• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Leftovers S2 |OT| We're Going To Texas - [Renewed for 3rd and final season]

aett

My favorite episodes from season one were those that were apparently original to the series and not the source material, so I'm looking forward to a new season completely independent of the original book.

Shame about losing the opening, though. I wonder if we'll still hear that same piano theme at least once per episode.

Ricker

Not sure I will watch this...It was 50/50 for me last season,some parts I enjoyed and some parts I absolutly hated...will wait for impressions or catch Episode 1 to see for myself.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
And this actually makes me happy here (let's not talk about Lost...). I don't want any answers. I don't think any exist. I want the characters to want answers and I want to see them flail and struggle and react and I want things to be terrible until maybe one day they aren't.

I'm fine with them never solving the mystery of the Great Departure, but I do wish they wouldn't introduce any other mysteries that they have no intention of solving.

TheOddOne

Season premiere today:
Season 2: episode 1 "Axis Mundi"

Season 2 opens in a Texas town that was renamed Miracle for having no departures, but longtime resident John Murphy is skeptical of charlatans and carpetbaggers who are trying to profit from this good fortune. Meanwhile, the Murphys welcome new neighbors when Kevin, Nora and Jill relocate from New York, hoping to start a new life.

Reza Aslan is a consultant on this show? What? Can't be the one I'm thinking about...

And I think I prefer the season 1 credits. Not a fan of the song.

HBO are two for two for crappy sophomore opening credits, not every show is the Wire, you don't need to mess with them for no reason.

Plasmid

Great first episode back. Lots of mystery. I'm definitely okay with a naked cult compared to the silent one.

Since you're being pretty open about it, do we do spoilers here? Or just speak openly? I don't want to ruin things for people..

I'm only speaking openly about stuff that's aired, like most of the other TV OT's. Have screeners leaked, or stuff from filming? If so, I'd prefer that stuff is locked behind clearly marked spoiler tags.

What was with the random goat sacrifice in the diner that no one cared about?

And the random bird buried in the shoebox that was somehow alive when she uncovered it?

This show is fucking crazy.

What was with the random goat sacrifice in the diner that no one cared about?

And the random bird buried in the shoebox that was somehow alive when she uncovered it?

This show is fucking crazy.

This is why I love it! Just random things that make you think what they mean.

This is why I love it! Just random things that make you think what they mean.

Yup. It's really like nothing else on television. So glad it's back, and I'm really digging the slight change in tone. It's a little lighter, with some darkness around the edges. I'm sure it's going to get nuts though, with one of the trailers showing some possible later season spoilers with
Matt getting put in a stockade with the word HERETIC painted on it.

cLOUDo

good episode just for John Murphy, is a very interesting character

btw, what the fuck with that first minutes?
3FHPj.gif

Dysun

Strange premiere, but that's how I like it. Intrigued on where some of this stuff is going next
Firefighter Dad gives off the ultra creeps

5taquitos

I love the lingering sense of dread and insanity on the edge of every scene. Hooked again, guess that piano theme is going to be stuck in my head for the next few months.

Bloodrage

Banned
Loved the first episode. The opening was beautifully done.

Not liking the new intro. Pure garbage, bad song. Gonna have to mute it every time.

The intro is going to have to grow on me. I liked True Detective s2's just fine.

What an episode. Started off like a standalone episode of Lost would and then it built its way into developing a new family in this "Miracle" town and then bringing in The Garvey's and Ms. Durst to bring the bad karma with them.

Supernatural shit is happening again and I love it.

mm04

I enjoyed the episode. I really hope that Lindeloff isn't red herring us with some of the strange events and scenes we've seen so far. I want an explanation eventually dammit!

Klocker

So...did we just have a departure?

I can't wait to find out more about the earthquakes, and the preserved cracks in the streets.

one of them mentioned fracking in reference to the tremors so I am assuming the ground is unstable due to it.

loved the first ep btw, better than most of last year actually

good episode just for John Murphy, is a very interesting character

btw, what the fuck with that first minutes?
3FHPj.gif

The cycle continues.

Flash back to cave people suffering an inexplicable earthquake event that causes a cave woman and her baby to be left behind. God....er nature intervenes and woman is bitten by a snake and dies. Other cave woman takes the baby and leaves.

Flash forward to Modern times and you can look back to season 1 with the false prophet his sycophantic baby mama and her baby ending up with Nora in a similar fashion

Then this season and we see a crack in the road, seemingly very hazardous glass box covering it, and then another earthquake and a character disappearing.

The cycle continues.

Geist-

Really loved that first episode, just so weird and awesome. I can already tell from this that I'm going to love this season.

Also, I guess I'm in the minority, but even with a more upbeat song this show's opening is depressing-as-fuck. It's great.

mm04

The cycle continues.

Flash back to cave people suffering an inexplicable earthquake event that causes a cave woman and her baby to be left behind. God....er nature intervenes and woman is bitten by a snake and dies. Other cave woman takes the baby and leaves.

Flash forward to Modern times and you can look back to season 1 with the false prophet his sycophantic baby mama and her baby ending up with Nora in a similar fashion

Then this season and we see a crack in the road, seemingly very hazardous glass box covering it, and then another earthquake and a character disappearing.

The cycle continues.

Well I think the prehistoric earthquake kills the fracking theory mentioned by the old geezer. I think that water hole pretty much Lost island! Kidding. But someone tell me what the naked race was about and holy cow it made me feel uncomfortable because I'm not sure how old those girls are supposed to be.

Patryn

John Murphy is a creepy motherfucker.

Seriously, the actor is doing a good job, because when he's acting "friendly" his eyes kind of look dead.

Curious if Matt picked up that he shouldn't say what he was actually going to say or not on his own, or did the Reverend warn him about the vigilante squad?

And if a 5 is burning down the house, what is a 2 or a 3? Beating the shit out of the guy?

I'm also really curious to know what Kevin saw in the living room when he zoned out. A manifestation of Patti, maybe?

I do know about one minor-ish spoiler thing that isn't really a spoiler but will apparently be something that's running in the background of the season. Lindelof talked about it in his interview with Alan Sepinwall. For the curious:
Apparently something is going on in Australia. I have no idea what, but something's happening down there. I think the first hint was the letter.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I'm also really curious to know what Kevin saw in the living room when he zoned out. A manifestation of Patti, maybe?
Definitely. Looks like we'll probably find out next week.

How many episodes til John tears down the hobo's tower? I give it five.

Herbs

Banned
Really fucking digging it though that intense dread and heartbreak and loss from week to week isn't as intense as the first season, at least so far.

Top Bottom