• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us trailer + preorder goodies + boxart + multiplayer confirmed

jett

D-Member
I love the positioning of the logo, nearly every boxart looks the friggin same. Definite standout.

Interested in the multiplayer too. UC2 MP started off fantastic(and later was systemically destroyed by ND, unfortunately). I have hopes for greatness here, hopes at least. :p

a9mdbu.gif

Hopefully we'll be able to was around that entire village.

Eusis

Not sure if I want the game now because of MP.
As annoying as it is to shoehorn it into every game I couldn't dismiss a game purely because of that. Not unless they had something interesting sounding for single player then booted into multiplayer, or (more likely) it was a series I was interested in for single player only for it to be a multiplayer-only game (SHADOWRUN).

... Anyways, I AM disappointed that going by the pre-order incentives it'll probably be run-of-the-mill multiplayer that takes after CoD's template. Might've been interesting if they were going to go crazy with some DayZ-esque system, but I guess that requires dedicated servers and enough effort it may as well be a stand alone game.

As annoying as it is to shoehorn it into every game I couldn't dismiss a game purely because of that. Not unless they had something interesting sounding for single player then booted into multiplayer, or (more likely) it was a series I was interested in for single player only for it to be a multiplayer-only game (SHADOWRUN).

... Anyways, I AM disappointed that going by the pre-order incentives it'll probably be run-of-the-mill multiplayer that takes after CoD's template. Might've been interesting if they were going to go crazy with some DayZ-esque system, but I guess that requires dedicated servers and enough effort it may as well be a stand alone game.

Ah, a Day-Z open world type MP would be great, but pretty damn ambitious. I am personally hoping for something like SOCOM.

Gorillaz

I love the positioning of the logo, nearly every boxart looks the friggin same. Definite standout.

Interested in the multiplayer too. UC2 MP started off fantastic(and later was systemically destroyed by ND, unfortunately). I have hopes for greatness here, hopes at least. :p

I'd love for a standard Survival/Horde mode (because fuck you with your timeouts only, RE6). The boxart itself is refreshing. Will enjoy the mp
until they inevitably fuck that up.
UC2
Patch 1.04

Never forget

jett

D-Member
Maybe the multiplayer will have a big emphasis on stealth, that'd be neat. Uncharted multiplayer is to this date still very original and there's nothing like it out there. I have hopes for something similarly different from the norm.

Man does it look good though.

Yeah it looks absolutely incredible. ND are wizards. When people say that kind of thing it always seems ridiculous, but this game looks ridiculous.

Yet another orange-colored cover. I like it though.

No blue though, progress!

I think I might have over estimated the multiplayer based on a gut feeling and the perks stuff. There was (is) an opportunity to make something pretty special, like a 4v4 or 5v5 where you are setting traps and can hide within the environments via camo, a sort of cat and mouse stealth approach but what it will probably be is 5v5 standard death match with melee and a few other modes similar to U3. I mean I love U3 multi but I'd like to see a more unique take on the standard fare.

Oh well, if SP is great thats all I care about. MP is a bonus.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Cool boxart. It will be interesting to see how the multiplayer turns out, considering that ND completely destroyed UC2's multiplayer with one patch.

prwxv3

Now they just need to run parts of that trailer during the walking dead when it comes back next year.
that makes too much sense for Sony to do it though

Everybody here is saying multiplayer was always known, but I distinctly remember talking about it here this time one year ago that there will be no multiplayer. Not the exact link I remember being posted but a quick google search and I found this.

http://www.gamersmint.com/no-multiplayer-in-the-last-of-us-naughty-dogs-first-m-rated-title

I suppose multiplayer was later announced but not right after last year's VGA, not like it matters. Just arguing for arguments sake. This is news to me since I haven't been following Last of Us closely to avoid spoilers.

meta4

c'mon son, you know this is a linear game.

Its supposed to be like RE4/MGS games so you never know. We may still get to explore that place.

No blue though, progress!

I think I might have over estimated the multiplayer based on a gut feeling and the perks stuff. There was (is) an opportunity to make something pretty special, like a 4v4 or 5v5 where you are setting traps and can hide within the environments via camo, a sort of cat and mouse stealth approach but what it will probably be is 5v5 standard death match with melee and a few other modes similar to U3. I mean I love U3 multi but I'd like to see a more unique take on the standard fare.

Oh well, if SP is great thats all I care about. MP is a bonus.

It could still very well be what you are talking. Lets hope it is.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Everybody here is saying multiplayer was always known, but I distinctly remember talking about it here this time one year ago that there will be no multiplayer. Not the exact link I remember being posted but a quick google search and I found this.

http://www.gamersmint.com/no-multiplayer-in-the-last-of-us-naughty-dogs-first-m-rated-title

I suppose multiplayer was later announced but not right after last year's VGA, not like it matters. Just arguing for arguments sake. This is news to me since I haven't been following Last of Us closely to avoid spoilers.

Websites keep using Sony's unupdated game page for information they really shouldn't.

I look at that box art and I see two humans trying to survive in their brutal environment.

Which is refreshing after seeing all those "badasses" walking away from flying debris like it's nothing.

Also, soundtrack comes with a pre-order? If the short demonstration at the VGAs is anything to go by, that's pretty damn persuasive

Websites keep using Sony's unupdated game page for information they really shouldn't.

Keep in mind this was posted a year ago, right after it was announced. More google searching seems to show that multiplayer wasn't known until June. Guess that didn't spread much though since this is still a surprise for a lot of us.

Squire

Banned

And no one worth listening to was saying there was no MP right after the VGAs because nothing was shown or stated about the game to suggest as much.

MP is old news. If people were on blackout or are just LTTP, fine. But it is absolutely old news.

Zoibie

After a couple of weeks of bad box art reveals (DmC and Bioshock spring to mind), this is really refreshing. I'm also very much a fan of this trend of including the soundtrack as a pre-order bonus.

LuuKyK

I wonder about that myself. Have there been any rough estimates as to a playthrough time? My money's on 14 hours. Which is pretty good.

This was posted in the other thread:

Neil Druckmann ‏@Neil_Druckmann

“@RisingRjb: Do you have any ideas about how long the game will be? Story looks great so far” hard to say until we finish. It ain't short.

Neil is one of the directors btw.

The lighting and mood on the cover is phenomenal. I love that it's sort of like, yeah, pew pew lovers could see the appeal, but also people in for a great story, presentation, atmosphere, and charm aren't being lumped into that same category.

Mind you, not trying to belittle the "pew pew" crowd as I love pew pew games tew, I just think it's nice that we got a cover that can appeal to several crowds.

dEvAnGeL

What does Joel says when the little girl ask him what are you afraid of? I can't pick that line man, not even with headphones

jett

D-Member
Uncharted 2 was 12-hour long game. I believe in the Neil/Bruce wonder duo.

Well, they've described it as "wide linear". As meta4 said, that would basically describe MGS games (especially MGS3 and 4).

Well, we'll see, it's definitely not as linear as Uncharted but I don't see us exploring an entire village either. :p

Dereck

I remember earlier this year people had this concept that multiplayer's existence in a primarily single player game ruins the main campaign. Glad to see that only one person in this thread still thinks that and not the majority.

Top Bottom