• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last-Stop-Speak-In-Hyperbole Official Revolution Specs Thread

I think its possible the Rev might have a seperate processor to keep track of the freehand controller movements. I dunno if that would neccessarily make it a PPU.

Gio_CoD

Banned
Speculate on the bar napkin drawing of the Revolution? ok....

P.S.

That god damn virtual boy picture put me in "stupid ebay purchase mode" and I am now the high bidder for a Nintendo Virtual Boy with 8 games. Thanks a lot, GAF.

Somebody please outbid me.

monkeyrun

Haleon said:

P.S.

That god damn virtual boy picture put me in "stupid ebay purchase mode" and I am now the high bidder for a Nintendo Virtual Boy with 8 games. Thanks a lot, GAF.

:lol :lol

Ark-AMN

Banned
I'm not too technically savvy, but does the Revolution need the power of 360 and PS3 if its not going to have big HD support?

StRaNgE

Banned
Sweedishrodeo said:
whats that sound? oh its shit hitting the fan. things to expect tonight: Gaimeguy owning himself? Drinky hating on the DS? Demi making his suprise return? one thing is for sure, no matter what these specs are, this thread is going to get angry, like an old man trying to send back a soup at a deli.... :D i cant wait

:lol :lol :lol

mrklaw

MrArseFace
soundwave05 said:
I think its possible the Rev might have a seperate processor to keep track of the freehand controller movements. I dunno if that would neccessarily make it a PPU.

yeah it would - Position Processing Unit :p

jurassicpark299.jpeg

"Hold on to your butts!"

I think Kameo level graphics on Revolution (at standard def) may be a good possibility for the higher-end Rev titles, sans some of the things with like a ton of characters on screen.

That's basically what Fran is hoping for and that's what I'd predict too.

Speevy

Banned
soundwave05 said:
I think Kameo level graphics on Revolution (at standard def) may be a good possibility for the higher-end Rev titles, sans some of the things with like a ton of characters on screen.

That's basically what Fran is hoping for and that's what I'd predict too.

So an Xbox port with tons of effects and textures is high-end Revolution?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I'm hoping for terrible specs, I'm gonna buy it anyway. eat that haters!

Haleon said:

P.S.

I would like to because I am collecting as much game systems as I can.
Too bad, the seller only ships to the US and I'm in Europe

Speevy said:

Yeah, that's about what I would expect. Probably with a $149.99 US launch price and maybe something else comes with the system that we're currently not aware that could also be eating up part of the hardware budget (a camera system perhaps).

Nightbringer

Don´t hit me for my bad english plase
Nintendo Revolution Specs:

MPU ("Microprocessor Unit") Custom IBM Broadway
Manufacturating process: 0.09 micron IBM SSDIO technology
Clock Freqüency: 2.0 Ghz
Internal Data Precisión: 32 bits Integer, 64 bits Floating Point, 16, 32 and 128 bits Vectorial
Internal cache L1: instruction 32KB, data 32KB (8 way) L2: 1024KB (4 way) L3: 4MB.
Virtual console: Nintendo64 CPU+RCP, SNES CPU+PPU and NES CPU+PPU are embedded
Main memory bandwidth : 6.4GB/second (Peak)
Main Memory: 128MB Mosys 1T-SRAM-Q
Additional memory: 512MB Flash RAM
LSI Flipper
Designed by ATI
Manufacturated by NEC
500Mhz
2 Vertex Shader 3.0
4 Pixel Shader 3.0
Based on the ATI RV515
12MB MoSyS 1T-SRAM-Q as embedded memory
Sound DSP capable of 256 channels and real time AC-3 decoding

ejdonk

Speevy said:

No! Rev graphical power > PS3 graphical power
Didn't Nintendo clarify that several times??? Oh no, wait..

Emotions

Deg said:
Rev is an absolute joke. The pricing will no doubt be like GC memory cards. No wonder they make so much profit.

I'm so jelous of you, would you mind lending me your time machine? i guess you've played all the revo games and know the full specs of the machine. /end sarcasm

Well going by IGN's article last night one of the devs said GCN memory + 64MB of additional RAM.

24MB 1T-SRAM + 64MB 1T-SRAM + 16MB A-Memory = 104MB system RAM total (88MB 1T-SRAM main memory).

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Letter to Elise said:
oh great another one of you people.

-catfish in case you cant fucking read that thing over there on the left above the big picture.

PEACE OUT

Jeff-DSA

Letter to Elise said:
I don't see the point of "leaking" then. Are you trying to Nighttrain us then, sweetie? :)

~l2e

No, I don't care for attention, I just want to steer the conversation into a more realistic and safe direction.

Jeff-DSA

soundwave05 said:
Well going by IGN's article last night one of the devs said GCN memory + 64MB of additional RAM.

24MB 1T-SRAM + 64MB 1T-SRAM + 16MB A-Memory = 104MB system RAM total (88MB 1T-SRAM main memory).

I like your thinking, good sir.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I, for one, am prepared for a NDS vs PSP style war. Lord knows we've had alot of practice.

-GDGF

littlewig

Banned
Sources close to me say that Rev with have 128MB of 1T-SRAM, which total mops the floor of Xbox360's RAM.

Additional to the 1T-SRAM, There will be another 64MB of DRAM for sound, and other uses of the Revolution.

Source - My ass

Speevy

Banned
masud said:
So that's how you get an Xbot to admit that Kameo looks bad. Well played. :)

It doesn't look bad at all. But it is a port and the minimum of what we can expect next generation from games of the same genre.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
GDGF said:
Let us not forget the ballad of Genny and the SNES!

- turnip greens
Alas I was just a wee un and awareness of SNES in NZ was low (or it was from my pre-intarnets town)

- WATCHOUTDONKEYS

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Nightbringer said:
Nintendo Revolution Specs:

MPU ("Microprocessor Unit") Custom IBM Broadway
Manufacturating process: 0.09 micron IBM SSDIO technology
Clock Freqüency: 2.0 Ghz
Internal Data Precisión: 32 bits Integer, 64 bits Floating Point, 16, 32 and 128 bits Vectorial
Internal cache L1: instruction 32KB, data 32KB (8 way) L2: 1024KB (4 way) L3: 4MB.
Virtual console: Nintendo64 CPU+RCP, SNES CPU+PPU and NES CPU+PPU are embedded
Main memory bandwidth : 6.4GB/second (Peak)
Main Memory: 128MB Mosys 1T-SRAM-Q
Additional memory: 512MB Flash RAM
LSI Flipper
Designed by ATI
Manufacturated by NEC
500Mhz
2 Vertex Shader 3.0
4 Pixel Shader 3.0
Based on the ATI RV515
12MB MoSyS 1T-SRAM-Q as embedded memory
Sound DSP capable of 256 channels and real time AC-3 decoding

this would make sense with the size, wouldn't it.

Top Bottom