• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Thoraxes

meltingparappa said:
For what it's worth, there's a 99-post topic on the official nintendo forums with people saying they never got the prompt to get the soundtrack, and people on CAG are reporting the same mixed results.

I sent an e-mail to http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webform.jsp, and there's also a customer service number (1-800-255-3700) for order problem solving if you'd like to go that route.

Hopefully they have more than four copies of the soundtrack lying around and will get them out to everyone.
Thank you for this link. I sent them a message too!

rhino4evr said:
Never seen so many people get worked up for a free soundtrack. You know someone will rip it and upload it, within minutes of it's release anyway.
But having the special swag is different... and it feels oh so good.

Teknoman

rhino4evr said:
Never seen so many people get worked up for a free soundtrack. You know someone will rip it and upload it, within minutes of it's release anyway.

Its probably the point of actually having the CD though.

DrStiles

Thoraxes said:
Which e-mail was it? There's a bunch here on the site.
It was just some form on support.nintendo.com I used the instructions that were posted here for it. Though I just got off the phone with nintendo support and they're getting tons of calls about it, so they just take all your information and said they'll contact me either Monday or Tuesday with details on what they're doing about this, since it seems to be a crapshoot of whether or not the soundtrack pops up. The phone number is 1-800-255-3700 , so just call and ask to speak to a service rep and they'll take care of it.

rhino4evr said:

I'm really over exaggerating on my part but I really do want this. Also I want the genuine article not a downloaded/burned copy. I buy a lot of game OST's and this one is very hard to come by, so this is likely my last chance to own it.

This games OST is also one of the largest pirated/bootlegged albums I have seen, Ebay is chock full of "new" copies of this from Taiwanese bootleg manufacturers "EverAnime" and "SonMay" which if anyone else here buys game OST's check your collection for these brands as you got ripped off (happened to me some years ago when I first started collecting OST's).

JackFrost said:
wish as many people would scream at nintendo on their forums for their crappy eShop as they are for a music soundtrack :/
I've been trying to find a legit copy of this soundtrack for years, and I flipped out more over their announcement of the soundtrack at e3 than you could probably ever imagine.

I'm really hoping that there's still one left when I register and that I get that popup window.

Edit: High-five, BanditKing!

Thoraxes

At first when my registration for the CD didn't work cause I got no prompt, I was getting depressed, especially because it's my birthday today!

Then I came here, and found out it's a widespread problem, and showed me links and phone numbers to send to talk to the right people.

Birthday is not ruined after all. Time to dig in to this game!

DrStiles said:
It was just some form on support.nintendo.com I used the instructions that were posted here for it. Though I just got off the phone with nintendo support and they're getting tons of calls about it, so they just take all your information and said they'll contact me either Monday or Tuesday with details on what they're doing about this, since it seems to be a crapshoot of whether or not the soundtrack pops up. The phone number is 1-800-255-3700 , so just call and ask to speak to a service rep and they'll take care of it.
Depending on how fast I receive an e-mail over the course of the next week, I will definitely keep this number handy, thanks!

Typographenia said:
I've been trying to find a legit copy of this soundtrack for years, and I flipped out more over their announcement of the soundtrack at e3 than you could probably ever imagine.

I'm really hoping that there's still one left when I register and that I get that popup window.

I totally understand everyones want for the CD, im leaving to get my copy in a 1/2 hour, and god willing I want my cd as well.
My post was a simple observation that on the forums theres a million wtf cd posts and like no wtf your 3ds eShop content blows posts.

isny

napkin dispenser
I decided to pick up a copy at retail due to the mail strike happening up here in Canada. Got the last copy at WalMart! (at 9:30am!)

JackFrost said:
I totally understand everyones want for the CD, im leaving to get my copy in a 1/2 hour, and god willing I want my cd as well.
My post was a simple observation that on the forums theres a million wtf cd posts and like no wtf your 3ds eShop content blows posts.
Because it's a tech forum mostly. If you post something that's doesn't have to do with an error or a problem you are having it will get locked.

Typographenia said:

Same to you good sir!

JackFrost said:

For me personally I realized long ago that Nintendo does what they want, and nothing I say or complain about to them is going to change that. This on the other hand they promised to give to the early buyers and I definitely did that (got it Friday see a few posts back) and while getting them to change is difficult I will always hold them to their word.

Could the way that you answer the last question be the reason you do/don't get the popup window?

I know I chose something like "I got the game early because of the soundtrack" and I didn't get the popup. Just curious what the people that got the window chose for the last question.

WolfofMebu said:
Could the way that you answer the last question be the reason you do/don't get the popup window?

What a dirty trick that would be
wario-troll-face.jpg

Teknoman

Better still have some CDs when I get home. You'd think they would have enough for everyone who purchased on launch day + 1 at least.

Southern California here, finally got my copy. Just a little disappointed the game doesn't come with a slip cover. It did in the U.K., didn't it? No big deal, I guess. Now wish me luck while I try to register the game and order the soundtrack.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Fuck.

Now my stupid Wal-Mart is sayign that they won't release these game until tomorrow. If Gamestop doesn't have any extra I'm stuck until tomorrow and I'm guessing I get no CD. :(

DidntKnowJack said:
Southern California here, finally got my copy. Just a little disappointed the game doesn't come with a slip cover. It did in the U.K., didn't it? No big deal, I guess. Now wish me luck while I try to register the game and order the soundtrack.

See my post a page or so back, I got my copy on Friday and I did not get any slip cover with it. If any US copies come with it I am guessing it would be retailer specific (like how Best Buy got a clear plastic slipcover for Kingdom Hearts 385/2 on DS)

Oro

Dammit, no pop-up for the soundtrack. Hopefully the number of complaints they're receiving makes them do something...

The order for my soundtrack went through without a hitch. Oh, thank you thank you.

edit: And just in case anyone cares, I used Firefox 4.0.1, no pop up blockers enabled.

k91191

I turned off Adblock Plus before I registered the game. After I completed the survey, I got the popup.

"We will begin shipping the soundtrack CD the week of July 5. Please allow 1-2 weeks from the ship date for delivery."

dexterslu

Picked up two copies at the local GS and ordered two soundtracks with no problem (one is for a friend). Only got one street pass, bummer.

Just finished the first dungeon - game is great as I remember. I think most of it holds up pretty well actually. Wish there was a way to switch the targeting to R though. My hand always gets cramped up using the L button and I use the L targeting way more than I use the shield. Already switched targeting to "Switch" instead of hold though.

Looks really nice on the screen as well - better than the blown up videos I've seen before (never downloaded the e-shop trailer). Also 3d effect is pretty nice in this game - a bit subtle but effective. It's neat when you break a rock nearby and the some pieces fall right in front of the camera - they pop out quite a bit. Looking forward to seeing the field.

Preordered on Amazon. It looks like I wont get the game until Wednesday. What are the chances of still getting that soundtrack by then?

Dystify

biggkidd32 said:
Preordered on Amazon. It looks like I wont get the game until Wednesday. What are the chances of still getting that soundtrack by then?
It hasn't been publicized how many Soundtrack copies they're giving away. It seems like the game is selling rather well right now so unless Nintendo created them en masse your chances seem rather low at the moment.

biggkidd32 said:

I don't think anyone would know for sure right now - the errors happening on the Club Nintendo site are obviously not from stock issues, it's just some weird glitch. Considering they are not shipping until early July, I'm hoping they are keeping a good inventory and planned to have some for more than just day one purchases, but at this point, there's no real way to tell.

biggkidd32 said:
A CSR told a CAGer that they have "plenty in stock". I mean, think of how many people own a 3ds, then how many people would buy this the first few days, much less the first week. SURELY they have enough to cover that many, at least.

Also, I heard it mentioned somewhere that they're planning on making the soundtrack available as a reward bonus eventually, perhaps as overflow for the stock that doesn't move.

Dystify

Oh, could you guys say with which browser you tried to register with and if it worked or not?

Would be nice. Thanks in advance.

JetBlackPanda said:
Got a pop up and ordered it.. am I golden?

Should be, you also will get an e-mail confirmation.

Oh, could you guys say with which browser you tried to register with and if it worked or not?

I was able to order the CD using Firefox 4.0.1, but someone else in this thread used 4.0.1 as well and didn't get it. Only thing that can be recommended at this point is to disable all ad block software or any similar extensions or add-ons and hope for the best -_-

Reknoc

Amazing. Second temple, I'm looking right at the boss door and I have boss key... But no, I now have to comb every last inch of the temple because I somehow missed the compass.

meltingparappa said:
A CSR told a CAGer that they have "plenty in stock". I mean, think of how many people own a 3ds, then how many people would buy this the first few days, much less the first week. SURELY they have enough to cover that many, at least.

Also, I heard it mentioned somewhere that they're planning on making the soundtrack available as a reward bonus eventually, perhaps as overflow for the stock that doesn't move.

Great so I don't really have to root for the glitch on the site right now.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Reknoc said:
Amazing. Second temple, I'm looking right at the boss door and I have boss key... But no, I now have to comb every last inch of the temple because I somehow missed the compass.

Why would you need the Compass?

YES! Oh man, YES!

Soundtrack has been ordered!
Of course, now I still have no means of actually playing the game. Oh well, 3DS lite won't be too far off. I hope.

Good luck to all of my fellow GAF people still yet to purchase their copies.

DidntKnowJack said:
The order for my soundtrack went through without a hitch. Oh, thank you thank you.

edit: And just in case anyone cares, I used Firefox 4.0.1, no pop up blockers enabled.

I use the same browser and version never got the window.

Typographenia said:
YES! Oh man, YES!

Soundtrack has been ordered!
Of course, now I still have no means of actually playing the game. Oh well, 3DS lite won't be too far off. I hope.

Good luck to all of my fellow GAF people still yet to purchase their copies.

Glad you got yours, still can't get through to customer support.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
kaskade said:
Did something happen?
just clerks who indulge fat manchildren and their obese mothers in conversation about "how awesome mario kart will be" when I'm trying to pick up my preorder

Reknoc said:
Fire Temple? Don't try and comb through every last inch of that temple. Not now, at least. Trust me.

You need the Scarecrow's Song to access the 2nd tower.

Top Bottom