• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread |OT2| All Riffs, No Gifs

Good stuff, I've got Maiden followed by Napalm Death 2 days later next week, good job I wear earplugs!
Im actually super glad i decided to bring some. The twin brothers i was standing next to partially lost their hearing because they didn't bring any. But hey i hope you have a good time at your shows!

Also, anyone have any tips for shrinking shirts without ruining the image? All 100% cotton.

Tankard

Im actually super glad i decided to bring some. The twin brothers i was standing next to partially lost their hearing because they didn't bring any. But hey i hope you have a good time at your shows!

Also, anyone have any tips for shrinking shirts without ruining the image? All 100% cotton.

The dryer? I don't know if ruins the image though.

venomenon

Gonna see Riverside tomorrow. First prog gig I'm attending (one could question if their more recent stuff is metal at all). I assume it'll feel kinda weird in comparison to the more extreme metal shows I usually attend but the band is just so good. Glad they decided to continue and play live again after their guitarist passed.

The dryer? I don't know if ruins the image though.
Google tells me hot water should do the trick. Seems to have workes for my Metallica shirt.

Also humble brag but the bassist of EODM asked me for my video of her doing her bass solo last night. So, good times continue.

Tankard

Google tells me hot water should do the trick. Seems to have workes for my Metallica shirt.

Also humble brag but the bassist of EODM asked me for my video of her doing her bass solo last night. So, good times continue.

The dryer did the work for me too, even though i didn't want it to, learned the hard way, lol.

Also, congrats =)

The dryer did the work for me too, even though i didn't want it to, learned the hard way, lol.

Also, congrats =)
My whole thing with the dryer though is its a lot easier to dunk it into the hot water a few times than it is to dry it numerous times. But looking at my metallica shirt right now its looking pretty faded and im not sure if thats through washing or the hot water.

lordxar

Came across this in my new music playlist and it almost instantly struck a high note with me. I am digging this a lot. Very cool jams.

Hail-Spirit-Noir-Mayhem-in-Blue.jpg

http://hailspiritnoir.bandcamp.com/album/mayhem-in-blue

Yeah this is good; feels like it's been a long time coming. I'm not really a huge Patton fan so I kinda wish Gabe was still in the band, but so it goes.
I love Patton but majority of his projects stray too far from heavy music for me to really dig it. High hopes for the album

Don't care about The Locust at all

XenoRaven

Saw Mastodon on Tuesday. Good times. Russian Circles opened and they were quite good. I'll have to check out more of their stuff.

Eagles of Death Metal played as well and they were pretty fun. Brent played the first song with them. At one point during the set, the guitarist just ripped all his strings off his guitar bare handed. It was pretty sweet.

Saw Mastodon on Tuesday. Good times. Russian Circles opened and they were quite good. I'll have to check out more of their stuff.

Eagles of Death Metal played as well and they were pretty fun. Brent played the first song with them. At one point during the set, the guitarist just ripped all his strings off his guitar bare handed. It was pretty sweet.
Ayy you saw em the day before me. They didnt do the guitar string thing though. But i did get one of the EODM picks.

Though ive gotta say one of my favorite things about Mastodon live is the way Troy grooves.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Gotta say, last 56 seconds of Waiting Around To Die by Power Trip goes hard as fuck, goddamn. No matter what I'm doing, that shit comes on, and I immediately start headbanging lol. Probably my AOTY so far.

So Mastodon put out a lullaby album. Featuring family favorites like Blood and Thunder, High Road and Oblivion!

unfortunately its without lyrics

Alestorm is awful and that Mexico song is SUPER awful.

Running Wild did it first! (I'm contractually obligated to say "Running Wild did it first!" whenever Alestorm is mentioned.)

That said a new Alestorm album in 2017 means a new Gloryhammer album in 2018 right? I can only hope.

Very late to the party, but my god Kodama is absolutely amazing, Eclosion especially is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. I'll never doubt Neige again.

e_i

Can't wait for the Bardspec album. Been listening to Fire Tongue and Bone and really really digging the songs, especially Bone's build up. Fire Tongue is up on Spotify is a radio edit, but you listen to full 12 minute track on the band's bandcamp page

Top Bottom