• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| Class Warfare

occelinho

You should definitely give Customer Service a Live Chat session. They've helped me out on several occasions. I bought the wrong Destiny bundle for the wrong system (PS3 vs PS4) and they refunded me. I am in the US, but I don't think it should make a huge difference since you bought the item in the US account.

Also, despite how many NeoGaf members and gamers give Sony's Customer Service a bad rep, they've always been really courteous and hospitable towards me whether it's a defective PS3, wrong game bought on PSN, etc.

Good luck!

Oh, your post definitely gave me hope, thank you for that!
I will contact the costumer service now.

Dominator

This is really awesome. Not the pin but the writing at the bottom. Pretty much lets you know the next one is basically a lock for localization.

FDBB799A-D44D-4072-8797-0A20E88DC478_zpstf9wgerj.jpg

FDBK

Although Amazon has just shipped my PS3 LE copy today, I happened to have JUST started XSEED's NA release of Sky FC on PSP as my very first Kiseki game (if Faxanadu on the NES doesn't count) to get myself totally into all things Kiseki. And after FC, Sky SC off of PSN is next.

My plan is to jump onto Cold Steel only after playing through Sky FC and SC so that I can be able to enjoy Cold Steel's references better. What would have made things even better is if I could have already played through all the Sora titles plus Zero and Ao by now.... Hope that once my Japanese fluency is at some competent level, I can be able to go back and play the prior Kiseki titles. From what I've played so far, I'm really liking Sky FC!!!!

RedBoot

Looking at the platinum guide, it says you need two playthroughs for plat. Would it be possible to just playthrough normally on the first run, not worrying about getting 100% or anything, and then do anything you missed on the second run? That would probably be a more relaxing way of doing things.

Won't get my copy til Thursday, but I can distract myself until then.

This is really awesome. Not the pin but the writing at the bottom. Pretty much lets you know the next one is basically a lock for localization.

"Complete the saga with CS2"
But Falcom just announced CS3... lol. Unless it's another case where the story arc ends with the second game like SC and the third game sets up something else.

Shizuka

I was actually thinking to get one, but I didn't make up my mind yet. Guess that will be a good excuse to get one then. At least if Sony won't help me out with this mistake.
Edit: If it's compatible with a european PSTV.

It is, just register your US account.

Looking at the platinum guide, it says you need two playthroughs for plat. Would it be possible to just playthrough normally on the first run, not worrying about getting 100% or anything, and then do anything you missed on the second run? That would probably be a more relaxing way of doing things.

Yeah, you can AFAIK.

Xena

Double dipped on this one to support their localization team; got the CE for Vita and the regular for PS3 for when I want to play on a bigger screen. As others mentioned, I loved the sturdiness of the CE box! I also like the book quality.

Now to decide if I finish Xenoblade X first (65 hrs in, chapter 8), or go ahead and play this one...

Jiraiza

How important are the changes you get from importing the save data from the first game for the second game? Not sure if I want to play through the first game again just to get all the narration changes or whatever in the second game.

Famassu

But Falcom just announced CS3... lol. Unless it's another case where the story arc ends with the second game like SC and the third game sets up something else.
Prior to the announcement of Cold Steel III, the people who've played the Japanese version have given the impression to me as if Cold Steel II doesn't necessarily leave the story at a huge cliffhanger that screams Cold Steel III 100% guaranteed. Some fans have anticipated a third CS while others have held the opinion that it could have gone to another direction. Dunno how complete CSII leaves the saga. If it's like TitS FC + SC -> 3rd, then XSeed didn't necessarily jump the gun (too much).

The second playthrough needs to be on Nightmare difficulty, not sure if you'll want to do the 100% playthrough on the hardest difficulty level, considering how challenging some optional battles can be on easier difficulty levels already. Might be easier to do 100% on first try (with some help from walkthroughs or people who've played the game here for help with missable quests etc.) and then just push through the mandatory story on Nightmare not to frustrate yourself with some hard fights that aren't completely necessary.

That said, I don't know how hard Nightmare is on NG+ with all the things you can carry over. Maybe it's not too hard so that 100%ing the game is decently manageable.

occelinho

Just finished the live chat with the costumer service and they will give me a refund.

WHEW

Will take a few days, so I propably won't be able to play it this year anymore since I will visit my hometown over the holidays, but that's okay.
Thanks again for all the help and information I got here!

*opens CE artbook*

*randomly opens to page where it starts detailing the plot of CS2*

tumblr_mm3d53Y8ng1rl6ypdo1_500.gif

Looks like I'll be waiting to flip though this lol

Sitrus

Cold Steel II finished most of the plot lines introduced in Cold Steel I, but there still are the underlying plot going throughout the whole series. Cold Steel II also brings some new info regarding previous organizations.

I hope Falcom introduces that "other" part of Erebonia which we did not see due to us following Class VII. My inner fanboy wants them to finish the Erebonian and Crossbell Arcs with this one :3

Hmmm, choices, this or summon night 5? As an aside, I couldn't stand trails in the sky, found it terribly boring and childish (don't hate me ;)

RedBoot

Yeah, you can AFAIK.

The second playthrough needs to be on Nightmare difficulty, not sure if you'll want to do the 100% playthrough on the hardest difficulty level, considering how challenging some optional battles can be on easier difficulty levels already. Might be easier to do 100% on first try (with some help from walkthroughs or people who've played the game here for help with missable quests etc.) and then just push through the mandatory story on Nightmare not to frustrate yourself with some hard fights that aren't completely necessary.

That said, I don't know how hard Nightmare is on NG+ with all the things you can carry over. Maybe it's not too hard so that 100%ing the game is decently manageable.

Hm, I think I'm okay with potentially having the second run be tougher if it means I can just go through the first run naturally. I might get lazy and not end up getting the plat after all, of course. :)

Besides, a challenge is always nice. This game's combat looks like it'd be fun for really hard fights.

Lockon

Got my LE this morning at Gamestop. Didnt know they open at 9 during holidays.

Don't know when I'll be able to start this though. Still got Disgaea 5 and Yakuza 5 to finish first.

Famassu

Hmmm, choices, this or summon night 5? As an aside, I couldn't stand trails in the sky, found it terribly boring and childish (don't hate me ;)
I assume you didn't play much more than a few hours of Trails in the Sky. It's far from childish. It starts off pretty light & not-too-serious, maybe even a bit childish in a (well-written) saturday cartoon kind of way, but both the characters & the storyline develop more than most other game stories into completely new directions. If anything, characters like Estelle & Joshua are some of the best, most well-realized & mature teen characters ever to grace JRPGs. They start off as bit childish (they ARE still kids, mind you) but with all the serious shit starting to happen around them, they start to mature quite quickly into their new roles as Bracers.

Though yeah, Trails games are "notorious" for being a bit slow-paced. But the pay-off is really good and even if the overall story doesn't move too quickly for big portions of the games, the character interactions are what make these games so special (especially once you get past the somewhat cliché start of Trails in the Sky & start getting deeper, better realized characters than the stereotypes you're often first introduced to), even when the main storyline isn't too eventful

Just finished the live chat with the costumer service and they will give me a refund.

WHEW

Will take a few days, so I propably won't be able to play it this year anymore since I will visit my hometown over the holidays, but that's okay.
Thanks again for all the help and information I got here!

Awesome. Glad it worked out. See? Sony support is way better than most vocal Internet surfers give them credit for. I can't imagine doing what they do (listening to people, especially douche bags, complain) without going insane.

Trails of Cold Steel finished downloading ages ago...time to wait until after work and after Star Wars VII to play it...

aravuus

I thought TiTS was a bit boring and most of its main cast fucking annoying (which is the main reason I found it boring obviously) yet I'm super excited for this lol

But yeah, didn't get my copy today so I'll have to wait till Saturday at least. Hope it arrives this week at all!

I thought TiTS was a bit boring and most of its main cast fucking annoying (which is the main reason I found it boring obviously) yet I'm super excited for this lol

But yeah, didn't get my copy today so I'll have to wait till Saturday at least. Hope it arrives this week at all!
Yeah, that's what I was getting at--more annoying than boring, but had to call it quits after 25 hours...kept waiting for it to turn around. Anyway this looks a bit more refined and polished, but I had seen summon night 5 just released and was debating between the two

I agree with this but I also know that I probably didn't give it a fair shake. I probably spent like...a couple hours with the game? But Persona 4, one of my favorite games took about 5 hours or more to get started. However, those first 5 hours are obviously better to me than the first 2 hours of Trails in the Skies. So I'll eventually get to it one day since everyone loves this game.

So at a glance today's DLC looks like cheat code stuff. Is there anything there you can't get in game ? Most of it looks like consumables (healing / XP (via Shining Pom) / Sepith / Cooking) but the accessories look permanent (or are the costume type equipment like Tales of ?).

So at a glance today's DLC looks like cheat code stuff. Is there anything there you can't get in game ? Most of it looks like consumables (healing / XP (via Shining Pom) / Sepith / Cooking) but the accessories look permanent (or are the costume type equipment like Tales of ?).

They'll be stat-boosting accessories. I'd be willing to bet it's all stuff you can find in the game though.

Kysen

Make sure you abuse the evade orbments :D(Fie's included). Once my Rean had 70% passive dodge(100% with skills) normal/nightmare difficulty became a cake walk. Running the same setup in the 2nd game as well.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
I'm at the beginning of Chapter 1. Is there a reason why Rean's lines aren't voiced in this scene, but everyone else's are? Seems really bizarre.

grumble

I assume you didn't play much more than a few hours of Trails in the Sky. It's far from childish. It starts off pretty light & not-too-serious, maybe even a bit childish in a (well-written) saturday cartoon kind of way, but both the characters & the storyline develop more than most other game stories into completely new directions. If anything, characters like Estelle & Joshua are some of the best, most well-realized & mature teen characters ever to grace JRPGs. They start off as bit childish (they ARE still kids, mind you) but with all the serious shit starting to happen around them, they start to mature quite quickly into their new roles as Bracers.

Though yeah, Trails games are "notorious" for being a bit slow-paced. But the pay-off is really good and even if the overall story doesn't move too quickly for big portions of the games, the character interactions are what make these games so special (especially once you get past the somewhat cliché start of Trails in the Sky & start getting deeper, better realized characters than the stereotypes you're often first introduced to), even when the main storyline isn't too eventful

I played trails 1 and am currently playing trails 2 and the games frankly are a bit childish. There are more interesting moments laid in, such as the end of trails 1 and a couple of moments in trails 2 thus far, but overall there is a lot of mildly twee stuff.

Top Bottom