• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| Class Warfare

Psxphile

My copy of CSII is in transit. Probably won't be delivered until Tuesday but I fear it may slip into Wednesday.

Doesn't help that today is Labor Day here in the U.S., post offices close on federal holidays.

Gu4n

Ah ok, so it's the length of a normal chapter then. I was wondering if it was a shorter chapter.
No, final chapters in Trails games are usually the longest. In my memory the final chapter of Ao no Kiseki is as long as FC as a whole -- it just went on and on.

Hikami

My game just shipped apparently. First time seeing the "AMZL US" carrier delivering a package to me from Amazon.. it's usually USPS/UPS/FedEx. I've heard nothing but bad things about this carrier, bleh.

Korigama

What I had in mind was a NG+ specific bonus scene
that takes place if you choose Emma for the ride to Heimdallr. Apparently, in NG+, Vita has more lines in this scene afterwards and comments on witches.

I don't know if there are more scenes than that.
Oh, that one. At most, I'll see if I can find that one on YouTube, but I likely won't be going out of my way for it. Whether I feel like redoing parts for myself to watch it will depend on how I'm doing on time.
That's pretty much it. It's basically a little teaser for Cold Steel II, so not terribly relevant anymore at this point in time.
With this in mind, I'm inclined not to bother.

Bladenic

24 hours give or take until my copy is here. FML need to finish Dragon Age Inquisition DLC and I kind of wanted to use this shining Pom shit y'all talking about to grind up a bit. On my A0 rank save Rean wasn't even level 70 so I wanted to at least reach that.

My copy of CSII is in transit. Probably won't be delivered until Tuesday but I fear it may slip into Wednesday.

Doesn't help that today is Labor Day here in the U.S., post offices close on federal holidays.

That's probably why mine is coming Wednesday. Damn American holidays ;_;

No, final chapters in Trails games are usually the longest. In my memory the final chapter of Ao no Kiseki is as long as FC as a whole -- it just went on and on.

Bruh.

Psxphile

Does it have to be a NG+ save with lvl 80 and rank AO, or can it be your final save with those on your first playthrough?

No, any clear save is fine. Also I believe a save right before the point of no return might work too, if that cross-platform clear-save feature is any indication. Which is in keeping with previous Trails games (i.e. you can load a non-clear save if it's after the final dungeon's boss). Someone's going to have to confirm if that's a valid choice, though.

BluWacky

Are any Europeans actually waiting until November? Feels like its just me. Ace Attorney needs to hurry up and be out so I have something to play, currently back on FC to keep me occupied.

I'm waiting. It comes out at a better time for me in terms of work in November, and there are so many other games I've either got on the go or coming out in the interim that I'm perfectly happy; I've already got my eyes on Dragon Quest VII and World of Final Fantasy, not to mention Cosmic Star Heroine if that comes out in time, so there's plenty of JRPG stuff that I can buy to keep me ticking over.

It will be hard to resist spoiling myself entirely, but I shall try and be strong.

Cornbread78

No, any clear save is fine. Also I believe a save right before the point of no return might work too, if that cross-platform clear-save feature is any indication. Which is in keeping with previous Trails games (i.e. you can load a non-clear save if it's after the final dungeon's boss). Someone's going to have to confirm if that's a valid choice, though.

I guess I'll have to play around with it at lunch when I grab my copy tomm.

preta

Ha ha ha no. Not even close. I thought SC had the longest final chapter - it took me about 10 hours IIRC. Though Ao's isn't much shorter.

Aeana

Why are we talking about Cold Steel 2 in this thread? Where is the Cold Steel 2 OT? Please create one if it doesn't exist. I just received the game in the mail today and went looking for the OT only to find everyone using this thread, which isn't going to work.

Cornbread78

Why are we talking about Cold Steel 2 in this thread? Where is the Cold Steel 2 OT? Please create one if it doesn't exist. I just received the game in the mail today and went looking for the OT only to find everyone using this thread, which isn't going to work.

Lol, Crock is posting it today.

Playing through the prologue again is a trip down memory lane after well over 100 hours playing through the later cbapters, lol.

Jeffrey

Nord... keeps going. aefwaofijawoe

also with Sprint on R1, you can't really mindlessly run while browsing the web with your right hand or something.

Squire

Banned
do you find all the npcs in CS2 like with other kiseki sequels?

want to know what happened to the twins.

Sounds like you do, as they'll remember if you helped them in CS1.

The twins are in this either way though. One of them is in a screenshot XSEED put out weeks ago.

Jeffrey

urgh, I hope the bad guys are better than in cs1. I keep forgetting how lame G and C and other dudes were.

The baddies in Trials in the sky were pretty bad too.

Eylos

Banned
About villains

jusis brother is actually one at least considering cs1 events, he is a very good villain

PK Gaming

G was pretty lame, but C left a lasting impression on me.

C is straight up one of my favorite antagonists in years.

The Imperial Liberation Front is goofy as hell, but in a good way. The final act where
things go to hell is pretty much the strongest part of the game for me and it's almost entirely due to them.

Psxphile

It'll be posted in a bit.

waiting on the new OT like

kzs6cOZ.jpg

Here's the OT
Placeholder for now, will have it up in the next two hours.
I had planned on posting later tonight but the seemingly extra early release all over caught me by surprise and in a different town away from my computer :p

Jeffrey

oh god. Just got to the
Rean super saiyan moment again.

Thanks for ruining a cool moment falcom with a shitty
recolor of his hair.

Psxphile

Is the costume dlc worth it? Even on sale it seems little bit pricey

Some of them look good and should have been their default designs (Rean, Emma, Laura), others not so much (Elliot and Fie, poor bastards). I bought them long before the sale because I wanted to support Xseed though, so as far as that was concerned they were very much worth it.

Eusis

Finally playing more of this, am on 4/24 which means I'm visiting Celdic.

. . . This might just be one of the most horrifying RPGs simply because
a type of produce invented in one game evolves to attack people just a year later. And in a neighboring country to boot, not its native one!

Ok, since ToCS2 isn't here yet I decided to give my NG+ game a try. I just had a couple of questions on the save transfer to 2 if anyone knows.

In NG+ if I got rank A0 in my first playthrough, do I need to worry about doing it again in my second playthrough? I was hoping to bum rush everything this time around, maybe getting the
dance acheivements
for everyone, and getting myself up to 80.

Of course I kinda worry that the only thing that will transfer is the quests I complete on my most recent playthrough, that would kinda suck, as I really just want to burn through the game this time.

Ok, since ToCS2 isn't here yet I decided to give my NG+ game a try. I just had a couple of questions on the save transfer to 2 if anyone knows.

In NG+ if I got rank A0 in my first playthrough, do I need to worry about doing it again in my second playthrough? I was hoping to bum rush everything this time around, maybe getting the
dance acheivements
for everyone, and getting myself up to 80.

Of course I kinda worry that the only thing that will transfer is the quests I complete on my most recent playthrough, that would kinda suck, as I really just want to burn through the game this time.

Yes, you'll need to do all the quests over again. Your A0 rank doesn't transfer into a new game.

Yes, you'll need to do all the quests over again. Your A0 rank doesn't transfer into a new game.

Bleh, might just
go back to my last save where I can go to the old school building then to level to 80, and do the Nightmare Playthrrough another time.

I suppose another option would be downloading a save at 80 just to be done with it, assuming that ToCS allows for saves from another account.

duckroll

Since I picked up Cold Steel 2 this week to complete my box package, I decided to start playing the first game. I'm 4 hours in now and this really is Trails of Persona. Haven't even had a single battle in like 2 hours now. Lol.

So what are the missables in this game. I'm in Chapter 1 now. Did I already miss 5 super important obscure items which are needed for the ultimate weapons at the end of the game? :p

Saphirax

Since I picked up Cold Steel 2 this week to complete my box package, I decided to start playing the first game. I'm 4 hours in now and this really is Trails of Persona. Haven't even had a single battle in like 2 hours now. Lol.

So what are the missables in this game. I'm in Chapter 1 now. Did I already miss 5 super important obscure items which are needed for the ultimate weapons at the end of the game? :p

CS1 has a bunch that are missable - optional quests, hidden quests, treasure chest, monsters, a lot of character profiles, books, master quartz. If you're not after the trophies you just need to look out for the hidden quests and if you want to see certain characters' endgame event to know what the prerequisites are (mainly that they have the appropriate link levels).

Yu Narukami

I think you cannot miss anything in the prologue. I used the GameFAQs guide which was quite helpful.

blahness

CS1 has a bunch that are missable - optional quests, hidden quests, treasure chest, monsters, a lot of character profiles, books, master quartz. If you're not after the trophies you just need to look out for the hidden quests and if you want to see certain characters' endgame event to know what the prerequisites are (mainly that they have the appropriate link levels).

Kinda in the same position as duckroll. I am currently on chapter 2 and did not use a guide so far (and dont really want to for my first playthrough). Does your notebook items (character profiles, fish, books, etc) carry over into ng+ or do you have to start from scratch all over again?

Talk to everyone!

Missables are the standard series time limited sidequests and books. And a lot of it is now character notes that you can miss by not talking to a character at the right time and place.

Some Nobody

Talk to everyone!

People have been recommending this and it never set in what that would mean until I realized where some of the hidden quests are and fuck me, there's no way I could follow that advice! You'd literally end up playing for 100 hours. :p

There's a great guide on GameFAQs that's nearly entirely spoiler free. Everyone use that. :p

Anyway, this game is incredible so far. I looked up some reviews and saw some complaints about it being formulaic, but I don't see it that way. It's a standard gameplay loop that they added a lot of structure to, which gives a rhythm to the gameplay and offers a lot to introduce more and more of the world to the player.

Just got to the field study for Chapter 3. It's been a blast playing this so far, but now I just know I need CS2 in my veins! :p. And hoping CS3 gets displayed at TGS.

Saphirax

Kinda in the same position as duckroll. I am currently on chapter 2 and did not use a guide so far (and dont really want to for my first playthrough). Does your notebook items (character profiles, fish, books, etc) carry over into ng+ or do you have to start from scratch all over again?

When you start a NG+ you can spend points to have your notebook transfer over. You can't get all character profiles during one playthrough either.

Cornbread78

You'd literally end up playing for 100 hours. :p
There's a great guide on GameFAQs that's nearly entirely spoiler free. Everyone use that. :p

Yes, it is very easy to rack up 100 hours into the game:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/69491...-trails-of-cold-steel/faqs/72747?page=0#April 17

The above is probably the one you are mentioning and it does a great job of staying spoiler free (just don't read ahead into the boss descriptions before you get there.) IT's a great way not to miss anything along the way.

Top Bottom