• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mega-Cave Shooter Post, because they're totally awesome and sweet

Thanks guys. I'll have the replay up on youtube tomorrow if anyone without a 360 wants to check it out.

#1, in the world?

Good god. Will download and watch your replay tonight.

How many hours have you logged in the game, d'you reckon?

It's only the #1 score on the 360 version; I know of at least 5 players who have gotten better scores on the PCB (NAK, ZAP, YOU, IO and WY).

I'm not sure how many hours I've put into the game either... Raptr.com says I've spent 460 hours online with Futari, so maybe 200 of those went into God Mode?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Thanks guys. I'll have the replay up on youtube tomorrow if anyone without a 360 wants to check it out.

It's only the #1 score on the 360 version; I know of at least 5 players who have gotten better scores on the PCB (NAK, ZAP, YOU, IO and WY).

I'm not sure how many hours I've put into the game either... Raptr.com says I've spent 460 hours online with Futari, so maybe 200 of those went into God Mode?

460 hours ;_;

kaioshade

I am still trying to find a good source to get a JPN 360. I cannot justify dropping 450+ on a 4GB system. (And my GF would murder me).

Any recommendations?

Just got #1 on the Futari God Mode leaderboards. I've been working on this for a few months so I'm pretty happy right now~

XRwSu.jpg

Now I hope NAK will turn on his Xbox some day and upload a really godlike 6+ billion run.

Good shit.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

Ban Puncher

This is a long shot but does anyone know where I can pick up some Taito and Club Sega ashtrays? They used to pop up on eBay now and then but I haven't seen any for nearly a year and would like a couple for my coins and tokens.

I am still trying to find a good source to get a JPN 360. I cannot justify dropping 450+ on a 4GB system. (And my GF would murder me).

Any recommendations?

I got my 4GB JPN 360 through http://global.rakuten.com/en/ as a package with Persona 4, a bunch of other freebie games AND A HORI STICK tossed in for much less than anywhere I have seen online for just the console on its own.

jbueno

Not a long shot at all. Rancor at Tokyo Shmups sells them.

http://www.sk8tokyo.com/shmup/

Go to "Other Shmup-related Items" link in top left.

Didn´t know Rancor had them, too bad he only deals in PayPal. Perhaps I´ll just steal one whenever I´m in Japan.

It would also be nice if the store carried those elusive stools to go with a cab.

Just got #1 on the Futari God Mode leaderboards. I've been working on this for a few months so I'm pretty happy right now~

XRwSu.jpg

Now I hope NAK will turn on his Xbox some day and upload a really godlike 6+ billion run.

Congratulations on yet another scoring milestone. You truly humble all of us!

What´s next, a DOJ Death Label clear?

Yes Boss!

He definitely charges a bit more.

I got some from eBay a few years ago (reckon the same seller Man Puncher remembers) for about $15...which was already too high considering they were probably stolen.

Ban Puncher

I would of lifted some myself last time I was in Akihabara but I'm not a total scumbag.

That and not wanting to have pockets full of old cigarette butts.

danmaku

You don't need a gold account to access leaderboards and download/upload replays. You just need to be logged in to your account while playing score attack. Gold is only for multiplayer and I think Death Smiles is the only Cave port that supports online multiplayer.

danmaku

Oh, didn't know about DS2, never tried the coop mode. It's strange that all of their games support offline coop but only Death Smiles games have online. What makes DS so special? o_0

cuilan

Oh, didn't know about DS2, never tried the coop mode. It's strange that all of their games support offline coop but only Death Smiles games have online. What makes DS so special? o_0

Your avatar reminded me to check if Guwange also has online co-op, and it looks like it does.

I think all the ports that Cave handled themselves have online co-op. The ones handled by others don't though (M2 and 5pb).

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Blah customs wants me to fill out some form for my 360. Contacted P-A since I looked at it and I don't know how to handle it at all. I was looking forward to playing Espgaluda II properly tomorrow too. >:

Teknoman

So what do you guys prefer when it comes to Akai Katana? Slash, Origin, or Climax?

Also with Deathsmiles, is there really a point to playing all the different modes offered, or is it really just best to stick to one?

Yes Boss!

So what do you guys prefer when it comes to Akai Katana? Slash, Origin, or Climax?

Also with Deathsmiles, is there really a point to playing all the different modes offered, or is it really just best to stick to one?

I tried playing it yesterday after giving up on Gradius V (since it was too difficult), and I could not figure anything out for AKS. Watched the Rising Star videos and everything but it was giving me a headache. Seems very complex. I was playing Slash mode.

Any help on how it operates would be welcome.

Teknoman

Slash seems like its mostly for people who want to play really offensively. After watching the videos a few times, and giving stage 1 a few runs, it seems to work like this:

Normal defense mode shots wrack up steel and normal attack mode shot wracks up energy. Your steel stock is the located in the circle field around you, and I think it maxes out at 5?

Of course you already know that energy is used for activating phantom form, but this time when you activate with a certain number of steel stocked up, it creates orb projectiles in front of you, that fire when you use a phantom defense mode shot. I think those orbs cancel bullets and do a nice amount of damage on whatever is in front of you.

In phantom mode, your attack mode shot now wracks up katanas (you'll notice the giant swords around you once you get enough katana stock to have more than one). When you cancel your phantom mode, it sends the katanas flying at the enemy for big damage and I think depending on how many bullets they pass through, generates tons of those G score items.

Of course this is just going off memory...so I need to jump back in, or watch a video to make sure i'm on the right track.

shaowebb

Slash seems like its mostly for people who want to play really offensively. After watching the videos a few times, and giving stage 1 a few runs, it seems to work like this:

Normal defense mode shots wrack up steel and normal attack mode shot wracks up energy. Your steel stock is the located in the circle field around you, and I think it maxes out at 5?

Of course you already know that energy is used for activating phantom form, but this time when you activate with a certain number of steel stocked up, it creates orb projectiles in front of you, that fire when you use a phantom defense mode shot. I think those orbs cancel bullets and do a nice amount of damage on whatever is in front of you.

In phantom mode, your attack mode shot now wracks up katanas (you'll notice the giant swords around you once you get enough katana stock to have more than one). When you cancel your phantom mode, it sends the katanas flying at the enemy for big damage and I think depending on how many bullets they pass through, generates tons of those G score items.

Of course this is just going off memory...so I need to jump back in, or watch a video to make sure i'm on the right track.

Pretty much what I remember. I played all Slash mode and it was constantly rack up meter and green, flip mode, pop off at enemies and rack up steel, flip mode, ride the katana shot whilst firing for perpetual flipping.

jbueno

For those interested, the Cave World page updated with little info on the next Winter Sale, which will run from December 21 to January 6, here´s hoping for a good discount on DDP Maximum.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Finally got around to replacing my stolen one:
xIUHJl.jpg

Now with new game!
wzjK0l.jpg

Going to do a good old run of Espgaluda II after my US PSU comes in the mail.

BOTEC

Finally got around to replacing my stolen one:
xIUHJl.jpg

Now with new game!
wzjK0l.jpg

Going to do a good old run of Espgaluda II after my US PSU comes in the mail.

Wow. SFIV and Need For Speed. Random, buit awesome pack-ins. All I got with my J-360 was Ninety Nine Nights. :(
:)

Yes Boss!

Yeah InfiniteNine,

Be sure to check the power requirements. Every single one of my 360s has had a different PSU. Heck, I've even got two US Elites that have a very different plug on the 360-side to avoid consumers using the wrong PSU (I'm guessing).

Yeah InfiniteNine,

Be sure to check the power requirements. Every single one of my 360s has had a different PSU. Heck, I've even got two US Elites that have a very different plug on the 360-side to avoid consumers using the wrong PSU (I'm guessing).

Yeah, whenever the PSU's wattage output for the original 360 design was lowered, the plug was redesigned to be forwards-compatible, but not backwards-compatible.

hongcha

According to the Cave blog (http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/), the Cave Shooting collection for the JP X360 will be released in February. Each game will have a full color picture label on the game disc and all of the discs will be presented in a single collection box (so, no individual DVD case for each game). Preorders will close in mid-January, and they'll just print up enough to fill the preorders and apparently that will be it.

Yes Boss!

According to the Cave blog (http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/), the Cave Shooting collection for the JP X360 will be released in February. Each game will have a full color picture label on the game disc and all of the discs will be presented in a single collection box (so, no individual DVD case for each game). Preorders will close in mid-January, and they'll just print up enough to fill the preorders and apparently that will be it.

Ka-ching!

Sounding good. Just waiting for more news on what and how the DLC is included.

I had to look that one up. Senko no Ronde Duo

That looks like an AMAZING versus take on the twin stick shooters. God that looks like it could be tourney streamed as guys transform into giant bosses and spray bullet hell at each other in between acceleration of Suguri style combat.

This should get a thread. Is it region free?
SNR1 got released in the US and bomba'd down to $10 in less than a year because Ubisoft is terrible and who in their right mind would pay $60 for a shit localization like that.

DUO is region locked for god knows what reason. GRev claimed certification differences between regions when I emailed them about it (you can even read the thread where I found out about it lol).

Slermy

SNR1 got released in the US and bomba'd down to $10 in less than a year because Ubisoft is terrible and who in their right mind would pay $60 for a shit localization like that.

DUO is region locked for god knows what reason. GRev claimed certification differences between regions when I emailed them about it (you can even read the thread where I found out about it lol).

I'm pretty sure I did. :( I was a G.Rev fan even back then.

Top Bottom