• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Y2Kev said:
just clerks who indulge fat manchildren and their obese mothers in conversation about "how awesome mario kart will be" when I'm trying to pick up my preorder

Something Something Magazine Rack

TheBanditKing said:
Glad you got yours, still can't get through to customer support.
I'm rooting for you, BanditKing. I sure hope nintendo's able to get it all sorted out for you.

Reknoc said:
Because without it there's an annoying empty spot on my map screen and it'd keep bothering me.
I'm glad I'm not the only person who does this.

smokeymicpot said:
Going to gamestop they better not say I needed to reserve it.

Hopefully the gaming stores got a better supply than regular chains. My Kmart only got 4 copies - I think retailers were nervous about placing large orders due to the slow sales of the system.

Muskweeto

What an awsome day for me, I get to pick up my preorder of OOT in two hours and I just got my neogaf account accepted. Life is good.

Edit: And the wait is killing me.

Reknoc

Why would you do that? said:
Fire Temple? Don't try and comb through every last inch of that temple. Not now, at least. Trust me.

You need the Scarecrow's Song to access the 2nd tower.

Thanks. Already been in there, not sure how I missed it.

Used latest version of Chrome. With Ad-Block on. It's in my Rewards Inquiry queue. Got a confirmation email. Feeling pretty pimp right now.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Why do I have 10 times the knowledge of any clerks working in a video game store?

Me: Do you have Ocarina of Time 3D?
Clerk: No. Didn't receive it. Else it should be on the counter when I open the store.
Me: Did you check the back store?

Clerk goes, come back with an envelope with a mere 4 copies of OoT. (Seriously, wth.)

Me: Do you have 3DS Pre-Paid Cards?
Clerk: No, but we have Wii Points Cards.
Me: They don't work on the 3DS.
Clerk: What, seriously?
Me: ... (Shouldn't he know that stuff?)

Ebenezer

Banned
JacksUsername said:
Hopefully the gaming stores got a better supply than regular chains. My Kmart only got 4 copies - I think retailers were nervous about placing large orders due to the slow sales of the system.

Or it could be another one of those deals where Nintendo only ships a couple copies to each store and next you hear Reggie talking about how much of a success it was because it's sold out everywhere.

Muskweeto

BY2K said:
Why do I have 10 times the knowledge of any clerks working in a video game store?

Clerk: No. Didn't receive it. Else it should be on the counter when I open the store.

Clerk goes, come back with an envelope with a mere 4 copies of OoT. (Seriously, wth.)

A Gamestop just opened near me and the staff actually know what they're talking about. I'm amazed.

Alrus

Ebenezer said:
Or it could be another one of those deals where Nintendo only ships a couple copies to each store and next you hear Reggie talking about how much of a success it was because it's sold out everywhere.

When did that even happen?

shadyspace said:
Used latest version of Chrome. With Ad-Block on. It's in my Rewards Inquiry queue. Got a confirmation email. Feeling pretty pimp right now.

Further proving that it works randomly, some web designer is getting chewed out come Monday morning.......

EmmanuelMunoz said:
I had to convince the clerk at K-mart that Nintendo games come out on Sunday. It was rough

Haha, same here. I always have to do that at my local K-mart. Today wasn't bad, she just shrugged and sold it to me after she grabbed it from one of the draws behind the counter, but previously I've had associates insisting that games only come out on Tuesdays and I didn't know what I was talking about.

BY2K said:

That could be the fault of Nintendo not properly passing on the information to retailers or the retailer not passing on the information to employees.

I find the employees at most EB Games are very knowledgeable though.

So I don't feel like reading through the last few hundred posts, so can somebody tell me if I go to the store and get the game today, will I be able to get the soundtrack?

gimz

im gonna go get the game right now! and today i expect a lot of street pass in downtown toronto, because of MMVA (Lady Gaga is gonna be here, not that i care much), plus all kind of festival.

I suggest everyone to wear the Link's hat on their mii for today to celebrate ZElda OOT release in NA!!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Just entered the Deku Tree and it does look pretty nice. But the ghosting in 3D that shows up if i dont keep my 3DS right in front of my eyes in a perfect angle is distracting.

I hope its possible to fix in some later version of the 3DS... if that's possible.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Picked up Zelda. The local Best Buy is one of, if not the biggest/busiest stores in Atlanta. They recently moved to a new storespace...the 3DS section was microscopic and they didn't have the game on shelves yet. I found someone else looking for it who said that a clerk was checking the back. He came out with a whopping TWO copies available, lol.

Tigel

isoku said:
Soundtrack promo popped up for me. Using chrome by the way.
The superior browser
Huh, how does this work? I registered my game fine, but I didn't get any notice concerning the soundtrack.

rhino4evr

Didnt I read somewhere that OOT 3D would ship in a small quantity due to poor sales of the 3DS? Maybe that's why these stores are only getting a handful of copies?

giggas

Registered (using Chrome) didn't get the pop up afterward. I'm not even sure I give a shit... maybe I'll send customer service an email tomorrow.

What's with companies botching giving out their free stuff? I lost my free PSP games as well when all that went down and never bothered to sort that out either.

Truth101

Banned
YES! I successfully ordered my soundtrack, using Opera here.

rhino4evr said:
Didnt I read somewhere that OOT 3D would ship in a small quantity due to poor sales of the 3DS? Maybe that's why these stores are only getting a handful of copies?

No, they've probably shipped quite a bit.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Me: "I'm here to pick up Zelda"
GameStop Employee: "Oh okay, would you like to guarantee the game for a year? It's only $3"
Me: "No, I'm okay"
GameStop Employee: "Well, let me just calculate it onto your total and tell you how much it would cost"
Me: "..."
GameStop Employee: "It's going to cost $15.38 after you're trade in bonus"
Me: "Okay. I don't want it."
GameStop Employee: "Okay. Would you like to get the guide book as well? You get 20% off if you buy it now."
Me: "... no"
Me: "Isn't the pre-order suppose to come with a poster?"
GameStop Employee: "We didn't get any, sorry"
Me: "..."
GameStop Employee: "Okay. Here's your game. Is there anything else you'd like to pre-order today? Maybe the new Zelda for Wii?"
Me: "... no"
GameStop Employee: "Okay, have a nice day!"
Me: "..." walking away.

lol I hate GameStop >_>.

At least I did get the game though - Haven't opened it just yet.
zTlYQl.jpg

Damn you Canadian cover, ruined by the French thing on the left.

gwiz210 said:
No soundtrack popup for me. Fix your shit Nintendo.
Same here, that is why I got the game early too. I was on hold forever on the phone so I just sent something from the web form, hopefully they can hook me up.

Clipper

I received a popup, but it has nothing in it. Am I meant to do anything here? This is kinda scary. I used IE due to the warnings, but now I'm beginning to regret it. Here's what I see:

soundtrack.png

So basically, my question is: Is there meant to be any interaction in the pop-up?

gwiz210 said:
No soundtrack popup for me. Fix your shit Nintendo.
This. Please ;(

Clipper said:
I received a popup, but it has nothing in it. Am I meant to do anything here? This is kinda scary. I used IE due to the warnings, but now I'm beginning to regret it. Here's what I see:

soundtrack.png

So basically, my question is: Is there meant to be any interaction in the pop-up?

That pop up might be for the age stuff so you don't have to reenter the age, month, and if you are an advance player or any of that stuff.

Sianos

I'd suggest disabling all your pop-up blockers before trying to register it.

Hopefully it works for me, it seems a lot of people are having problems. :(

Truth101

Banned
Top Bottom