• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us trailer + preorder goodies + boxart + multiplayer confirmed

I think as gamers we should all take the time to thank Sony for allowing one of its developers the incredible freedom to pursue a game world and concept as unique as this game. I think it is fucking amazing how a publisher lets a developer create such a seemingly compelling new IP in this day and age, at this late of a cycle. I can't wait for this
When you think about it, it's actually not that surprising that they create a new IP this late in the PS3 life cycle. The amount owner base is pretty much maxed out so lots of potential people to sell this too, then announce The Last of Us 2 for PS4 to help sell that.

I think as gamers we should all take the time to thank Sony for allowing one of its developers the incredible freedom to pursue a game world and concept as unique as this game. I think it is fucking amazing how a publisher lets a developer create such a seemingly compelling new IP in this day and age, at this late of a cycle. I can't wait for this
Make me super excited for santa monica stig's new ip, and guerilla's new ip. Media Molecule new ip.

I hear Sucker Punch is also making new ip but not sure where I hear it from.

Sony is on fire lately, Last of Us, Tearaway, Puppetteer, Soul Sacrifice and the anove new op in devwlopment.

HardRojo

All the clear space on the right side of the boxart makes me think of a certain 10 filled cover I want to forget...
eB7Oml.jpg

Misterhbk

Yep. Like UC3, will play for the sp and not bother with the throwaway mp.

if its like UC3 then i'll be playing it for long ass time. Just played good 2-3 hours of UC3 multiplayer today. Been playing it since last NOV and probably won't stop until this launches. My body is ready.

Cover is really nice. Definitely stands out. I love that they are including the OST. That kind of stuff more than anything gets me to preorder

UrbanRats

- I like the title positioning on the cover.
- Not crazy about the cover art itself, but i don't think it's bad, either (just not that interesting).
- Really not interested in the MP, especially after reading about exp, unlockable melee kills and such bullshit.
- Dude, those skyboxes... OH, THOSE SKYBOXES.

Squire

Banned
I'm hoping the skins are the two main characters dressed like Jak and Daxter

Lol. The skins are them in their winter gear. You see Ellie in hers in the trailer. Everybody will wear those during the portion of campaign they're necessary. Uncharted does the same thing, except in UC2 they were just straight-up unlockables on the disc.

Neil Druckmann said:
Neil Druckmann (@Neil_Druckmann)
12/9/12, 10:15 PM
So glad people like the box art. See, you can put the girl in the front! #thelastofus

HardRojo

They seemed to learn their lesson with U3's GotY boxart

[im]http://www.abload.de/img/u3goty_1335288102firil.jpg[/img]

Ah yeah, it was nice to see that after the score filled cover UC2 had, the game I was referring to on my post was actually Arkham City :p In fact I had forgotten UC2 had that issue, albeit to a lesser extent.

my only problem with the boxart cover is that they went with that sunlight filter, instead of showing the colorfulness of the environment.

Jesus. Game looks phenomenal but there is way too much hype surrounding a game we know very little about. Will wait for hands on previews before committing to an opinion. Walkthrough was pretty dope though. Still way early.

Jesus. Game looks phenomenal but there is way too much hype surrounding a game we know very little about. Will wait for hands on previews before committing to an opinion. Walkthrough was pretty dope though. Still way early.

lol wut are u talking about? sometimes all it takes is an announcement of a game to get hype going. ND has a proven track record, we got a couple trailers, and a couple direct gameplay walkthroughs as well. i'm pretty sure we have a solid idea of how the game is going to be, minus some surprises.

my only problem with the boxart cover is that they went with that sunlight filter, instead of showing the colorfulness of the environment.
Agreed, I would of preferred something more akin to the original piece of art they put out,

250px-Last_of_Us_cover.jpg

But the one they are using is fine. I'm more curious what they are going to do with the flip side cover art.

lol wut are u talking about? sometimes all it takes is an announcement of a game to get hype going. ND has a proven track record, we got a couple trailers, and a couple direct gameplay walkthroughs as well. i'm pretty sure we have a solid idea of how the game is going to be, minus some surprises.

Correct me if im wrong. I thought there was only one walkthrough played several ways. And only two trailers. Im not trying to be a debbie downer but there is still so mich we dont know. Have any outlets even played the game yet? Not to mention we know almost nothing of the how zombies will ties into everything.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Some new art and screens as background images there. Cool website design, it reminds me of the superbot one. Very clean and beautiful.
Someone post those please, i'm on my phone and it's not working for me.

Correct me if im wrong. I thought there was only one walkthrough played several ways. And only two trailers. Im not trying to be a debbie downer but there is still so mich we dont know. Have any outlets even played the game yet? Not to mention we know almost nothing of the how zombies will ties into everything.

iirc it's two walkthroughs, and the locations are right after one another. like the 2nd walkthrough got up to the point of the first walkthrough, skipped it, and moved to the area of the second walkthrough. and yes two trailers. and the zombie stuff seems like it will be left for us to discover when we play the game, which i'm perfectly fine with.

we know the basics, and thats good enough for me. i'm fine with figuring out everything else when i play it myself. what exactly do you have doubts about?

GQman2121

Banned
Everything thus far make things seem like they're coming along nicely. The box art is fine. In fact, BioShock could have used something similar with their two leads.

iirc it's two walkthroughs, and the locations are right after one another. like the 2nd walkthrough got up to the point of the first walkthrough, skipped it, and moved to the area of the second walkthrough. and yes two trailers. and the zombie stuff seems like it will be left for us to discover when we play the game, which i'm perfectly fine with.

Bioshocks ten minute walkthrough sold me on that game. Something like that but that touches on all aspects of the game would probably sell me.

gibration

I love the music they've used in their trailers so far. We've only heard that one song from Gustavo but Alone and Forsaken by Hank Williams on their GamesCom trailer was great too.

Multiplayer should be interesting. Don't know what to expect other than its emphasis on melee combat.

Squire

Banned
Everything thus far make things seem like they're coming along nicely. The box art is fine. In fact, BioShock could have used something similar with their two leads.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah they could have. It's weird as hell how central Liz is to that game's plot and seemingly the gameplay as well and yet is relegated to the back of the box.

No matter. Neil pretty much (indirectly) burned them on twitter.

Raoh

Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God!

Top Bottom