• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I worded my question badly; why would twitch want to take down streams in this situation unless asked by a publisher?
Maybe it's the same as with Gamersyde. Twitch got informed about an embargo that you can't show gameplay and are thus triking people down that show gameplay using their service.

Or twitch just bans pre-release footage for games in general. They did it with Thief as well.

Sx7GeKE.png

Can't wait to start playing when I get home after breaking fast :D

Zero fucks given here about the shadows, 60fps all day. I'd much rather look at the odd ugly shadow than play the entire game at half the frames...but that's just me.

The difference in the shadows might be pretty big, but the difference in 30fps comped to 60fps is much bigger. I'm curious to see if some people actually change it to 30fps, and keep it there, after playing in 60fps (which is the default setting).

Shredderi

No publisher or developer wants to see their game streamed/leaked all over youtube etc. before the official release. I mean there is a reason why release dates exist. Twitch closes all channels which stream games not out yet early.

Maybe it's the same as with Gamersyde. Twitch got informed about an embargo that you can't show gameplay and are thus triking people down that show gameplay using their service.

Or twitch just bans pre-release footage for games in general. They did it with Thief as well.

This more or less answers my question. Thank you gentlemen, carry on. I've been trying to find the sony gold headset but it's sold out almost everywhere in my city. Didn't realise it was this popular. Just gonna have to hope for a speedy delivery from an online retailer I guess...

Mdk7

So, i've finally completed my fanart... but i'm not convinced about which way to go now: please help me GAF! :D
The design is definitely going on a tee, i came up with two alternatives:

TLOUcolors_zps269b95f0.jpg

I was thinking about adding the Fireflies logo in red on the black and white version versus leaving the colored one as it is

TLOU_Tees_zps059b7577.jpg

What do you guys say? D'you like it?
Thanks!!

30 FPS

1CXZktD.jpg

60 FPS

OTb8Flj.jpg

30FPS

3wZ7T0G.jpg

60 FPS

f872fPn.jpg

30 FPS

wPiffeH.jpg

60 FPS

PppPSmK.jpg

There's still a noticeable difference in these pics, but not nearly as pronounced. In the first comparison, you can barely even tell.

Damn, I thought every shadow was worse at 60fps....these barely show a difference, if any at all. Awesome. Can't wait for next Friday!

Damn you Americans and your Tuesday release!

GavinUK86

So, i've finally completed my fanart... but i'm not convinced about which way to go now: please help me GAF! :D

I was thinking about adding the Fireflies logo in red on the black and white version versus leaving the colored one as it is

Thanks!!
I like the b/w with the red Firefly logo. I'd buy both though!

kinggroin

Banned
No Ambient Occlusion? Guess I'm not buying

If someone can prove to me that there is ambient occlusion at the same sample level as the ps3 version, then I will buy the game. Otherwise I'm not buying a game that's missing the ambient occlusion at the sample level, of the ps3 version.

3DShovel

Thanks!!

Damn dude, put this on red bubble or something similar. I'd buy in a heart beat.

Also, only a couple more days until I get to hop into this beast. :)

GavinUK86

If someone can prove to me that there is ambient occlusion at the same sample level as the ps3 version, then I will buy the game. Otherwise I'm not buying a game that's missing the ambient occlusion at the sample level, of the ps3 version.

Lol. I really hope that was sarcasm.

Please tell me it was sarcasm.

Thanks!!

I personally like the grey one on the left more

There is a clear difference between the two versions but not as stark as the original comparison made it out to be. Safe to say, I think for most 30 fps will be relegated to photo mode.

Thanks!!

The coloured one. Both instances. Also wow.

Thanks!!

Both are awesome, but I would buy the coloured one on Red Bubble if I had the chance. Nice job, man!

Fingers crossed, hey. I guess you'll stay out of the OT if you don't buy the game?

Epcott

I've never played the game or even watched a playthrough. So many comments here about how sub par the visuals are. Is it woth getting?

I've never played the game or even watched a playthrough. So many comments here about how sub par the visuals are. Is it woth getting?

All from people who also have not played the game on PS4. From what I have read those that have played it are saying it is among the vest looking games.

Hopefully this time there will less lttp threads from people that only played a couple of hours saying it doesn't live up to the hype.
It gets better people. A LOT better.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Depends. Do you like third person action adventure games?

This game has stealth and shooting and story.

Epcott

All from people who also have not played the game on PS4. From what I have read those that have played it are saying it is among the vest looking games.

Thanks!

Depends. Do you like third person action adventure games?

This game has stealth and shooting and story.

Yes truly. But I'm looking for a game with longevity as well. One that has enough substance to sustain one well after the main story. I guess that depends on the MP.

Hugstable

Banned

Thanks!!

That's actually pretty well done! Are you gonna be producing and selling any of the shirts with that design? Great Clicker art.

Definitely, definitely buy it. I promise you won't regret it.

In terms of sub-par visuals....LOL:

ipa05h58Das2f.jpg

14564767319_c59ac05ce6_o.png

i00jl5DGOgF3u.jpg

There's one user on GAF (can't remember his/her name) who said that the game looks better in motion and that screenshots don't do it justice. So, yeah....

Anyone who says this game looks "sub-par" is straight up trolling.

Gbraga

Yes truly. But I'm looking for a game with longevity as well. One that has enough substance to sustain one well after the main story. I guess that depends on the MP.

Oh, definitely. Not only multiplayer, the replay value of the campaign is considerably high. New game +, new difficulty modes (I recommend starting on hard and turning off listen mode), writer and actors commentary mode for cutscenes, hand crafted encounters for you to experiment with instead of just finding some cover with a sniper rifle sitting next to it and killing waves of enemies, strategic combat instead of bullet sponges and the list goes on.

Will definitely do, i just need to choose which one. :)
Thanks for the appreciation!

Why not both?

I vote for the colored one, fuck fireflies.

Top Bottom