• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Miiverse Screenshot Thread

ScRYeD

ivlaq4usNtvm9.jpg

Cuburt

Drawing those super detailed replicas on Miiverse comes down to talent and time, the latter making it more or less possible for anybody to do it. It's not as complex as trying to replicate an image with pencil and paper, where control of tone and lines is still extremely important.

You're still bound to a single colour and tone, on a strict pixel grid, when drawing on Miiverse. You could, in theory, use software that cuts an image down to B&W with the same pixel ratio, and just replicate it dot-for-dot. Again, very time consuming, but certainly possible for anybody to do.

Some of the pictures may drawn directly from reference material but there is no undo or zoom so doing some of those dithering techniques requires a very steady hand at the very least. There isn't even some sort of save function so you can save a drawing and come back to finish it later.

Short of using a pin or needle instead of the stylus and using a magnifying glass, I'd say it's highly improbable that the vast majority of people would be able to complete a picture like that.

It's certainly a different skill than freehand drawing but it takes skill none the less.

Robin64

Well, here's a shot of the secret HAL room in Kirby's Adventure.

IbShM8M.jpg

A really nice location in LEGO City Undercover.

N4NTOH0.jpg

And some Nanostray goodness, because more people should get Nanostray.

CowHtft.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
ywf8r.jpg

Some of the pictures may drawn directly from reference material but there is no undo or zoom so doing some of those dithering techniques requires a very steady hand at the very least. There isn't even some sort of save function so you can save a drawing and come back to finish it later.

Short of using a pin or needle instead of the stylus and using a magnifying glass, I'd say it's highly improbable that the vast majority of people would be able to complete a picture like that.

It's certainly a different skill than freehand drawing but it takes skill none the less.

Yeah. I didn't mean to dismiss the skill involved. More point out that, theoretically, people with enough time and patience could replicate an image by pixels.

so is it against the rules to just link the images directly from the miiverse site?

Nah. If you wan't to do that, do so.

Nice shots, guys.

It's a shame they aren't full res though... Rather than having to post screens to Miiverse, perhaps Nintendo could allow saving full resolution screenshots to whatever storage device you are using? That would be swell.

Also, Nano Assault is such a pretty game.

Yeah. I didn't mean to dismiss the skill involved. More point out that, theoretically, people with enough time and patience could replicate an image by pixels.

I actually did this for a drawing of mine. Did it pixel by pixel. A pain to do.

Well, not the whole drawing, obviously.

painting_6.png

Muku

Which is funny. Because my video on YouTube doing the more realistic looking stuff, I had a commenter basically saying it was cheap and copying. While I don't recall him saying it lacked skill, it made me think he thought it took no skill. That Donkey Kong I posted earlier took me freaking hours. One of my longer projects. But, I disagree with what he was saying ultimately. Especially spending that many hours working on it. It's just a different skill.

Though, I found the fact of him stating it was just copying kind of funny. In art, especially while learning basics for stuff, that's what you DO in art classes. Recreate a painting in painting class, draw a model in your drawing class. At that point isn't art all copying? If I drew a downed tree, wouldn't I just be copying nature? ;)

EDIT: I do wonder where folks draw the line at what they think takes skill and what is just copying or what not. Is it an artist versus non artist issue, or what.

Decided it was time to finally get my Ass through this game:

http://i.imgur.com/RoTMITL.jpg[IMG]

Edit: Eh. I figured [spoiler]just pretty buildings[/spoiler].

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Some of my screenshots from Lego City Undercover. Later in the game I was so much into it that I forgot to take any more of these.

lcu1pzjzg.jpg

lcu20rjx3.jpg

Frodo

No tires on Need for Speed

screenshot

That Nintendo touch on LCU:

screenshot

And the accusation of NSMBU being bland and uninspired:

screenshot

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Getting mastered using the bow in single player. A right pain I must say.
ibyUZP44MPb9CC.jpeg

I just noticed I hardly take any screenshots. May have to rectify that now that you can save them.

sammex

This is excellent being able to see my screenshots on the pc.

From AC3:

screenshot

I loved this scene near the end of ME3:

screenshot

From Trine 2- such a beautiful game:

screenshot

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
htdvw.jpg

Stupid buddy's Mii.

Sendou

NSMBU

Cl7yamP.jpg

Has science gone too far?

cAmggxc.jpg

It's too bad you can't take that little weapon of mass destruction with you ;_;

Nintendo Land

oiaE1B2.jpg

So you can use the bow in Zelda Battle Quest sideways if you prefer...

Top Bottom