• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us trailer + preorder goodies + boxart + multiplayer confirmed

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
That was from the actress' tumbler/twitter or whateverthehell...

taizuke

Weird that it's not a PS3 super slim.

Yeah i thought so as well.

Me: I'm buying this game.
*we find out it's gonna have multiplayer*
Some people: Yeah, but it's gonna have multiplayer.
Me: Yeah, I'm still buying this game.

Can't wait.

Same.

Nice. Thanks.

Hey guys I think this game is called "The Last of Us", but I'm not sure. Can someone confirm?

lol

These are the guns in TLOU, maybe not all of them.

tumblr_m7f5cwPFnl1r4itfwo1_1280.jpg

http://theashleysuzanne.tumblr.com/tagged/thelastofus

The Revolver you see often in Joels hand is the Taurus Modell 66 Revolver. This weapon delivers 7 shots in real life, compared to TLOU where it delivers 6 shots.

Cool. M4 was my favorite gun in U2. Glad to have it back.

Hurry up May 7th! I love Naughty Dog and can't wait to play this game. May 5th is my 30th Birthday so I've got plans for the weekend and then I have off on the 7th to play this bad boy.

My 30th birthday is in July but i'm with you in that this game will be an early birthday gift for me. :)

No footage of multiplayer yet?

I wish.

The wrap is probably the most costly thing. I'd guess that it's going to be around $80 if the exact same thing is released in the US.

And Ellie Edition here as well.

I think it'll be at least $100.

Each individually would be:

- Game = $59.99
- DS3 = $49.99
- LBP Costume = $1.99
- Comics (assuming the old psp comic price) = $.99 to $2.99
- Mini artbook, cover, canvas wrap probably adds another $20

- Game = $59.99
- DS3 = $49.99
- LBP Costume = $1.99

That's just a skin for the DS3. It'd definitely be at least $100 if that were a full DS3.

Sky Chief

- Game = $59.99
- DS3 = $49.99
- LBP Costume = $1.99

It's just a skin for a DS3, controller is sold seperately

$79.99 edition, here I come. Seems weird that the prorder DLC is included with these editions in this day and age, but that's a good thing that they are. Hopefully those are released on PSN soon after as well.

taizuke

Here's the North America one...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...vival-edition-post-pandemic-edition-revealed/

8405446329_0d7a0a3984_z.jpg

8405446359_782c6b9a7b_z.jpg

Definitely picking up the 79.99 one - Dark Horse's Alice:Madness Returns art book was fantastic. Sucks that its not also included with the higher priced version.

Funny story though i went to Gamestop today to finally pre-order the game cause i was tired of waiting for the collector editions and the clerk tells me "Dude they just announced the collector editions for NA. Which one you want?" and i'm like "WTF?". lol

Seeing as TLOU is the only game i'll buy this year i think i'll get the Post-Pandemic edition. It's a pretty steep price and at first i was more considering the Survival edition but i love Naughty Dog and i'm going to do my best to save some money (not in the best financial situation). Games like these aren't made everyday and i feel the least i can do is fully support them.

BTW, i think someone should make a new thread detailing the NA collector's editions.

- game takes place over the curse of a year.

- it's harder to face the challenges in the process of the game if you are seperated from Ellie.

Got these infos from an interview with Jason Gregory, Lead Programmer for TLOU.
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming...-of-us-will-make-you-feel-bad-about-yourself/

- 20 years after the outburst, everyone still alive in the US is thinking that the rest of the world is in ruins, but no one knows for sure, because communication and rapid transportation routes, such as flying disappeared early after the outbreak of the virus.

- the bulk of the background story about the outbreak of the virus must be made up from the player himself from the told story and the conversations of the characters.

Got these infos from a german interview with Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley.
http://translate.google.com/transla...3797/The-Last-of-Us-Interview-mit-Naughty-Dog

Bruce Straley said:
Likewise with the crafting system. If I’ve scavenged enough of the environment, maybe I found a pair of scissors and some twine. I could wrap the twine around the scissors and onto my pipe, and now I have a stronger melee weapon.
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/20/on-blending-gameplay-and-story-together-in-the-last-of-us/

I posted that Info bit in the other TLOU Thread but know I found an evidence in the story Trailer. Didn't saw it while the trailer ran until I watched actual screenshots from it. I marked it:

And in a Gamespot Interview with Arne Meyer, he even says following:

Arne Meyer said:
The idea currently is that pretty much most of the items you can pick up, you're being able to modify in one way or the other
http://www.gamespot.com/the-last-of...yer-choice-and-exploration-interview-6396961/

The possibilities...

Squire

Banned
In the gameplay clip Joel made a Molotov cocktail with a bottle and bandages, if you remember. I think there was an alternate option to make medicine. I think they said that would be the general idea, too; You could make or modify weapons or create supplemental items.

SaberVulcan

I want a PS3 + Last of Us bundle. This game is already very close to convincing me to invest in a PS3, but a bundle would seal the deal.

In the gameplay clip Joel made a Molotov cocktail with a bottle and bandages, if you remember. I think there was an alternate option to make medicine. I think they said that would be the general idea, too; You could make or modify weapons or create supplemental items.

Yes, thanks :)
I know this molotov/bandage info since a long time ago. But this was the only actual example Naughty Dog delivered in their previews and Interviews if it comes to craft/modifying, until I found the Interview with Bruce Straley, where he delivered for the first time, another actual example of the modifying/craft element. And since this source never reached to NeoGAF, I was thinking to post it.

You might get your wish if you live in Europe.

I'm pretty sure, if there's going to be a TLOU PS3 Bundle, it would also release in NA, since TLOU is SCEA IP.

Highly likely. There was an Uncharted 3 and inFamous 2 bundle.

I think what you mean is, that Sony also delivers PS3 Bundles including new IPs with no sequels at the time, like Heavy Rain and LittleBigPlanet. So yeah, it's highly likely :)

So a bunch of people are tweeting that they just got their hands on a demo of this. Impressions should be posted this Monday.
I can't wait!

Captain N

I just got the 500 GB White system. Cannot wait for this game to hit. 2 days after my birthday. Getting all three versions coming to America.

Raoh

Sigh, so I missed out on the Post-Pandemic Edition?

That sucks. I waited because usually these LE's are a scam and there are always plenty to go around on launch day. Just went to gamestop and I can only order regular disc or survival edition.

(looking at you Killzone 3)...

sigh...

Top Bottom