• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us - Review Thread [Emargo up, scores in OP.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Guys tell me. Does this actually have a chance to *whispered voice* dethrone Uncharted 2?

tumblr_inline_mlxv007G7B1qz4rgp.gif

For those who care: I'll answer whatever questions there is for the game when the embargo ends. So quote and ask, I'll gather them all up and answer what I can.

Drachma

Banned
It's obviously going to be great, that much is a given... but does Metacritic seriously include reviews from places like Empire? lol

I hope so. That game was rad.

Good story, interesting ending, bland and broken gameplay. IMO. I had fun with it but only on an "experience" level. The original Bioshock gave me both. So I was somewhat disappointed with Infinite in that way but I still really like it and have a shitload of respect for it and Levine and co.

That being said, my point was that reviews that compare something to something else in another medium that is considered to be a work of art is fucking stupid because it sits expectations up on a mantle that's hard to reach, if not impossible.

Gadirok

Surprised OPM UK gave the game a 10/10.

Alot of people will think otherwise, but they gave some of the lowest scores for Sony published games.

PSASBR was a big one, I think it was a 6/10 that they gave the game.

They definitely don't bias atleast.

I wasn't blown away by the demo and the hype and reviews for Uncharted 3 didn't live up to the quality of the final product, so I'm going to keep my expectations low in the hope of avoiding a big disappointment.

I've also kept away from most of the game's spoilers and information, so I'm almost going in fresh!

Agreed. the demo convinced me NOT to get it. also, there was a lot of hype for Uncharted 3 and I didn't like that either. I really found the demo to not be very impressive at all.

this forum is going to crazy for it though.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
from one of the guys who finished the game.

Someone asked:

is it sad? is it worthy of man tears?

and he replied:

My significant other filled up with tears twice while watching me play the game. What does that tell you? Most powerful story I've played through the entire generation. 

Celegus

Literally know nothing about this game since that first trailer, but it looks like it'll actually live up to the hype. I'll definitely check it out sometime, not exactly my favorite genre to warrant a day one purchase.

Cyberia

Someone asked:

and he replied:

My significant other filled up with tears twice while watching me play the game. What does that tell you? Most powerful story I've played through the entire generation. 

Let me guess: the guy from ProCeo?

Andrew.

Banned

Someone asked:

and he replied:

Were they Oscar worthy tears though?

haven't really read up on the game. How is melee? The original trailer made it seem like it's quite viable. Is it more indepth than UC3?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Someone asked:

and he replied:

Thanks for that....

Courage

Someone asked:

and he replied:

Bold claim since Telltale's Walking Dead now exists. This better not be hyperbole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom