• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Synless

So I registered the game on Club Nintendo, no pop-up. What the fucks the deal?? I want my soundtrack.

I was using the firefox browser.

Izayoi

Banned
We need people who got their soundtrack to confirm what browser they were using.

If they're already out they might as well have not advertised it at all, because that's awfully stupid.

Izayoi

Banned
BigNastyCurve said:
Um, it's not and you won't.
I would argue that it's a system seller.

Couple of my friends were holding out on a 3DS until this, and I know some people here are getting a one for it.

Only five copies at my target. Three were gone by the time I left.

I also registered and got no popup for the soundtrack. Using firefox 4.0.1. Time to figure out who to e-mail on the site.

Urgh I didn't think to register the game with a different browser.

I've noticed before Nintendo websites having a problem with Google Chrome.

Danneee

Wow, a lot of the mechanics in this game has not aged very well at all. Some are downright bad, like the camera/lock on system that only seem to work 1/3 of the time. Combined with the sneaking parts and some cramped corridors makes for one frustrating experience.

For what it's worth, there's a 99-post topic on the official nintendo forums with people saying they never got the prompt to get the soundtrack, and people on CAG are reporting the same mixed results.

I sent an e-mail to http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webform.jsp, and there's also a customer service number (1-800-255-3700) for order problem solving if you'd like to go that route.

Hopefully they have more than four copies of the soundtrack lying around and will get them out to everyone.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Registered mine soon as I woke up, no problems (and surprisingly no lag on the website).

Entered code, then it brought me to the survey. Then I got the message abotu the Soundtrack.

EDIT: Using Firefox 4.0.1 with all the standard popup blockers and it still worked fine.

meltingparappa said:
Only five copies at my target. Three were gone by the time I left.

I also registered and got no popup for the soundtrack. Using firefox 4.0.1. Time to figure out who to e-mail on the site.

Weird that some with the exact same browser versions are having issues, maybe it's some add-ons or extensions that are interfering? Either way, definitely contact Nintendo support.

I had a final question in my survey asking if I purchased early because of the soundtrack (etc), but I didn't get any messages or options indicating that it was ordered. E-mailing Ninty.

Synless said:
So I registered the game on Club Nintendo, no pop-up. What the fucks the deal?? I want my soundtrack.

I was using the firefox browser.

This, and WTF Nintendo? I got my copy early and registered it this morning at 8:30 EST so either they only had 5 of these things or collectively the entire internet got the game the early and said "hey lets fuck with this guy" and the took every available copy of the OST in the window between 3AM (12AM PST) and 8AM (5AM PST) while I choose to sleep.

Tracy Morgan said:
There's things you don't know about me Jim. I'll Fuck a little kid up if he kick me in the Dick

Y2Kev said:
AH AH AH AH WHAT TIME does gamestop open!!!
Mine opens around 10, but you might be able to find out if you just call your store.
They should have one of those default "our stores are open from this time to this time" if it's before store hours.

Jackano

Izayoi said:
We need people who got their soundtrack to confirm what browser they were using.

If they're already out they might as well have not advertised it at all, because that's awfully stupid.

Opera 11 for PC. Edit: (NoE registration, I just read about the popup problem for US users sorry)

DrStiles

Filled out the survey and didn't get a CD pop up, was using Google Chrome as a browser :/. This sucks, but at least I have OoT to help ease the pain. Sent the support line an email though.

besiktas1

Help! First time player.

i met Zelda, her bodyguard told me to go to village. From there I went graveyard. Played tune, opened hole. Ran away from things that made me freeze. Got new tune. Stuck...

Disguises

besiktas1 said:
Help! First time player.

i met Zelda, her bodyguard told me to go to village. From there I went graveyard. Played tune, opened hole. Ran away from things that made me freeze. Got new tune. Stuck...
Turn around and go out the same way you went in. In Hyrule, they have magical teleporters beneath holes apparently :). Go back to the town that way.

besiktas1 said:
Help! First time player.

Show the letter Zelda gave you to the guard at the gates to the mountain to open up the path.

edit:
Oops slight misunderstanding

Tip for dealing with the "things that made you freeze":
Play the sun's song to freeze them.

Thoraxes

DrStiles said:
Filled out the survey and didn't get a CD pop up, was using Google Chrome as a browser :/. This sucks, but at least I have OoT to help ease the pain. Sent the support line an email though.
Which e-mail was it? There's a bunch here on the site.

besiktas1 said:
Help! First time player.

Did you give the guy the note? If not try to and do what he asks.

Edit: Beaten

Jackano

besiktas1 said:
Help! First time player.

You just completed a side-quest to get this tune, this is not the main quest.
Stay in the village and talk to the soldier garding a door. Maybe something Zelda gave you will help here...

Edit: of course beaten 3 or 4 times :)

For what it's worth, people on CAG (aka a group much fussier about pre-order bonuses) have been calling the support number about the pre-order bonus.

One got a "we're probably out should have gone to a 24 hour store" line (most likely bullmess since some people are still successfully registering their copy and getting the popup, another CSR simply said that it's been a big problem this morning.

Also some are speculating the popup is flash based, so if you're paranoid, don't try it on your iphone or ipad (or 3ds, hurr de hurr hurr).

meltingparappa said:
For what it's worth, people on CAG (aka a group much fussier about pre-order bonuses) have been calling the support number about the pre-order bonus.

One got a "we're probably out should have gone to a 24 hour store" line (most likely bullmess since some people are still successfully registering their copy and getting the popup, another CSR simply said that it's been a big problem this morning.

Also some are speculating the popup is flash based, so if you're paranoid, don't try it on your iphone or ipad (or 3ds, hurr de hurr hurr).
Yea I plan on using IE to register it lol.

besiktas1

Disguises said:
Turn around and go out the same way you went in. In Hyrule, they have magical teleporters beneath holes apparently :). Go back to the town that way.
did that. No prompt so i went to village. attacked a chicken. Lots of chickens came. Killed me. Now what?

DrStiles said:

Me at about 9AM when I realized this was not working properly

Also its definitely a flash based window as I would have seen the grey warning bar at the top of my firefox browser.

rhino4evr

Never seen so many people get worked up for a free soundtrack. You know someone will rip it and upload it, within minutes of it's release anyway.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Well, for lack of a 3DS I'm replaying the original which I never actually finished all by myself (but watched others play a lot of it). Is there a way, through emulation or whatever other means, to get it to run at a decent frame rate, without speeding up the whole game? It's pretty annoying with its 20 fps and drops on top of that so if there is a way I might as well go for it now that I'm relatively early still (2 stones down and kinda stuck, lol I suck). If I ever get a 3DS I'm definitely getting this too, the frame rate alone seems worth it even if there were no other upgrades (which there seem to be a lot anyway). Other than that the game still feels modern though, what amazing design. Here's hoping for SS.

Top Bottom