dipping without a doubt.

Phamit

Never played Last of Us, because i didnt had any of the last gen console, so I am really looking forward to it.

But I really like to see some footage of the Remaster. I hope they show a little bit soon.

Top Bottom