• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Rip

Does Bestbuy ship preorders so you receive the game on release day like Amazon?

Anyone have experience with this? Dont really want to have to go to the store.

Hubb

Does Bestbuy ship preorders so you receive the game on release day like Amazon?

Anyone have experience with this? Dont really want to have to go to the store.

What shipping speed did you select? I know Amazon offers release day shipping on most of their games, but that depends if you have Prime or pay the shipping. If you did standard or free shipping I wouldn't expect it there release day. It could be, but it probably wont be.

Rip

What shipping speed did you select? I know Amazon offers release day shipping on most of their games, but that depends if you have Prime or pay the shipping. If you did standard or free shipping I wouldn't expect it there release day. It could be, but it probably wont be.

I am an elite plus member at BB, so I select expedited, which is free. Guess it probably wont get here on Tuesday.

Sami+

I could probably get it a day early at a local shop, but I want to wait for Photo Mode before starting anyway so there's not much point.

1oGE4ss.png

TUni5It.png

Fuckin' Tom Chick, man

Yeah but what the fuck site is that anyway. More egregious to me is Polygon. I never realized they gave it a FUCKING 75!!?? I hope Phillip Kollar never lives that one down and was castigated thoroughly by the entire online community as well as his friends and peers.

Now I remember why I ignore polygon.

antitrop

Yeah but what the fuck site is that anyway. More egregious to me is Polygon. I never realized they gave it a FUCKING 75!!?? I hope Phillip Kollar never lives that one down and was castigated thoroughly by the entire online community as well as his friends and peers.

You already missed our discussion about how Phil Kollar sucked at the game and didn't understand the story.

But we had one.

And this:
amX07Pv_460sa.gif

93xfan

Banned
Did they seriously omit movement-induced clothing wrinkles? That's bad. That's worse than any shadow downgrade in my eyes.

Yes. They are now just static wrinkles.

Add in the complete lack of gameplay by ND leading up to release (save for some bull shots they released about a week ago).

Come on guys this was over one year ago, the game went on to be one of the best games a lot of people (including me) have ever played, with lots of critical acclaim and high ratings all across the board. Unfortunately you will have the oddballs that disagree with this, but not giving attention to this thing (which is what they wanted), will make them less prone to do this kind of review again

Canucked

Fuck, really? My amazon.ca order still has not shipped and I paid for release date delivery...

I actually don't have release day delivery. But I got it during the E3 sale. I have prime though but it's not even two day shipping. It shipped thursday and has a delivery date of wednesday.

Amazon.ca is the worst for videogames...

antitrop

I don't get it.

"EPISODE 3'S UNFORGETTABLE VILLAIN MADE ME FEEL LIKE A BAD GUY...IN A GOOD WAY"

"Early on, I slowed down between encounters to ease The Last of Us' tension; by the end, I was pausing because I felt like a bad person doing bad things. It's a seemingly intentional choice, but the game struggles to justify it with the same ease that Joel justifies murder. I want games to strive for more than pure entertainment value, and Naughty Dog is trying. But I couldn't find any deeper meaning in the horrible events in The Last of Us."

Gavin996

Unconfirmed Member

"Early on, I slowed down between encounters to ease The Last of Us' tension; by the end, I was pausing because I felt like a bad person doing bad things. It's a seemingly intentional choice, but the game struggles to justify it with the same ease that Joel justifies murder. I want games to strive for more than pure entertainment value, and Naughty Dog is trying. But I couldn't find any deeper meaning in the horrible events in The Last of Us."

Oh I see lol.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Edit: Never mind. I read over the part where the OT already answered the question.

This might be my first digital pre-order!

StuBurns

Banned

I bet they give it a better score this time.

They're Time magazine rereviewing Bonnie and Clyde.

Come on guys this was over one year ago, the game went on to be one of the best games a lot of people (including me) have ever played, with lots of critical acclaim and high ratings all across the board. Unfortunately you will have the oddballs that disagree with this, but not giving attention to this thing (which is what they wanted), will make them less prone to do this kind of review again

Agreed. Sorry, it's new to me. I was avoiding reviews/spoilers when the game came out the first time. I am super curious to see the remastered review from them now. that should be good...

LOL.

I knew there was a reason they refused to show the game.

Lucky for me I saw this coming and canclled my amazon order a week and a half ago.

Top Bottom