• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us trailer + preorder goodies + boxart + multiplayer confirmed

MormaPope

Banned
ar0uq6.gif

I get the feeling she's stumbling upon Joel being dead in this gif.

Speculation up above having to do with the gif and story, I have a feeling I might be right.

Mush

Been on a media blackout since the E3 gameplay demo dropped, but the box art is pretty rad.

Let's see what SCEE comes up with.

prwxv3

Great box art. I was expecting just joel with a shotgun resting on his shoulder. Like the placement of the title and that they included Elle and the overgrown environment.

Am I reading that right? You get all the bonuses for no extra charge? :O

Box art looks good imo. Also lol at everyone freaking out over mutiplayer when it was already confirmed.

Sean

Banned
I really like the box art, though all the logos kind of ruin the vibe it's going for imo.

Hopefully they do a reversible cover without all the ESRB, SCEA, ND, PSN, "Only on Playstation" stuff.

fernoca

Hope the preorder goodies are either inside or a code in the receipt. The theme and digital soundtrack are nice extras.

Great boxart, I'm surprised is so brown considering how lush the game's infested forestry is, though. It does set a mood, however.

Multiplayer was confirmed a long time ago. Hope they make it very survival-y, and tactical, like SOCOM:

-No health regen, unless by pickups or creating your own health with scattered items (it would take time o
-No respawn (round based)
-Reliant on stealth/sound
-Very few bullets, scavenge map for weapons and ammo (like Halo, but more survival-y)
-Flesh out that buddy system they introduced in UC3's horribly watered down MP

Maybe even have some nifty gameplay mechanics like everyone carries a small pack of health they can use once per round (requiring time to pull out and apply) or transfer to teammates. Would be even better if you could target limbs, resulting in crippling, which could be healed via pickups and teamwork, via that buddy system idea they half-assed in UC3.

MP games these days focus too much on throwing perks at you and senselessly running and gunning. Here's a chance to bring back slow, methodical gameplay that brings with it its own intensity. Search and Destroy in COD4 and SOCOM's multiplayer has always been intense and exciting, as well as tactical and heart pounding. I truly hope they go this route

UC2 MP was great, let's hope they redeem themselves with an amazing Multiplayer for TLoU

What do you guys expect/want it to be like?

vazel

Banned
Too bad Naughty Dog's games take a long time to show up on PSN. I'm going to have to pre-order the disc on Amazon.
I bet the multiplayer is Horde mode.
I don't think MP is going to be a horde mode. To me the melee booster, bonus EXP, and in-game currency tells me they're going for another UC3 type MP. Hopefullly they tone down the perks crap this time.

Great box art, I need to go into a 5 month coma.

I think ND games are the only games I anticipate within the same ball park as an MGS title (minus Revengence) and GT.

Top Bottom