• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered -PS4- $59.99 (SEN Store mistake/leak)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a momentous job porting this game would be. It was built from the ground up to push a system to the limit with the most backwards as all hell infrastructure. You can't really reuse a lot of that work. I mean look how bad Jak and Daxter turned out.

Whoever handled the port had to bring they A game.

S¡mon

Banned
3Mw7Jql.png

Let's hope it's not the #DRIVECLUB type of "shortly".

still trying to think of a reason to go back, even with a rental. I beat the game on hard, which i found was a good balance. i can up the difficulty, but i fear it will be more annoying than challenging. And i dont feel like its a story worth replaying, this soon when i still have most of it in recent memory, maybe in 2-3 years.

JimiNutz

Banned
I didn't play the first one so this may be a system seller for me.
Hope they increase the graphics a bit and don't make it a lazy port.

witness

Give the details today, it's been up for hours now.

This was my GotY last year and is easily a top 3 game for me from that entire generation, if not my #1. This is a no brainer purchase,
$60 and all.

reKon

Banned
We eatin

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JK00S0S/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Product Description:

"Winner of over 200 Game of the Year awards, The Last of Us has been rebuilt for the PlayStation 4 system. Now featuring full 1080p, higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, in addition to several other gameplay improvements. 20 years after a pandemic has radically changed known civilization, infected humans run wild and survivors are killing each other for food, weapons; whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a violent survivor, is hired to smuggle a 14 year-old girl, Ellie, out of an oppressive military quarantine zone, but what starts as a small job soon transforms into a brutal journey across the U.S. The Last of Us Remastered includes the Abandoned Territories Map Pack, Reclaimed Territories Map Pack, and the critically acclaimed The Last of Us: Left Behind Single Player campaign that combines themes of survival, loyalty, and love with tense, survival-action gameplay."

DieH@rd

Banned
One question. Doesnt it make no sense to offer TLoU Playstation Now PS3 version when you get TLoU PS4 version?

It makes all the sense.

Only 6 million PS3 users have tried TLOU. With PSNow, everyone who has OK internet connection, any supported device, and is close to Gaikai servers will be able to try it [full purchase, demo, rental].

rashbeep

Banned
Glad you asked.

You have a sniper that is in front of you and your first instinct is to take it out using your weapons you've learned to you the entire game. However when you reach the building that is high enough for you to kill it, there is no character model in there, and gun doesn't even move when to shoot even if it shoots you at a 90 degree angle. You have to go and kill all the bad guys, go up AND THEN kill it, all that because there was a cutscsene that involved him. I could have just killed him when I was outside and deal with the rest of the guys later. The scene that comes after that could have easily been triggered simpply by walking into that area. after killing him.

I really fucking hate it when games do this kind of shit.

From that Amazon link: December 31st.... I don't wanna wait that long, I want it nowwww.

Edit:

Winner of over 200 Game of the Year awards, The Last of Us has been rebuilt for the PlayStation 4 system. Now featuring full 1080p, higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, in addition to several other gameplay improvements. 20 years after a pandemic has radically changed known civilization, infected humans run wild and survivors are killing each other for food, weapons; whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a violent survivor, is hired to smuggle a 14 year-old girl, Ellie, out of an oppressive military quarantine zone, but what starts as a small job soon transforms into a brutal journey across the U.S. The Last of Us Remastered includes the Abandoned Territories Map Pack, Reclaimed Territories Map Pack, and the critically acclaimed The Last of Us: Left Behind Single Player campaign that combines themes of survival, loyalty, and love with tense, survival-action gameplay.

Ape

Banned
Explore a brutal post-pandemic world, fully realized with the power of PlayStation 4 system
Includes all DLC packs: over $30 in value
In-game cinematic commentary from the cast and creative director

Well at least that's confirmed. Kinda.

Winner of over 200 Game of the Year awards, The Last of Us has been rebuilt for the PlayStation 4 system. Now featuring full 1080p, higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, in addition to several other gameplay improvements.

From that amazon product description, ^_^

Hedrush

still trying to think of a reason to go back, even with a rental. I beat the game on hard, which i found was a good balance. i can up the difficulty, but i fear it will be more annoying than challenging. And i dont feel like its a story worth replaying, this soon when i still have most of it in recent memory, maybe in 2-3 years.

I finished on hard also. Waited a few weeks then tried survivor mode but after an hour I just couldn't go on. Not because it was overly difficult, because it wasn't. I just didn't feel like playing through the game again. Once was enough for me.

Sykane

Winner of over 200 Game of the Year awards, The Last of Us has been rebuilt for the PlayStation 4 system. Now featuring full 1080p, higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, in addition to several other gameplay improvements. 20 years after a pandemic has radically changed known civilization, infected humans run wild and survivors are killing each other for food, weapons; whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a violent survivor, is hired to smuggle a 14 year-old girl, Ellie, out of an oppressive military quarantine zone, but what starts as a small job soon transforms into a brutal journey across the U.S. The Last of Us Remastered includes the Abandoned Territories Map Pack, Reclaimed Territories Map Pack, and the critically acclaimed The Last of Us: Left Behind Single Player campaign that combines themes of survival, loyalty, and love with tense, survival-action gameplay.

Awww yiss

satori

Not surprised by the 60 dollar price tag. Was actually expecting it. Still for me it holds all kind of value. I been holding out on a second play through and the DLC in hopes of a PS4 version. Now that it has been confirm, plus the fact that the DLC are included? Yeah here just take my money.

Better graphic? One can only assume. Able to play it on the DS4 controller? Damn straight!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Where/how did you see UC3 @ 60 FPS? If ND is reading, I sure hope they ignore you.
To ignore wanting to have an option? I don't see it as damaging in any way to anyone.
You could see UC3 running at 60 in a video published by Eurogamer, that ND sent them rendered off of devkits.

AU Tiger

Awww yiss

Ok I was wondering about this. I wasn't going to bite if it was just going to be the exact same assets and everything but just running @ 1080p/60fps.

higher res textures, better lighting and all the extra DLC stuff I didn't get yet will make it worth the price IMO.

I know in the making of the game video they talked tech about having to turn stuff off to hit their frame rate target of 30fps so it will be cool to see what the engine can do with much more powerful hardware and probably give us a small glimpse into what their next game can look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom