• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mega-Cave Shooter Post, because they're totally awesome and sweet

Isn' the minimum print run for japanese Xbox 360 games set to 7.000 by Microsoft? How many DDP 5pb. have printed? Better to release a "new and expanded" version than to loose time in trying to patch that mess.

hipgnosis

This was on Caves Facebook page:

"Some of our fans may be familiar with our upcoming Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets Japan release. We currently have talks over some of our other Japan-only titles ongoing with overseas publishers, but our producer Asada-san is currently thinking about making the MMP/PS double pack region free. Feel free to send him some feedback here: blog360@mail.cave.co.jp"

So is that FB page official Cave page or fanmade? I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing!

hipgnosis said:
"Some of our fans may be familiar with our upcoming Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets Japan release. We currently have talks over some of our other Japan-only titles ongoing with overseas publishers, but our producer Asada-san is currently thinking about making the MMP/PS double pack region free.
15rjxv7.gif

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
hipgnosis said:

"Some of our fans may be familiar with our upcoming Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets Japan release. We currently have talks over some of our other Japan-only titles ongoing with overseas publishers, but our producer Asada-san is currently thinking about making the MMP/PS double pack region free. Feel free to send him some feedback here: blog360@mail.cave.co.jp"

So is that FB page official Cave page or fanmade? I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing!
Will be sending emails!

hipgnosis

shintoki said:
Will be sending emails!
This was the first thing I did!

They also write this: "You will probably see more CAVE 360 games overseas. Asada P just wants to hear some feedback on these two games."

This pretty much confirms that were getting other Cave titles released here! This is pretty damn exciting! Maybe I don't have to buy that J-Xbox after all.

hipgnosis said:

Thanks, I'll make myself heard!

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
hipgnosis said:

Oh.. oh my.

I'm sending an eMail over now and giving this thread a bump to get more people to eMail.

Oyashiro

HOLY FUCK YES PLEASE MUCHI MUCHI PORK/PINK SWEETS REGION FREE!

I was just about to come in here and cry about how we were probably never going to get another RF release. Please email this person, everyone! I really want this game :(

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Yes Boss! said:
I'm betting a NA release for DSIIX and Daiffukatsu next year.
That's what I gathered from the Facebook post as well.

From the Facebook post, one of Cave's direct responses:

"You will probably see more CAVE 360 games overseas. Asada P just wants to hear some feedback on these two games."

Princess Skittles said:
Bonus: Include a picture of your Cave collection to 1) Show that you mean bidness, and 2) Show that you are a creep.
I would, but I'd be embarrassed about having so many of them sealed and unplayed :lol

FnordChan

Aku-Audi said:
I spent the entire last week with Ryu Umemoto, the composer of CAVE's newest shooter Akai Katana and arranger on plenty of their games. He was one of the most well known composers during the PC-98 era. Anyway I wrote a small piece on it and he does go into CAVE a bit. One of the most interesting people I ever met.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/umemoto/ryuumemoto.htm

That was a great article and I'm grooving to the sample songs as we speak. Thank you for writing it up!

FnordChan

Rocca

To Far Away Times said:

That is fantastic. You have made my day.

Also, Daifukkatsu finally came in last night (The ups guy screwed up, I called their Central shipping house and he actually came back before clocking out, nice guy) and played the 360 version with Type-A...

Fantastic. I can already see myself trying to figure out the safest route out of the (Stage 5, I believe) rotating multi-laser cannons. Pretty stuff.

Considering the Ketsui mode they plan to add to the retail disc of Black Label, I think February is going to be a great month for J-360 owners.

Princess Skittles said:
Bonus: Include a picture of your Cave collection to 1) Show that you mean bidness, and 2) Show that you are a creep.

Heh, that's a good idea :)

Despite owning a J-360, having Cave games region free so more people can play them is a great thing so I'll definitely be emailing as well.

Only negative at the moment is that I found out that my Daifukkatsu only shipped yesterday so it'll be next weekend at the earliest before I am playing it :(

Princess Skittles said:

Done and done :D

IMAG0133.jpg

Don't think my copy of Daifukkatsu has even shipped yet :( Hope I get it before Christmas.

Bebpo

Banned
Hmm...

I'm really happy the double pack will be likely be region free. I prefer to play these on my US system since my J-X360 is on its last legs and I can't use internet for leaderboards/replays/achievements.

otoh, I'm gonna be negative here and say I wish US publishers would just give up on talks with Cave for US releases so that they can ALL be region free. Didn't Death Smiles bomb in the US? I just get the feeling there will be talks and talks about bringing Cave games over but nothing will happen and meanwhile we'll get region locked games. It'd be one thing if they started bringing out all the releases in the US a few months after the Japanese release. But so far that hasn't happened. I held off on importing Death Smiles IIX since DS1 came to the US and I thought maybe they'd pick up the sequel, but so far we've heard nothing from the US side about anymore Cave releases.

I think the best option tbh, would be day 1 worldwide XBLA releases like Guwange. I'd easily give up the "updated x360 graphics" which I barely notice in these retail ports for a $15 worldwide XBLA release with leaderboards and arrange modes.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Bootaaay said:
Done and done :D

IMAG0133.jpg

Don't think my copy of Daifukkatsu has even shipped yet :( Hope I get it before Christmas.

Just wait, now that I've started buying the 360 titles I'll catch up soon enough! One of these days I might even have a j360 to play them on! :lol

... :(

hipgnosis

I went ahead and preordered that MMP/PS Limited Edition. I had a 12 off 100$ coupon so I had to order it soon. I can always cancel it if it turns out that it isn't region free.

epmode

Is that Pink Sweets pack up at NCS yet? I don't see it mentioned on the main site and the actual stores are kind of a mess to dig through.

I really need to start picking up the pace , I only have Dodopachi Daiou Jou , Mushi Futari and Deathsmiles for the 360 .
I have lots of Cave though :D

DSCF3270.jpg

luka

Loves Robotech S1
CaseyTappy said:
I really need to start picking up the pace , I only have Dodopachi Daiou Jou , Mushi Futari and Deathsmiles for the 360 .
I have lots of Cave though :D

DSCF3270.jpg

ಥ﹏ಥ

Tain

Are Ibara PCBs cheap these days? I wouldn't mind playing a good version of that game.

Bebpo said:
I think the best option tbh, would be day 1 worldwide XBLA releases like Guwange. I'd easily give up the "updated x360 graphics" which I barely notice in these retail ports for a $15 worldwide XBLA release with leaderboards and arrange modes.

That's gonna be an unlikely solution given how new the games are. Deathsmiles 2 came out in '09, no way they'd sell that at $25 or $20.

510689494_photobucket_13188_.jpg

I got what I could. Not having a job for a year RIGHT after Ibara came out on PS2 hurt for getting the OSTs. I was honestly trying to start the Cave collection. :(

Been playing more Daifukkatsu. I think Arrange A might be my favorite mode on the disc. You spend a lot of the stage in hyper using C-shot, dodging shit tons of bullets with all the slowdown then occasionally switching to boost in order to clear a path. You can crank up your hit counter to insane levels (the replay for the #1 guy on the leaderboards gets over 100,000) and the only time you have to worry about your chain breaking is if you get killed. Not to mention how awesome it looks with so much going on on screen. So yeah it's awesome.

Keep the pics coming guys! It's so great to see all the Cave <3 :D

Gonna get one taken later too, in the meantime, I have a spare $5 off $50 Playasia coupon. As I don't use PA for preorders, if any of my fellow shmup fans want this for any of the upcoming stuff just PM me :)

Oh hey Deathsmiles 2 is pretty fun! It's not nearly as ugly as the videos made it out to be. Yeah, a lot of the models look like they were ripped from an old Naomi game, but it's colorful and clean and 60fps. I prefer the 2D but if Cave went fully polygonal I don't think I'd be too broken up about it.

I totally cheezed out and 1CC'd 360 mode my first time through. Picked Rosa, picked rank 1 on all stages, easiest damn thing in the world. Her ending was creepy -- all getting a topless massage and moaning a lot. Somewhere in the text was the number 17. I don't want to know what the hell she was saying. Why can't we go back to the innocent days of Gunbird, where half the endings involved homosexual muscle men. That's the kind of sexy ending I can get behind.

If DS2 ever comes out here I wonder if they'll fix up arcade mode. I'd like to have the enemy notification arrows back! Make up for screwing up the slowdown in US Deathsmiles.

Yes Boss! said:
Ha, it will be hard for somebody to top CaseyTappy's collection...even the little DS game in there!

Bow.
Man, mine was real close to his -- right down to having Mushi THE BEST rather than the initial release -- but I sold off a lot of my PCBs. Don't have a Feveron poster but I do have a DOJ poster a very kind friend gave me years ago. Never did get Ketsui DS and really regret it since it costs a fortune now. The Cave market is absolutely retarded, with the aforementioned price on Ibara PS2 vs Ibara PCB being a prime example. Anyone paying above retail for either Taito release is crazy. Those ports sucked balls. It would be great if Cave re-released them on 360.

(P.S. I have a sealed copy of Ibara PS2 that I'd totally sell to anyone crazy enough to pay BIG BUXXX.)

Yes Boss!

My Cave retail collection is complete with the exception of the two PS1 Pachi games since they are on PSN (at least i think it is complete). I'll definitely track those down next year for play on my CRT or to spool them to a cabinet...fairly cheap. And they are better than the Saturn versions.

Go for the DS game! Think it is only a hundred-ish, which is not much more than than the initial retail price. Fun, fun little version

And DSIIX rocks. Great to see another supporter!

Rummy Bunnz said:
Why can't we go back to the innocent days of Gunbird, where half the endings involved homosexual muscle men. That's the kind of sexy ending I can get behind.

Didn't one of the endings in Gunbird 1 involve the little witch aging like 7 years all at once and growing breasts in the process? God knows how my Saturn collection managed to include three games where there are scenes of young girls growing up in seconds(Gunbird 1, Twinkle Star Sprites, and Princess Crown). Plus there was that ending in Gunbird 2 where some dude basically wishes that the girl stayed young forever.

Even when it was creepy it was still funny. Just from DS1's endings though..eugh...just creepy.

Tain

I'm warming up to DFK. Some of the best stages and enemies ever, tied perfectly to the scoring. The autobomb despair is wearing off.

Top Bottom