• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered -PS4- $59.99 (SEN Store mistake/leak)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymphae

Banned
It's the beginning of this gen though..

The system launched 6 months ago. I expected more than 1 PS+ freebie that I'd want to play.

Compare the last 6 months of PS4 and PS3 plus offerings. Yes, the system is new, but there should be SOME kind of attempt to make PS4 + subscribers feeling like they're getting content on par with what the Vita and PS3 get.

I'm actually okay with it being $60.. there was a lot of people who had a 360 last gen (like me) that just bought a PS4 that wanted to play this game... So this is a brand new game to a lot of people. Plus the visual upgrades and (maybe?) the DLC included. I'll buy this for $60.

Now I want the ICO collection remastered
GTA V
Dark Souls 2
God of War collection remastered

v1lla21

I own the PS3 version but never got around to playing it, so I'll most definitely be picking this up. I don't even need it to be at 60fps (although it'd be great), as long as it's 1080p/30fps, Better textures, and better AA.

Kerned

Banned
I didn't like The Last of Us all that much, but I would probably pay a $10 upgrade fee just to see how much nicer it looks. $60 is too steep just to satisfy my curiosity though.

Also, on the subject of previous gen upgrades, I'm all for it. There are plenty of games I would like to play a better looking/better performing version of, and no one is forced to buy anything they don't want to buy. Complaining about this stuff is silly.

kaskade

I didn't realize the banner was still up. I figured it was for a few minutes before it was taken down. At this point they might as well show some screens or something. Unless they're waiting for PAX East.

Wow, I was a big CS:S guy in the past and I enjoyed Uncharted 2/3 multiplayer. I might have to take a look at this then. Haven't tried CS: Go yet.

There have been two multi-player games I've actually got slightly addicted to last generation, I'm not much a MP guy.

Assassin's Creed's MP and The Last of Us MP. They have something in common, a more deliberate pace that rewards players for taking their time and working together to set-up traps. You'll always have those people who treat it like CoD but they'll be easy kills.

Mask

Neat. That price though, jeez. Means the UK is gonna be shafted with a £57 price again...

Let's be honest though, I doubt anyone is going to end up paying 60 dollars, and I'm guessing we'll see a lot of store knocking 5 or 10 dollars off that with special offers.

Still, I hope we see some other graphical improvements over the expected 1080p 60fps and DLC. Maybe more environmental physics?

KKRT00

Holy shit...what is wrong with some of you? The game came out less than one year ago, and I assume the release will come out with all the DLC and will be superior to the original. How can you complain about $60 for a release like this? It's quite different compared to a HD Remaster of a game that came out years ago, for example. Not everyone in the world had the chance to buy it on PS3, as the release date was pretty recent.

JUNE 14, 2013, to be exact. C'mon now.

I dont know maybe because games that launched few months ago on PS4 cost 40$ now?
Why should one year old game cost more?

Neat. That price though, jeez. Means the UK is gonna be shafted with a £57 price again...

Let's be honest though, I doubt anyone is going to end up paying 60 dollars, and I'm guessing we'll see a lot of store knocking 5 or 10 dollars off that with special offers.

Still, I hope we see some other graphical improvements over the expected 1080p 60fps and DLC. Maybe more environmental physics?

That sounds like a pretty safe bet.

Megatron

The system launched 6 months ago. I expected more than 1 PS+ freebie that I'd want to play.

Compare the last 6 months of PS4 and PS3 plus offerings. Yes, the system is new, but there should be SOME kind of attempt to make PS4 + subscribers feeling like they're getting content on par with what the Vita and PS3 get.

This is why they should have waited a year before adding ps4 to PS plus like they did for vita (well almost a year after the jp release)

Wow....the hate in this thread (or GAF, for that matter). No one has ever forced you to buy a game. As with Ground Zeroes, if you don't like it vote with your wallet and don't buy it.

For the hardcore TLoU fans and as long as the remaster is decent (i.e. 1080p, 60fps with good AA) this is a no-brainer. Also, from what I understand, there is a good number of people who only owned a 360 last-gen and would like to play this on their PS4. Everybody wins.

But, since we don't know what's in it, nobody can post negative comments, all they should do is just not buy it. And you can't discuss the launch price because games drop in price.

and you're going to make someone look like an idiot for arguing about that.

okie doke

Thankfully we've got your insightful commentary in this discussion already.

should be free for PS+

that will begin the healing process and allow me to trust this evil company again. evil company with very bad men working for it who only care about business and not video games nor gamers

Why exactly do you have such an axe to grind? This goes well beyond complaining about something being $60.

I dont know maybe because games that launched few months ago on PS4 cost 40$ now?

So because a PS4 game that released a few months ago (that probably released at $60) has gone done in price after a few months, that means that on day one an enhanced version of a less than one year old game should also be $40? I don't see the logic in that.

Nymphae

Banned
This is why they should have waited a year before adding ps4 to PS plus like they did for vita (well almost a year after the jp release)

Hmm, I didn't know they did that with the Vita. They kind of had to do it right off the bat with PS4, because of the charge for online multiplayer.

But yeah, there just isn't enough content for it yet, and the shit they give away on PS3/Vita makes the PS4 offerings embarrassing. I LOVED PS+ as a PS3 and Vita owner, but ever since I've been gaming primarily on PS4, I feel like it's a bit of a rip off. Don't get me wrong, it will eventually become worthwhile, but it's definitely not there yet.

kick51

Banned
Thankfully we've got your insightful commentary in this discussion already.

Why exactly do you have such an axe to grind? This goes well beyond complaining about something being $60.

which i just said previously was not serious, if you were reading the thread.

TyrantII

I'm in for $60. Easily.

Always happy to support games and devs like ND. Better them then the bullshit anti consumer crap EA or Ubi pulls.

$60 more to ND and I'll buy the crew used in the bargain bin for $20. Only ways to get messages across is with our wallets after all.

8h2uIxv.jpg

._.

Still getting it, well, for retail anyway.

hawk2025

Hmm, I didn't know they did that with the Vita. They kind of had to do it right off the bat with PS4, because of the charge for online multiplayer.

But yeah, there just isn't enough content for it yet, and the shit they give away on PS3/Vita makes the PS4 offerings embarrassing. I LOVED PS+ as a PS3 and Vita owner, but ever since I've been gaming primarily on PS4, I feel like it's a bit of a rip off. Don't get me wrong, it will eventually become worthwhile, but it's definitely not there yet.

I don't think I could disagree more!

Resogun, Don't Starve, Dead Nation, Outlast, Mercenary Kings. It has already paid for itself and then some.

I really don't get it. Everything they've given out for free on PS4 has been a new release on the platform. No, they haven't given you $60 new releases, but PS+ has never done that. What games do you propose they should be offering for free on PS4? PS3/Vita has literally years of games they can draw from to offer for free. PS4 has months.

which i just said previously was not serious, if you were reading the thread.

Never have understood troll posts. Guess I missed the back pedal.

Even though I hated the game, I'll buy it again, just to hate the superior version.
I liked the MP, that's why I'm buying it again

Because TLOU is still $60 plus if it comes with all the other DLC ($15+).. Those games that you are talking about are not GOTY.

It's how game/music/movies are sold.. if it's a high selling item then the price is going to stay high.. I don't see why the PS4 version would be cheaper than the PS3 version

Gartooth

I don't like the $60 price tag, however TLOU sits on a very short list of games I might spend that kind of money on, so I'll consider it when we see footage of how the game looks.

EVIL

So without knowing what's going to be in the game, it's okay to blindly love it and claim $60 is totally worth it in this thread. But, since we don't know what's in it, nobody can post negative comments, all they should do is just not buy it. And you can't discuss the launch price because games drop in price.

and you're going to make someone look like an idiot for arguing about that.

okie doke
I think the little YouTube clip posted a page back said it best. "Its oke to not like things, just don't be a dick about the things you don't like!"

if you come here to post negative comments then you are here to be a dick.

I suggest you go to the cinema for your cinematic entertainment. Gimping a games framerate because you want to feel like you're watching a movie, is like making a movie with no image because you want to feel like you're blind.

More cinematic =/= watching a movie. Your other comparison speaks for itself.

A twitch shooter this game is not. 30fps would be absolutely fine for this game and would be a stylistic choice by the devs.

I continue to completely be baffled by this attitude that every single game HAS to hit the 60fps mark or that 30fps is unacceptable.

I hope they megaton and say it is releasing next week.

haha, that would be cool. Very unlikely though.

More cinematic =/= watching a movie. Your other comparison speaks for itself.

A twitch shooter this game is not. 30fps would be absolutely fine for this game and would be a stylistic choice by the devs.

I continue to completely be baffled by this attitude that every single game HAS to hit the 60fps mark or that 30fps is unacceptable.

The hardware is definitely powerful enough to make a great looking game at 60fps. It's also a fact that 60fps improves the experience.

Nymphae

Banned
I don't think I could disagree more!

Resogun, Don't Starve, Dead Nation, Outlast, Mercenary Kings. It has already paid for itself and then some.

Resogun, yes.

Don't starve, indie title I didn't care for at all.
Dead Nation, played it on PS3.
Outlast, played it on PC.
Mercenary Kings, not my thing.

I have only played one game from PS+ offerings, and I stopped playing it in like a week. They are certainly releasing games, just nothing that to me has made the sub feel worth it in any way.

KKRT00

So because a PS4 game that released a few months ago (that probably released at $60) has gone done in price after a few months, that means that on day one an enhanced version of a less than one year old game should also be $40? I don't see the logic in that.

I cant see logic when new game developed solely for PS4, like KZ:SF for example cost less than one year old upscaled successful game?
One needed to recoup cost of development on platform with smaller userbase, second is upscaled port of very successful game.
One needed to get all pipeline and assets made for PS4, second had all of them already done.
Why should second cost more when it required less work, its older and already payed itself and earn profit on previous platform?

If Ryse was released on PC would you pay full price for it?

Of course not. I will not pay 60$ for GTA V PC version either.

---
Because TLOU is still $60 plus if it comes with all the other DLC ($15+).. Those games that you are talking about are not GOTY.

It's how game/music/movies are sold.. if it's a high selling item then the price is going to stay high.. I don't see why the PS4 version would be cheaper than the PS3 version

If PS3 version cost the same, i would say port has reasonable price. But we'll see if PS3 GOTY will cost 60$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom