• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story (Japan) |OT| The Gooch's Final (?) Fantasy

Luigiv

thefro said:
We finally got a color version, in hi-res no-less of the party artwork we saw on the blog a several months back. Click on the pic for a 1600x900 version suitable for wallpaper.

Wallpaper Get!

Firstly the "SURROUND" status... if the enemy surrounds one of your characters, "SURROUNDED" will appear in red and the enemy attacks will do more damage. Your party can do the same team if they surround an enemy, except "SURROUNDED" appears in blue.

Your attacks do more damage if you attack an enemy from behind. You can notice Sakaguchi hiding behind a wall, waiting for the enemy to turn around and then springing out and attacking with a slash move for one example. I assume this is the case for the enemies attacking the player characters as well.
That's pretty cool. I was previously thinking that Elza's gathering skill was lacking in disadvantages but these elements will be an excellent and subtle way to balance things out.

enishi

Got call from my local store today. Luckily I have pre-ordered so that I can get the soundtrack as well (though with HK$80 = ~US$11 more...)

Tempted to start playing but need to finish my work first...

desu

enishi said:
Got call from my local store today. Luckily I have pre-ordered so that I can get the soundtrack as well (though with HK$80 = ~US$11 more...)

Tempted to start playing but need to finish my work first...

Congrats, hope you gonna have lots of fun :D.

enishi

Not start playing yet but took a look in the illustration: a CD box-size booklet with some characters, NPC and enemies illustration; not too impressive but a nice addition

The soundtrack is background music only. If you want the theme song, please get the OST...

Effect

I don't understand why one would do that. Aren't games expensive in Japan to begin with. Buying it just to do that? That is if he did buy it and didn't just steal it.

duckroll

enishi said:
Not start playing yet but took a look in the illustration: a CD box-size booklet with some characters, NPC and enemies illustration; not too impressive but a nice addition

The soundtrack is background music only. If you want the theme song, please get the OST...

Are there full credits in the game manual?

Diffense

SalesAge:
I've seen some estimates that TLS preorders may be 100,000+ at this point.
Numbers like that would make for a decent first week, about 2/3 Xenoblade's LTD.

farnham

Banned
Diffense said:
SalesAge:
I've seen some estimates that TLS preorders may be 100,000+ at this point.
Numbers like that would make for a decent first week, about 2/3 Xenoblade's LTD.
so that means last story will be goochs final game

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Will definitely be watching this thread for impressions. If it comes stateside I'll grab it in a heartbeat. I'm starved for a good non-handheld JRPG.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Big One said:
Troll.

Happens to EVERY game, even Western ones. Good and bad games, shit shows no mercy.
He must be rich considering the price of japanese games.:lol

Big One

Banned
Lafiel said:
He must be rich considering the price of japanese games.:lol
There's more than one people who do it.

I have a feeling these people may work at vendors and just steal a copy to tear it apart.

The game looks damn beautiful right now. From the videos I've seen I'd put it above Monster Hunter 3, and probably in the Super Mario Galaxy realm, graphics-wise. Might be the best looking game on the system technically.

Wow. During a balcony fight Elza was actually able to knock enemies off it for an instant kill.

also, lol at shootng Kanan with banana peels to make her slip.

Fuck, Ganondorf is pretty fearsome in this game.

enishi

Finally opened and played for an hour, just stopped when I get to the town (rather late right now and I have to finish some work before sleep...)

I just finished the prologue part (first 2 chapters).

- Graphically not too impressed (as Wii standard: better than Xenoblade but not up to SMG)
- The battle system is really interesting: a bit feel like Tales + FFXII but with more freedom, with limited environment destruction. I'm still not used to the system yet (weak at action game...)
- BGM really reminds me the old day of Final Fantasy
- Not much about the story yet, hope it will get better later

How many lines of dialogue does this game have?

If this ever gets localized I see old Final Fantasy wait times of about a year or more (if they didn't start mid development)

thefro

FlashbladeGAF said:
How many lines of dialogue does this game have?

If this ever gets localized I see old Final Fantasy wait times of about a year or more (if they didn't start mid development)

12000+ lines of voiced dialogue, plus there seems to be some unvoiced dialogue for some of the unimportant people in the town.

Top Bottom