• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Miiverse Screenshot Thread

Captain N

Question about screenshots: Let's say I reach a perfect moment in a game and then hit PAUSE. If I then hit HOME, does the screenshot show the pause screen? Or does it show the screen without the pause menu?

Basically I'm asking if, to create a perfect screenshot, do I have to be really fast when hitting the Home key or can I pause first?

you'll need to hit the home button really fast or pause it when it happens. quickly unpause and hit home button.

rpmurphy

Question about screenshots: Let's say I reach a perfect moment in a game and then hit PAUSE. If I then hit HOME, does the screenshot show the pause screen? Or does it show the screen without the pause menu?

Basically I'm asking if, to create a perfect screenshot, do I have to be really fast when hitting the Home key or can I pause first?
It will show whatever was being fed to the video output and on the GamePad at the time you hit the Home button.

Kyzon

Probably a spoiler about ZombiU so I'll just put this in a link
https://image.miiverse.nintendo.net/a/posts/AYMHAAABAABRUKlPilPbVQ/painting

One of my friends

screenshot

screenshot

Drew this guy after my first death in ZombiU. I ran straight into a dead end XD
painting

painting

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Also, I will never understand people who downplay ZombiU's visuals.

The tech can be pretty gross at times. ZombiU is one of the best examples I can think of where strong, cohesive art both perfectly sells the intended atmosphere and does a good job of hiding technical blemishes. ZombiU otherwise has some gross texture filtering, low resolution textures, occasionally flat lighting, rough animations, and so on. But it's super dark, smothers the display in filters, and the artists perfectly understand the use of muted colours and contrasted lighting to paint their atmosphere.

I think it's a really great looking game, but I also know it could look a lot better on a technical front. And a lot of what makes it look great it stuff I hate in other games, eg: excessive screen filtering and chromatic aberration.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Man if Nintendo could just render screenshots at 2x resolution when taking screenshots, that would make this thread substantially more enjoyable.

As it is, it's hard to see a lot of the finer details in the shots. Ah well.

flippedb

Banned
Those drawings are the reason Nintendo went with a resistive screen, people. Tell me how many of you can do the same on Vita's screen.

serplux

Not really. I consider myself a pretty good artist (when it's with pencil and paper at least). I still can't really do this. I am trying to figure out technically how they did them. I'd love to see it done because it is wracking my brain.

It's pretty much the same thing as drawing with pencil and paper though. Granted, I don't consider myself an artist, but drawing simple pictures is fine, and I'm sure if I had greater talent, I could do just as well with Miiverse as I could with a pencil.

What do you do here? I was at this point and I swear there must be something hidden. I tried to swim fast enough so the star could hit it, but it runs out right before you get a chance.

The ? blocks have stars in them to replenish invincibility if you're still invincible at the time. There should be a few prior to this pipe that should give you enough time to get past the urchin.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Drawing those super detailed replicas on Miiverse comes down to talent and time, the latter making it more or less possible for anybody to do it. It's not as complex as trying to replicate an image with pencil and paper, where control of tone and lines is still extremely important.

You're still bound to a single colour and tone, on a strict pixel grid, when drawing on Miiverse. You could, in theory, use software that cuts an image down to B&W with the same pixel ratio, and just replicate it dot-for-dot. Again, very time consuming, but certainly possible for anybody to do.

Madouu

Time for some DK crash course bragging I guess

4 courses
screenshot

first course
screenshot

Pretty far from the best of the best, but I'm pretty proud still!

JoeInky

screenshot

Balloon Trip lasts too long for highscores for me, I can't play it for more then an hour straight without getting bored.

PopeReal

LEGO City pics---->

Moment of reflection:

KpEgXPc.jpg

My personal valet service:

0JijuIs.jpg

Checking out the LEGO store:

V8P32os.jpg

(My NNID is Baby_Sickle)

VAPitts

What do you do here? I was at this point and I swear there must be something hidden. I tried to swim fast enough so the star could hit it, but it runs out right before you get a chance.

lol

well there's gonna be another block b4 that pipe, hit it b4 your star runs out. that'll help u get rid of that bugger and u get a star coin

too bad that's what i did : (

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
This FUCKING company just ruined my workday. Thanks, nintendo!

MarkusRJR

This thread has reminded me or two things:

-ZombiU is surprisingly good looking.
-Lego City Undercover looks hideous.

I'm also kind of surprised how ugly Nintendo Land looks. I knew it didn't have much AA, but it's much more apparent in screenshots.

This thread has reminded me or two things:

-ZombiU is surprisingly good looking.
-Lego City Undercover looks hideous.

I'm also kind of surprised how ugly Nintendo Land looks. I knew it didn't have much AA, but it's much more apparent in screenshots.

NL looks great in motion in person. Same with lego. Dont let the down-scaled pics fool you.

Dmax3901

Just played Nintendoland after playing Blops 2 on 360, god damn it's crisp as fuck. Gets me so erect for Mario/Zelda U.

Top Bottom