• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Late Show with Stephen Colbert |OT| Beginning September 8th - 11:30/10:30c

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronRinn

Both those interviews were pretty great. He still has to learn to let his guests talk more than he does, but pretty good nevertheless.

Jonm1010

Banned
That appearance was an excellent decision by the Jeb! campaign team.

When I heard that they accepted this(or sought this out?) it was kinda confirmation Jeb might actually be dumber then his brother.

It really is going to be Trump v. Clinton.

Regiruler

Oh Jeb, you shouldn't have tried to sell that Late Show ticket for a fundraiser. ��

I think that might have been why he put in a little extra bite. The first half of the interview didn't seem to be aimed at that sort of thing.

But maybe I wasn't paying full attention or have a different interpretation of "hard".
He brother would have done better imo

Nah, Jeb is far more well spoken.

Novoitus

Banned
This thread, or atleast this page of this thread, seems like a bunch of the posts were generated by some chat bot somebody created.

Like, really?

pxleyes

Banned
Wow really? I don't know much about him Hut he seemed pretty cool in this interview.

Gotta say Colbert killed it. I have total faith in the show at this point.

... Also a R-rated Steve Jobs biopic? Wow.
One acronym sends shivers down the spines of parents, teachers, and students alike in Florida. FCAT. All thanks to Mr. Bush.

Jonm1010

Banned
I honestly am a bit surprised he went this hard his first episode.

I kinda thought he'd play it a bit more safe. Should be interesting to see how FoxNews spins this tomorrow and if he gets nay more Republican candidates.

Both those interviews were pretty great. He still has to learn to let his guests talk more than he does, but pretty good nevertheless.

Let's face it, Colbert is going to be far more interesting than most of his guests. It's for the better he talks more than them. And if the guest is more interesting you can bet Colbert will want to listen to what they have to say.

antonz

Really did not feel like he was going in that hard on Jeb. Asked pretty standard questions. Going in hard would be finding new angles of attack and hammering them.

dsp

I'm too drunk for this, but that seemed rather casual. That's probably the alcohol talking, though. I'll have to rewatch while sober.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Jeb interview was the only good part of the show. He was not soft on him at all wow.

I'll keep watching though.

Doorman

I wouldn't say that Colbert destroyed him like some people are implying, but he definitely wasn't lobbing layups and it was an interview made for bringing up some actual questions rather than just making the guest look good. I think it bodes well overall that he hasn't lost some of the cynical political edge that made the Colbert Report so popular, it kinda lends a sense of credibility to when he brings a guest of substance on.

...I'm a bit less sold on this musical segment, though.

Jonm1010

Banned
Really did not feel like he was going in that hard on Jeb. Asked pretty standard questions. Going in hard would be finding new angles of attack and hammering them.

It certainly wasn't Jon Stewart prodding and questioning but it was classic Colbert. Let them speak, find an opening, drag them along and then hit them with a few tough jabs they can't recover from.

Miracle

Show was fantastic as expected from Colbert. Loved it.

That Jeb interview was especially amazing. Just tore him apart a new one.

Holy shit. I love all these musicians, especially Ben Folds and Mavis Staples.

This thread, or atleast this page of this thread, seems like a bunch of the posts were generated by some chat bot somebody created.

Like, really?

Really what? Really yourself, pal.

I wouldn't say that Colbert destroyed him like some people are implying, but he definitely wasn't lobbing layups and it was an interview made for bringing up some actual questions rather than just making the guest look good. I think it bodes well overall that he hasn't lost some of the cynical political edge that made the Colbert Report so popular, it kinda lends a sense of credibility to when he brings a guest of substance on.

...I'm a bit less sold on this musical segment, though.

That's how I feel about the interview too. Well done overall.

I'm liking the music segment. Seems fun!

Linkyn

I guess you could say the interview was tough, but any Republican candidate will have to weather much more scrutiny in a general election. Few things can kill your candidacy more quickly than getting really stumped on a question during a debate.

Oh, and really fun first episode. Hope he keeps up the good work and gets the chance to grow and shape the show after the initial wave of excitement has ebbed away.

Most hosts wouldn't have called him out on the BS answer on the W difference question. Most would've been like "oh yeah, you *are* younger. Moving on"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom