• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legend of Zelda 10
Zelda II: Adventure of Link dunno, it was always this huge bitch to me
A Link to the Past: 10
Link's Awakening 10
Ocarina of Time 10
Majora's Mask 7
Wind Waker 8
Twilight Princess 9
Phantom Hourglass 6
Spirit Tracks 6
Link Between Worlds 9
Skyward Sword 10

Personal ranking so far. Let's add another 10, baby.

Legend of Zelda 10
Zelda II: Adventure of Link dunno, it was always this huge bitch to me
Link's Awakening 10
Ocarina of Time: 10
Majora's Mask 7
Wind Waker: 8
Twilight Princess: 9
Phantom Hourglass 6
Spirit Tracks 6
Link Between Worlds 9
Skyward Sword 10

Personal ranking so far. Let's add another 10, baby.

The Legend of Zelda: 10
Zelda 2: 7
Link's Awakening: 9
Ocarina of Time: 10
Majora's Mask: 10
Oracle of Seasons: 9
Oracle of Ages: 8
Minish Cap: 8
Four Swords: 6
Four Swords Adventures: 9
Wind Waker: 9
Twilight Princess: 9
Phantom Hourglass: 7
Spirit Tracks: 8
Skyward Sword: 8
A Link Between Worlds: 9
Tri Force Heroes: 8

I'm ready for another 10 as well!

Frodo

famitsu sis...
uJ9OUQT.gif

I know, but it is worth mentioning because everyone was like "as good as Nintendogs" (as expected and understandably so, but...). Then people went on "and EDGE 10/10 review is worth a billion Famitsu's 40/40" There it is.

uJ9OUQT.gif

I don't think there is anyway this will score lower than a 90 BUT I would really love to peer into an alternative universe where this gets a 87 and watch the chaos in this thread.

The Rage will be real if it gets below 90.

People are out of their minds if they think this game is gonna 90+ MC.

Lots of websites don't usually tolerate technical flaws, and this seems to be the only (and big) problem of BotW.

I can easily see a grand amount of 8.x

fantomena

Im very eager to buy the WIi U version, but hopefully the reviews will be good and they will state what's bad about the Wii U version.

daxy

I don't think there is anyway this will score lower than a 90 BUT I would really love to peer into an alternative universe where this gets a 87 and watch the chaos in this thread.

Didn't you read the CERN thread? We've clearly already been displaced into the worst timeline.

Prithee Be Careful

Industry Professional
I'm expecting low-to-mid 90's. When it comes to Zelda, reviewers always overshoot.

Skyward Sword got a 93 I think and it was only 'good' at best. I should have clearly been docked for the swallow-the-spider-to-catch-the-fly quest design, lack of narrative and the lacklustre reuse of the same three small areas.

But it was Zelda, so it was 'a masterpiece' instead. Same happens with Uncharted, for some reason. A well-polished shooter, with great presentation values and all the depth of a car-park puddle. If not for the Washington Post U4 would have netted a 94, which I really find hard to justify...

Coffinhal

This is not a review thread but a metascore thread. Let's not use the wrong words, few people discuss what is in the reviews, even after they came out, it's just about arguing whether the number is worth what you expected to have without playing the game. Definition of emptiness.

kyo2004

Today will be a nightmare thinking about BotW at work site... So much hype for this game for a lot of time since that E3 reveal... :)

BTW, 96 MC it's my guess... :)

Frodo

to be fair, nintendogs CAME
uJ9OUQT.gif

Nintendogs was a great game for what it proposed to do. But of course, as you don't shoot anything, and as it wasn't grey and brown and you didn't develop strong emotional connection with the characters (debatable point, btw) TEH HARDCORE!!!!1 was insulted anyone could actually like it and actually review it as high as they did. Hence the outrage.

ckaneo

People are out of their minds if they think this game is gonna 90+ MC.

Lots of websites don't usually tolerate technical flaws, and this seems to be the only (and big) problem of BotW.

I can easily see a grand amount of 8.x

Are you sure? it seems to me that people care so little about technical flaws, game developers keep releasing games without fixing them and promising to patch later.

Bloodborne and the Withcher, both GAF darlings werent without technical flaws...

Dont get me started on the mess that was Skyrim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom