• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mick |OT| Sitcom starring Kaitlin Olson - Tuesdays on FOX at 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit that I was pessimistic at the first couple of previews, but week after week this show has impressed the hell out of me.

And yes, Alba continues to be the real MVP. A character I thought would be a one-note gag turns out to be easily the best out of a surprisingly strong cast of characters.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Alba has basically turned into end game Frank Reynolds in a single season. She went from being pretty straight and mild mannered maid to doing shrooms in the middle of the day, tricking Ben into not believing about death, and all other kinds of fucked up shit haha

Jarrod38

6nA4VU8.gif

Gisele

Banned
The 25 joke was great and I gotta think the reference to hating her knees is a sunny reference. Charlie had dislikes as people's knees.

Aha, that's where I knew it from. <3

I think Sabrina is wrong about the price of the breast form though. The silicon is relatively cheap, like in the $100-300 range. It's the surgery, anesthetic, and hospital stay that cost an arm and a leg.

Kaizer

Banned
Alba has basically turned into end game Frank Reynolds in a single season. She went from being pretty straight and mild mannered maid to doing shrooms in the middle of the day, tricking Ben into not believing about death, and all other kinds of fucked up shit haha

Alba has become my favorite character, never know what crazy thing she'll do next. Another great episode this week, Ben driving the car with Jimmy all messed up killed me.

Dereck

New episode

S01E17:
The Intruder

The kids catch a pair of intruders trying to break into the Pemberton mansion; Mickey tries to protect the kids in a case of mistaken identity.

HStallion

Well that is one way to open an episode haha. Fucking Alba with the bottle.

Edit: Holy shit! The shotgun haha

HStallion

The fucking homemade chloroform haha. Alba really and truly has turned into Frank Reynolds

Mindlog

Great first season. Anyone who disagrees can fight me.
OPNvT5l.gif

Need to leave a little more on the end with Jimmy getting beat.
The ending. Magnifique.

HStallion

Well that sets things up for an interesting second season. A solid way to end the season. The parents getting attacked by the dogs was a nice touch.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
great season finale and setup some fun scenarios for the future. can't wait. probably my most favorite surprise of the year. those initial trailers were ok, but the show really grew into itself and its own thing over the course of the season.

I'm not sure I like the
burning of the house down
&#8234;. I like Micky being the fish out of water aspect and the potential for next season might reverse that dynamic.

HStallion

Alba going nuts made me laugh out loud

''You ask why I did that? Well, I don't like you, thats why'''

LOL

I burst out laughing when she clubbed Jimmy over the head with the wine bottle well after he'd stopped paying attention.

Great finale. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say this was probably one of the most consistently funny first seasons of a sitcom ever.

With Benito going pyro at the end, will be interesting to see if the kids have to live in a shitty house next season.

Alba trying to chloroform Mickey was the funniest part, the visual of their 2 sizes just made it even funnier.

Mickey squaring up when Sabrina tried to hug her was great as well.

HStallion

Not sure about other TV streaming services but for anyone who wanted to check out this show in full PS Vue has every single episode of the first season on demand to watch. It was fun to watch the beginning when Alba was still docile and naive and nice. It doesn't last long lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom