• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigSCCP

Wow people around here seems pretty confident with the possibility of a 95+ score.
89 just for the meltdowns lol

Reviews will come lower more thanmost people think. The critics are biased against nintendo in general...
reviews have become more harsh but it's not because they're "biased against nintendo", it's because people are more cautious in awarding very high scores, and are now less afraid to be outside what gamers perceive to be "acceptable" reviews for games they want to be good.

I wouldn't worry too much about the MC score.

We're in an era where people low ball some big releases just for the attention it brings them.

I know opinions will sometimes differ but it's always easy to pin point the ones who want their 5 minutes of fame.

7/10 "Didn't put an end to the rise of right wing populism in Europe."

I expect a 95 mc average with the odd 7/10 review with weird expectations and criticism.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
The salt is going to be real. If it scores above 90 people are going to whine, and if it scores below 94-95 people are going to whine.

DeanBDean

I think it's reasonable to suspect that if it's under 96 Metacritic that Nintendo will sue all the devs for their wages

daxy

The salt is going to be real. If it scores above 90 people are going to whine, and if it scores below 94-95 people are going to whine.

You were dead on when you posted this in the preview thread:

0-92 Metacritic = Garbage
93 = Crushing Disappointment
94 = Mild Disappointment
95 = Neat
96 = Aww yeah
97 = Nut
98 = Internal screaming
99 = Not going to happen

Altairre

That feeling when you're having a blast with Horizon Zero Dawn but already know you're going to have to pause playing it for two months -_-.

To be honest I'm invested enough in the story, world and characters of Horizon that I want to finish that first. After all these years I'm really in no rush to play Zelda. All signs point to it being a fantastic game and it's always nice to have something to look forward to.

Frodo

10/10 on EDGE

and

40/40 on Famitsu

uJ9OUQT.gif

I'm preemptively gonna stealth call-out en-masse the people who are sleeping that are subconsciously hoping it scores better than Horizon in the morning.

Don't do that.

terrible

Banned
I'll go with a 95 MC for my guess I think. All the previews have been overwhelmingly positive and Zelda reviews well in general already.

This is going to be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom