• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

GcRayden

You know, starting off in the forest every time you save in town isn't that bad.

I have to go back to the forest to learn Saria's song anyway. I can just warp there by saving in the village and reloading my save! :D

KaYotiX

Banned
I'm sure it's not a limited soundtrack. Especially now since this cluster fuck happened to the site. They will prolly come back and say everyone that registered before a certain time will get one

Just ordered the Soundtrack through the website!

Edit: Website is still telling me I don't have any Reward Orders. They did confirm my address and tell me the order was confirmed as well.

Zerokku said:
Yes. Generally that exact same kind of pattern in every Zelda.
Link's Awakening on Gameboy you would continue outside the last door you entered, be it dungeon, cave, or house. A Link to the Past you could choose one of three continue points, GBA version you basically continued exactly where you left off.

Yeahhhh... got a chance to play this one way or another. I've never touched a 3DS and I have to say I apologize internally for feeling it was a gimmick. Love this effect, looks GREAT with Zelda. Wowzers.. Not so sure about 10-12 inches, not only is it uncomfortable to hold it far but it seems like I can see a LOT better at 6 or so inches. Well, maybe realistically it's more like 8 I guess? Kind of surprising the tech works so well generally speaking. I notice some problems on rapid motion or sometimes when effects are coming "directly" at me. Beat the first dungeon, cutscene looked great in 3D.. Can run it on full and don't have any real problems. Pretty satisfied in general with the effect (yeah, I haven't even made it into a kiosk display or anything by now).

Gyro aiming is great! I don't have any ghosting problems, seems quasi natural to move myself a bit with it, it just works. It's smooth and great for the most part thus far. Likinggggg it! Time to let go for now, though.

Remind me,
you do get your own Cucco later on, don't you? I keep coming across jumps I can't make and I vaguely remember whipping a Cucco out of my inventory

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I just registered and received the soundtrack link. Shipping the 5th of July and it says to allow 1-2 weeks for delivery. Score!

PumpkinPie said:
Remind me,
you do get your own Cucco later on, don't you? I keep coming across jumps I can't make and I vaguely remember whipping a Cucco out of my inventory
You never get one that lets you fly. You can get one during the Biggoron's Sword quest, but it doesn't do anything useful and you have to give it away.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
kiryogi said:
What's the soundtrack link!
The button on the pop-up window. Someone posted a picture of it on the last page. I'm sorry you didn't get the pop-up window. Hopefully your web browser didn't block it or something.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Nice review by The Guardian:

In 1998, at arguably the height of its creative powers, Nintendo released a game that is commonly regarded as the finest ever made. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is considered the pinnacle of game design; an action-adventure par excellence which has inspired countless other titles.

Ocarina's world looks brighter and crisper than ever. Shops and towns throb with detail, just as graphical tweaks for the menagerie of monsters found in and outside the puzzle-ridden dungeons augment the still striking creature design.

Nudging the console's 3D slider upwards completes the picture. The added depth makes navigation easier, while arresting effects abound – fairy helper Navi swoops in and out of the screen as she follows elfin hero Link, while fireflies appear to hover gently in the space just above your thumbs. Meanwhile, outdoor areas seem to stretch wider and farther than in the N64 original, with the moon rising and falling in the distance.

Yet these cosmetic nips and tucks are not the only adjustments. The gyroscopic sensor in the 3DS hardware is put to good use, allowing you to aim from a first-person perspective by moving the console around; awkward when playing on public transport, perhaps, but a godsend when firing Link's slingshot at fast-moving foes.

These changes help to modernise a game now two generations old, but even without such revisions, Ocarina feels timeless. It is, simply, a rollicking good adventure: an exciting and epic fairy tale that satisfies the mind, the reflexes and the heart in equal measure. To venture into the world of Hyrule is to be enriched and enraptured by a game that remains, 13 years on, the one to beat.

Smiles and Cries said:
how is this selling?

I want it but I really do not feel like buying a 3DS right now unless I pass on the Android phone I don't really need :(

Well, it came out just a few hours ago in North America - it's selling like hot cakes!

CoolS

Smiles and Cries said:
I was thinking Japan and Europe already had a few days of sales thats why I asked

Probably to early to tell, though Japan seems too have bought very much of the little copies Nintendo shipped.

Electivirus said:
Not a system seller, my butthole.

Pretty glad I preordered a copy. Don't really wanna feel like I have to rush to get mine. >.<

In the overall scheme of things, I doubt this will be a system seller. It'll certainly get some units going, but I can't see it having anywhere near the mainstream appeal to have a significant impact.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

madmackem

People posting in more uk based forums are posting that there is sellouts of this game in places like game and the like. If thats down to a small number being shipped to stores or a real hit i guess we will find out when the pal charts hit next week.

I'm stuck.

After turning into older Link, you are told to go to Kakariko village. I've managed to get the Song of Storms but that is it so far. I hear people talking about the graveyard but I can't find anything there.

Thanks for any help!

RagnarokX

ashbash159 said:
I'm stuck.

After turning into older Link, you are told to go to Kakariko village. I've managed to get the Song of Storms but that is it so far. I hear people talking about the graveyard but I can't find anything there.

Thanks for any help!
You can push the gravestones

Deku

Banned
I can't believe that I'm still awake.

Haven't touched Ocarina in about 13 years now. Played bits of it on GC from the free Disc Nintendo sent out, but the buggy and laggy interface turned me off.

Very excited to revisit my old haunts soon.

Alrus

madmackem said:
People posting in more uk based forums are posting that there is sellouts of this game in places like game and the like. If thats down to a small number being shipped to stores or a real hit i guess we will find out when the pal charts hit next week.

I don't think the shipment was particularly low in Europe, I went to a few stores in my town and they all had a hefty amount of copies like every other big release.

On the game, I finished the Water temple yesterday... I still think it's the most tedious dungeon ever made even with the changes made to it, I really dislike it.

KaYotiX

Banned
Last time I played this was the original launch and played it non stop till I beat it.

Just got my copy at walmart and wow this game still is amazing!! I really hope Majoras Mask is in the works. If not it should be.

7am the mall does not open until 10am
I can go get this game and a 3DS but I fear I might regret it.

I cannot see 3D so I have not rushed to get one... maybe I'll breakdown in a few hours

NateDrake

The site was open for a moment just now, registered the game, and didn't get the option to select to get the soundtrack. Guess I'm out of luck.

NewFresh

NateDrake said:
The site was open for a moment just now, registered the game, and didn't get the option to select to get the soundtrack. Guess I'm out of luck.

In that case I am in no rush. Probably wait till tomorrow to get it

DarkWish

Wait... so the soundtrack thing is over already?! No! I have a GameStop gift card and they don't open here until 11 am. This sucks!

NateDrake

DarkWish said:
Wait... so the soundtrack thing is over already?! No! I have a GameStop gift card and they don't open here until 11 am. This sucks!
It's not over. Just not everyone is getting the prompt to get the CD for some reason. Could be browser settings or something on Nintendo's end.

Izayoi

Banned
This whole soundtrack thing is incredibly stupid.

Basically, if you didn't get it from a retailer who broke street date, you're fucked?

Fucking awful.

DarkWish

NateDrake said:
It's not over. Just not everyone is getting the prompt to get the CD for some reason. Could be browser settings or something on Nintendo's end.
Oh ok. So then anyone who successfully registered the soundtrack, could you post what browser you used?

AbsoluteZero said:
Is it like Advance Wars? Because I'm generally terrible at and thus hate those kinds of games.
It's more like Final Fantasy Tactics, Fire Emblem, etc.

Advance Wars is kind of like a turn-based RTS, you gather resources to buy more units at bases and keep throwing waves of your guys at the enemy's guys. Certain units are much better than others for different purposes.

Shadow Wars and its brethren like Fire Emblem are more like a strange game of chess. It's a focus on individual characters and their powers, you don't get any more characters throughout the fight. There's less focus on which units you use and more focus on how you position your units, how you gang up on the enemy.

It's also much easier than most games in the genre so you might have an easier time with it too.

Top Bottom