• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us trailer + preorder goodies + boxart + multiplayer confirmed

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm on media black out, so not sure if trailer is new.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-2013-pre-order-bonuses-new-trailer-revealed/

rbzRe.jpg

It has been a big weekend for us here at Naughty Dog. We revealed a brand new trailer for The Last of Us at the Spike Video Game Awards on Friday along with the most important news for any fan – that The Last of Us will be released on May 7th, 2013!

This is our second trailer release and our first since announcing The Last of Us at least year’s VGA show. If you didn’t catch the show when it aired live or the Spike video stream, you can watch the full, uncensored trailer at the top of this post. We’ve tried to keep the trailer as spoiler-free as possible, while giving you some hints at the tense, emotional narrative the development team has crafted for The Last of Us.

That’s not all – we are also excited to announce details on the bonus content you can get for pre-ordering your copy of The Last of Us. Participating retailers will offer the Sights and Sounds Pack, which includes:

The official soundtrack of the game
A PS3 dynamic theme featuring the cover art
Two avatars for your PSN profile – Winter Joel and Winter Ellie

We’ve also worked with GameStop to provide exclusive bonus content in addition to the Sights and Sounds Pack. Pre-ordering at GameStop also nets you the Survival Pack, which includes:

Bonus experience points for multiplayer
A multiplayer melee attack booster
Some extra starting in-game cash
Special customizable character items for multiplayer
Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign

Multiplayer, wha? We’re not quite ready to talk about it yet, but stay tuned as we’ll be revealing more details on multiplayer before The Last of Us is released on May 7th, 2013.

The team here is pumped to head into the home stretch to finish The Last of Us. We can’t wait to show you more in the coming months!

8252738627_85efdccea9_o.jpg

8252738613_2af9cc647d_b.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yeah, should have added MP mode in the thread title. Too late to edit. Anyway, the info + box art should be news

B.O.O.M

MP is not the news here...since we knew about it for ages now.

Love the box art. Simple, artistic and really captures what the game is about. Nice pre order bonuses too.

Johnas

Clean box art. Nothing overwhelming.

Also, I haven't paid much attention to this game at all, but I know I've previously read comments about multiplayer.

Cade

Kinda bummed, sounds like the multiplayer is just gonna be standard, UC-style multiplayer judging by the unlocks/boosters/cash/weapon customization. Oh well.

Boxart is great.

MormaPope

Banned
The Last of Us multiplayer has been known about for quite a while now, no info on what it actually is though. By the preorder description, sounds very CoD-esque as far as progression and customizing goes.

Ricky_R

I think I would've given a bit more protagonism to Joel and I would've reduced the name a bit too. Something seems off, but I still like it.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
People are surprised about multiplayer? They confirmed it in June....

GE – Uncharted had tremendous success with the co-op portion in the online function in their game, will The Last of Us see that in the future?

ND – We are supporting multiplayer with The Last of Us. We’re not ready to talk about the details of how multiplayer will be implemented, however we can say that it is not co-op within the main campaign.

http://www.gamingexaminer.com/the-l...me-director-bruce-straley/16626/#.UMVgarbOadQ

Gorillaz

They said months back MP would be in the game.

EDIT: Still wish to know if it was straight up player vs player or more like UC2 coop type MP

MormaPope

Banned
The problem with this boxart is the letters/words being pushed to the side makes it look very odd, "OF US" looks like "OFUS".

Top Bottom