• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Leftovers S2 |OT| We're Going To Texas - [Renewed for 3rd and final season]

As it was taking a copious amount of 30-second skips to make it through this dreadful episode all I could think was "Television critics are really some of the stupidest people in the universe."

That opening cavewoman shit? Oh man, this isn't even so bad it's good, it's just terrible. That feeling when you're thinking "I wish I had started my Fear the Walking Dead recording instead of this one."

Season pass deleted. Better luck next year HBO.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
As it was taking a copious amount of 30-second skips to make it through this dreadful episode all I could think was "Television critics are really some of the stupidest people in the universe."

That opening cavewoman shit? Oh man, this isn't even so bad it's good, it's just terrible. That feeling when you're thinking "I wish I had started my Fear the Walking Dead recording instead of this one."

That part went on a little long, but the rest of the episode wasn't bad.

Why was that part so bad, exactly? Especially compared to "Fear the Walking Dead" of all shows.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
That was certainly compelling. I'm in.

And if a 5 is burning down the house, what is a 2 or a 3? Beating the shit out of the guy?
They were riffing on the multiple-alarm fire categorization system. A 5 to them would be burning the house to the ground with nothing salvageable. The other guys were suggesting smaller levels of damage.

This show, man. I can't necessarily explain why, but every time I watch I am completely transfixed. Only show I can watch without wanting to check my phone/ipad. Opening sequence was intense...

PBY

Banned
I heard the premiere was awesome - do I need to watch S1? Or is the shift hard enough that I can read up on it and be fine.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I heard the premiere was awesome - do I need to watch S1? Or is the shift hard enough that I can read up on it and be fine.
Based on reviews, the S1 stuff comes back in episode 3. But it's like... if you like the show you might as well watch S1. It's another 10 hours of wallowing in misery. lol

Arment

Absolutely loved the first episode.

This show, man. I can't necessarily explain why, but every time I watch I am completely transfixed. Only show I can watch without wanting to check my phone/ipad. Opening sequence was intense...

My exact sentiments.

I would absolutely watch the first season first. Some things won't make sense if you don't.

Frog-fu

Banned
This show is so bizarre, I love it. Great first episode. The Murphys are really interesting. The entire town of Jared is, albeit fucking weird.

KingKong

That was really good. The new characters are so much better than the old ones that it actually annoyed me when I saw Justin Therouxs face

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Kevin Carroll has obviously had a bigger and longer career than Carrie Coon, but you gotta give it up to Damon Lindelof for hiring some great, lesser known actors for this show.

Also, just figured out why I recognized the daughter. She was a guest star on Brooklyn Nine-Nine's "The Mole" episode.

Geist-

Totally agree. Including the cave woman thing and the opening credits, everything pulls in my attention. It's just a beautiful, depressing show that I can't look away from.

~Kinggi~

Banned
You know i really enjoyed the first season despite having some issues. I feel like there is next level greatness here yet in the back of every scene is the looming bullshit you come to expect from one of the guys behind Lost. Like they have a playbook of how to fuck with you and end the show in the shittiest fashion possible.

As for the premiere, aside from the completely awkward and 'are they trolling us?' opening credits bullshit it was wonderful. Lots of "wtf is happening gee wiz" and then the old cast starts to return, which i enjoyed. Ill definitely watch this season cause for some reason its always fascinating in weird ways.

Wow, that was weird. I wondered what the Hell I was watching during the cave woman stuff. And that opening song is awful.

The nudity came out of nowhere, too. That was a shock.

I'm glad the hot daughter from the first season is back and I'm really intrigued about where this season will go. The John Murphy character is so strange.

Dennis

Banned
First episode of the new season was complete garbage. Nothing but trash.

I felt the same way about some of the episodes from last season but still the show was overall compelling with some fantastic episodes and scenes.

So I am not done with the show.

Frog-fu

Banned
I enjoyed the premier of season two. The town is definitely, odd.

They are the 9261 9257, and they are were spared.

HOLD UP

In the span of the first episode, 4 people left Jared and 4 people joined.

wtf, that literally just dawned on me and I have no idea if that's just a coincidence or something more.

fake edit;

What about the Matt and his wife though? Er.... nvm I guess.

fake edit2;

UNLESS Matt and his wife AREN'T in Jared anymore and were only there on visit.

The opening was another good montage of pure human misery. Am I sick that I'm actually a little bit annoyed that
the baby got saved?

kai3345

Banned
if you catch a young hasidic jewish teen in the background of the premiere (or one of the early episodes) - you're looking at ya boy

CGgrSJaUYAADUMX.jpg

Saty

'How many mysteries\questions\weird stuff can we fit in one ep.' Common, you can't fucking write an episode that doesn't dangle endless carrots? Not a good sign for an already poor show. I liked how there wasn't a continuation for the attempted murder thing. Yep, not going to ask nothing else.

Am i crazy or does the second cave woman looks like Laurie?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
if you catch a young hasidic jewish teen in the background of the premiere (or one of the early episodes) - you're looking at ya boy

Congrats! I didn't notice any hasidic jews in the premiere, but i'll be sure to keep an eye out for you in the coming weeks!

Might have helped if season one came out on home video, you know, BEFORE season two premiered.

I didn't realize that post was in another thread when I replied to it, but what else was on at the time? Sunday Night Football and Homeland, right? The show didn't have either of those competitors last year, and had the benefit of a Thrones lead in for the first week or two, right?

Not trying to be TOO delusional about the ratings, but these are definitely some things to keep in mind regarding these abysmal numbers.

Samuray

But abysmal numbers are abysmal numbers, whatever the reason. The show's dead, I'd wager....which is a crying shame.

Can an attempted murderer really become a fireman (chief, no less)? From what I've heard, a lot of people apply to be firemen and it seems like being a convicted felon would filter you out pretty quick.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I didn't realize that post was in another thread when I replied to it, but what else was on at the time? Sunday Night Football and Homeland, right? The show didn't have either of those competitors last year, and had the benefit of a Thrones lead in for the first week or two, right?

Not trying to be TOO delusional about the ratings, but these are definitely some things to keep in mind regarding these abysmal numbers.
Also the season finale of The Walking Dead spinoff, and next week the premiere of regular Walking Dead show... I don't think it's going to get better

Crud

Banned
Can an attempted murderer really become a fireman (chief, no less)? From what I've heard, a lot of people apply to be firemen and it seems like being a convicted felon would filter you out pretty quick.

That is a really good point. Maybe he was lying. Everything about that character is off.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The show's dead, I'd wager....which is a crying shame.

L+SD ratings aren't the be-all end-all, especially for HBO. It'll probably end up with a few million viewers when DVR/SVOD is factored in, which wouldn't be too bad.

The show probably isn't all that expensive to produce, and it's unique and prestigious, so I would wager that HBO will keep The Leftovers on the air for a while longer (as long as Lindelof and Co. want to do another season, that is).

Top Bottom