• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| Class Warfare

I had a bug in chapter 2 where accepting a quest gave me the quest clear message, and completing it gave the quest started message.

Shouta

There's no reason to use him in the next game. He's literally the most useless character in the game. In sen 2, his craft attacks are status aliments and stats down but none of those work on bosses and regular battles aren't even that hard even on nightmare. His best support craft is the 50% heal along with ailments but there an artes that heals everyone to full health along with ailments that covers the whole map. He has high ATS stat which is tied to Alisa but it isn't that high either and Alisa can help regen CP. Emma has the highest ATS stat so there isn't really a point of using him as a damage dealer either.

Resonance Beat and Holy Song combined with spells make him a far more effective healer than Alisa or Emma though. I think he's better if you're looking to go through the game as low level as possible where the others shine in situations where you're trying to maximize damage and all that.

Psxphile

A little sad that level-ups only refill HP and not EP as well, considering how quickly you burn through your reserves (at least this early in the game). Fortunately CP comes to you more frequently so you're not forced to horde your points for special occasions like in TitS.

Dio

Banned
A little sad that level-ups only refill HP and not EP as well, considering how quickly you burn through your reserves (at least this early in the game). Fortunately CP comes to you more frequently so you're not forced to horde your points for special occasions like in TitS.

I actually kind of like that it doesn't refill your EP anymore. It actually gives me a reason to use EP refilling items sometimes rather than just hoarding them and never using them in the entire game.

TR_

In the later game, you can gain around 20 cp per turn by auto regen without buffs.

Xeteh

In the later game, you can gain around 20 cp per turn by auto regen without buffs.

I already feel like this game hands out CP way faster than either Trails in the Sky games I've played do.

I'm really enjoying Cold Steel, after just recently finishing SC I wasn't sure if I wanted to jump back in to another game like it but I'm nearing the end of chapter 2 and I'm having a blast. Yeah, the 3D animation gets kind of poor at parts but who cares, the game is awesome.

TR_

Resonance Beat and Holy Song combined with spells make him a far more effective healer than Alisa or Emma though. I think he's better if you're looking to go through the game as low level as possible where the others shine in situations where you're trying to maximize damage and all that.

That ultimate healing artes can even revive all fallen allies and it gives the buff that gives 20% heal per turn, so having a dedicated healer that can't offer anything else other than just healing is kinda pointless. The strongest characters can do around non-crit 200k+ damage per s-craft and the strongest caster can do around those numbers with 50% ATS buff, using Elliot would only drag battles out.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
When do I get to run around battling & grinding? The first 2 1/2 hours were a good start but the first hour of Chapter 1 is just exploring the school buildings an now I gotta do even more of that ta hand out notebooks. Ahhhh I just wanna level upppp!

Xeteh

When do I get to run around battling & grinding? The first 2 1/2 hours were a good start but the first hour of Chapter 1 is just exploring the school buildings an now I gotta do even more of that ta hand out notebooks. Ahhhh I just wanna level upppp!

Your quest for the principal has you dungeon crawling. So the day after what you're doing now.

TR_

There's no point in grinding for levels since the game drastically decreases exp gain from lower level enemies unless you farm shiny poms.

Bladenic

That ultimate healing artes can even revive all fallen allies and it gives the buff that gives 20% heal per turn, so having a dedicated healer that can't offer anything else other than just healing is kinda pointless. The strongest characters can do around non-crit 200k+ damage per s-craft and the strongest caster can do around those numbers with 50% ATS buff, using Elliot would only drag battles out.

200k??? So you're saying bosses in CS2 have health in the millions?

Also anyone playing on Hard? The chapter 1 boss took me 10 minutes but only due to the high health. Nobody died or even hit red. I'm fine with Normal for mobs but I wouldn't mind more of a challenge. I have a save before the boss so I'm half tempted to do it again on Hard.

Shouta

I'm almost certain Seraphim Ring isn't available until the latter half of the game. I don't recall getting it in the first 3/4ths. It also has a massive EP cost and is healing overkill when 30% or 50% is enough to keep you topped out.

As I said in my last post, he's a pretty important character if you're trying to complete the game at lower levels. He might not be as useful if you're just trying to melt everything but that's only one way to play the game.

Shizuka

After you gain a few levels with Rean's Master Quartz, he starts to gain lots of CP, even when his HP drops below 30%. You can "exploit" that to some degree, despite you only getting that particular bonus once per battle.

Psxphile

Grinding for Sepith is a thing. Also, looks like active Links get 3 points per battle won (while those unlinked get only 1) so grinding to max Character Links could also be a thing... a very tedious thing.

TR_

200k??? So you're saying bosses in CS2 have health in the millions?

Also anyone playing on Hard? The chapter 1 boss took me 10 minutes but only due to the high health. Nobody died or even hit red. I'm fine with Normal for mobs but I wouldn't mind more of a challenge. I have a save before the boss so I'm half tempted to do it again on Hard.

The highest HP in that game is 845032.

So is it simply impossible even on new game + to get 100% bond status with all characters in one run? That seems really dumb :/ I can get if the game only let you have one romance option (if that is even a thing lol) and once you picked it all other girls were locked out.

malfcn

There's the game case, the artbook, and then a little cardboard thing that has the pin inside. If you don't have it, then yours is messed up.

Seems like you're not the only one. Noticed someone else on Twitter claiming they didn't get the pin either.

My wife's copy had the pin, but the cardboard box holding it was already open. Maybe a careless packer let some fall out?

So is it simply impossible even on new game + to get 100% bond status with all characters in one run? That seems really dumb :/ I can get if the game only let you have one romance option (if that is even a thing lol) and once you picked it all other girls were locked out.

Take advantage of save scumming.

There is
romance
options in the game? didnt know that.

TR_

I'm almost certain Seraphim Ring isn't available until the latter half of the game. I don't recall getting it in the first 3/4ths. It also has a massive EP cost and is healing overkill when 30% or 50% is enough to keep you topped out.

As I said in my last post, he's a pretty important character if you're trying to complete the game at lower levels. He might not be as useful if you're just trying to melt everything but that's only one way to play the game.

The problem with the game is that nothing can really kills you at the earlier levels if you buff and use over rise properly, so you don't really need a dedicated healer even at lower levels.

Even at low levels, Alisa is still the better healer and support since she can just do more. At early game, just give Alisa the item that regens 4 cp per turn. By the time that you reach her turn, you just use her craft that gives 40% heals and 40 cp which is way better than any of Elliot's crafts.

Is each sequence unique on each day? If I can see all the story bits in one run with s/l but simply can't get all trophies thats fine.

How to get the deepen bond trophies...

All of these Deepen bond trophies are from the dance event during school festival, so yes you can save scum

I'd recommend you check a guide for it though. It's not as simple.

How to get the deepen bond trophies...

All of these Deepen bond trophies are from the dance event during school festival, so yes you can save scum

So the answer is yes each available bond is unique each day so you can s/l to see all story bits but have to commit to only certain characters getting the extra link exp.

So the answer is yes each available bond is unique each day so you can s/l to see all story bits but have to commit to only certain characters getting the extra link exp.

I just edited it but you posted quickly. >_<

link levels don't have much to do with the bonding trophy. If you read the guide for the bonding trophy, you'll understand.

http://psnprofiles.com/guide/3588-&#33521;&#38596;...ll-Walkthrough

Not sure if better guide exists, it doesn't give any recommendations for who to bond with just states who's available when.
Yeah, this is a better guide. Explains the bonding requirements in-depth.

Shizuka

I'm sorry, but the on and off voicework is so bad, it feels amateurish. It's like random lines are voiced in the middle of the dialogue, just a couple of them. I know it's not XSEED's fault, but what was Falcom thinking?

Xenoflare

I'm sorry, but the on and off voicework is so bad, it feels amateurish. It's like random lines are voiced in the middle of the dialogue, just a couple of them. I know it's not XSEED's fault, but what was Falcom thinking?

Yeah I understand voices only for major plot line events, but the on/off is so unpredictable in this game.

The secret is that this has been all of Falcom's non-Ys games (cause of close to zero voice acting in those) since Zero no Kiseki in 2010. Zero had the least voice work, Ao had a bit more, CS had significantly more, CSII built on that, and then Tokyo Xanadu probably has the most of the bunch.

Xenoflare

The secret is that this has been all of Falcom's non-Ys games (cause of close to zero voice acting in those) since Zero no Kiseki in 2010. Zero had the least voice work, Ao had a bit more, CS had significantly more, CSII built on that, and then Tokyo Xanadu probably has the most of the bunch.

How's the voice work consistency for the Evolution titles?

Xenoflare

100% all the time IIRC.

It doesn't make sense then since Zero Evo came out in 2012.

If it's space that is an issue, at least they could do the usual compromise and only voice major plot events instead of sporadic voice acting

If it's space that is an issue, at least they could do the usual compromise and only voice major plot events instead of sporadic voice acting

iirc Falcom didn't make the Evo versions, it was outsourced.

Dio

Banned

Falcom doesn't make the Evolution versions, Pyramid/Kadokawa does with Chara-Ani VA work.

Top Bottom