• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered -PS4- $59.99 (SEN Store mistake/leak)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mechphree

Anyone think theyll expand the multiplayer aspect a bit thanks to the extra power available? Maybe slightly bigger maps and 6/8 players or no?

Would love if they did and me and my friends could jump in chat and dominate you plebs haha

They won't. It would have been nice if they maybe allowed you to have more players but then they would have to change the map sizes and all that. Way too much work for a port.

Sean*O

Reading all of this whining about the price is giving me a headache. It's starting to become like people who complain every time a movie is rereleased on a higher definition format. People getting pissed because there is a newer better version out that isn't given to them for practically nothing just because they owned the previous best version.

Not everyone has played the game, and many will be happy to pay $60 at launch to get it on the PS4. If you don't like it then wait for the price drop and stop shitting it up for everyone else looking forward to it.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I hope there's some incentive for those of us who already own it on PS3. Especially the people who bought the Season Pass too.

Most likely with this left up for so long, and with the game launching as early as June (if summer rumours are to be believed), we'll see a press release later today.

Oh and Day 1 on this.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
no way, player count is fine as it is

Oh my god, yeah. The Last of Us multiplayer at 16 vs 16 would be the biggest clustercuddle in the history of histories.

It's just a really bad idea. The MP was designed for small teams.

Stillmatic

Sony, it's probably best to actually announce things before producing point of sale material...The Dead Nation AE was out of the blue too, announce these things, damn.

So now it's official. After Tomb Raider we will get now a fuckton of "enhanced" ports (lol, no hd collections anymore?) for full price. Be happy, people voted with their wallets for it, so it means they really wanted it, right?
Pretty much.
Honestly, after the success of HD collections, the writing was on the wall for stuff like this.

Dunkers92

This is more like the Sony we know. Trying to keep this game a secret and doing a horrible job of it lol.

I cannot wait. Day 1. Hopefully it is a great visual improvement like tomb raider was on PS4. So happy my friends who only had a 360 last gen will get to play it now. I've been going on about it to them for ages.

Just announce the date now Sony, pointless trying to keep it a secret any longer.

Man

6 million copies of TLoU has sold so far. Maybe combined sales will exceed 10 million a year from now?

spwolf

TloU came out relatively recently, so it is not like they are "renastering" PS2 game from 2001... i didnt purchase it last year thinking to get it for PS4 when it is out... now I have to get PS4.

I wonder who did the port...

I would've said BluePoint Games, but they were upto their eyeballs with porting TitanFall to Xbox 360. My guess is Naughty Dog themselves ported the game from PS3 to PS4, remember when ND said they were transferring assets from PS3 to PS4 to check how things look and see where their engine needs improvement.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
So now it's official. After Tomb Raider we will get now a fuckton of "enhanced" ports (lol, no hd collections anymore?) for full price. Be happy, people voted with their wallets for it, so it means they really wanted it, right?
Why would you not want this? I don't get it. Did you not get a movie on BluRay because you had it on VHS?

Bradach

i loved the MP on this. I think i'll pick this up on PS4 once the price drops. I can't quite justify paying €60 twice for the same game

stryke

I would've said BluePoint Games, but they were upto their eyeballs with porting TitanFall to Xbox 360. My guess is Naughty Dog themselves ported the game from PS3 to PS4, remember when ND said they were transferring assets from PS3 to PS4 to check how things look and see where their engine needs improvement.

I'm going to take a punt and suggest Nixxes gave a helping hand. They helped Guerrilla Games with Killzone Shadowfall as well.

dW4cf7f.png

Although this is more likely whatever Eidos has planned for later in the year.

Damn as much as I love the game (I consider it the game of last gen and this is the one game that made me break my vow to not buy any season passes ever again) im kinda iffy at paying $60 again with so much coming out this year.

That is unless there is enough changes that warrant it.

NinjaBoiX

$60 for a port that most likely didn't get a visual upgrade like Tomb Raider? pffffft ridiculous knock $20 off and ill consider it.
Stick $20 back on for the DLC?

I don't see the big problem with the price at all. So it's been released before, so what?

Do people complain when they have to pay same price if not more for their favourite movie on bluray?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom